Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default FOOTBALL - (soccer)

Im gonna try to get into soccer and i need to know what/who to watch, and why the rest of the world likes it so much. Ive never been able to get into it (probably cuz ive had no team to root for) so any tips or advice would be helpfull.

Also is MLS any good ?? Toronto has a team and if im going to root for anyone it would most likely be them cuz i can go to games if i start to like it.

Thanks.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Soccer (Football)

Quote Originally Posted by wesrman View Post
    Im gonna try to get into soccer and i need to know what/who to watch, and why the rest of the world likes it so much. Ive never been able to get into it (probably cuz ive had no team to root for) so any tips or advice would be helpfull.

Also is MLS any good ?? Toronto has a team and if im going to root for anyone it would most likely be them cuz i can go to games if i start to like it.

Thanks.
    Tell your Toronto Maple Leafs to take off the skates, drop the sticks and lace up some soccer shoes. They'd stand a better chance.

Glad I could help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post

Tell your Toronto Maple Leafs to take off the skates, drop the sticks and lace up some soccer shoes. They'd stand a better chance.

Glad I could help.
    Spoken like someone that doesnt pick a team and stick with them.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pittsburg. Now don't get all sour on me for dropping a proven loser.

(here it comes..."Bandwagon Jumper!")

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
    Pittsburg. Now don't get all sour on me for dropping a proven loser.

(here it comes..."Bandwagon Jumper!")
    Its cool cuz you're only 14 (not an insult), but now you have to stick with them no matter what. Its easy to be a fan when things are going well.

Now can we get some euros in here to help me start to like soccer please??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks.
    Well. Havent followed football at the Olympics at all, bt if we end p with a Brazil-Argentina game that could be a place to start. Otherwise the (English) Premier League is starting this weekend, and this is arguably the best in the world. Chelsea is my club, has been for 12 years, but if you choose to support them, you'll be in for a lot of abuse.

The most prestigous club tournament in the world is the Champions League. Last qualification round started the other day, I'm guessing the group stage will begin in a few weeks. In reality, this is the thing to see.

Althogh you might as well start following Danish football, as it seems that the entire Canadian national team is on course to end up here. Before everyone start going on about the low quality of play we have here (they'd be right unfortunately), I'll point out that Danish clubs are 15-0-0 in Europe this year, including an away win yesterday in Manchester City.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks.
    Just checked Toronto FC on wikipedia and gotta say I thoght Danny Dichio and Laurent Robert had retired years ago. Guess some people dont die, they only go to Canada.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Support Liverpool, they have not won the league for 18 years and are desperate not to let Man Utd equal their record. They will focus and do anything so that they can win the league this year.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Support Liverpool, they have not won the league for 18 years and are desperate not to let Man Utd equal their record. They will focus and do anything so that they can win the league this year.
    They wont win the league. No matter what Lyle might tell you, dont believe him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm a big football fan and Everton FC fan. I'm going to Everton v Blackburn Rovers tomorrow first match of the new season in the EPL.

The major clubs in Europe that you should watch are:

Barcelona, Real Madrid, Inter Milan, AC Milan, Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Juventus, Valencia. They're just a few of the top of my head. These compete in the Champions League (Excluding AC Milan who are in the UEFA Cup, one step down from the Champions League).

Some teams are more exciting than others. Watch highlights of the English premier league after tomorrow's matches.

Cristiano Ronaldo (Man Utd) is the best player in the world right now. Have a look on him and watch clips of him on youtube, amazing player.

Lionel Messi, Wayne Rooney, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Didier Drogba...all great players

PM me if you want.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here's some Ronaldo goals...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GJetwg_nGs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mikkel_K View Post
    Otherwise the (English) Premier League is starting this weekend, and this is arguably the best in the world.
    Ive been told this by a few other people too, and it looks like i get quite a bit of it on TV so thats cool. I just have to pick a team. Id like to pick a team the is consistently good because all the teams i root for in other sports suck pretty bad..lol. It will also help me to get into it if my team is decent. A friend of mine supports Arsenal and said they are pretty good. Ive also been told not to support Man U cuz i will be hated. Thoughts??

Im obviously going to root for Toronto in MLS just because i can go to games if i start to like it.

Im pretty sure that if i give it a chance and pick a team to root for, i will start to like it cuz i like sports in general.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mikkel_K View Post
    Otherwise the (English) Premier League is starting this weekend, and this is arguably the best in the world.
    Ive been told this by a few other people too, and it looks like i get quite a bit of it on TV so thats cool. I just have to pick a team. Id like to pick a team the is consistently good because all the teams i root for in other sports suck pretty bad..lol. It will also help me to get into it if my team is decent. A friend of mine supports Arsenal and said they are pretty good. Ive also been told not to support Man U cuz i will be hated. Thoughts??

Im obviously going to root for Toronto in MLS just because i can go to games if i start to like it.

Im pretty sure that if i give it a chance and pick a team to root for, i will start to like it cuz i like sports in general.
    Pick Man Utd or Chelsea. Ignore your freind you will only be hated if you support Man Utd by Liverpool fans (Bitter rivalry). Arsenal are good but they won't win the league no way. The Premier League is the best in the world, you can't go wrong following it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im leaning towards Man U, but im going to wait and see before i make a firm decision. I kind of like it that everyone will hate me for it and they look fun to watch.

Ive seen some cool vids on youtube of Toronto FC fans and its looks like it would be fun to go to a few of their games, although i dont know if they're good or not. The fans look crazy, which i like. Ill definatly be supporting them.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrBbJUPVkm0&feature=related

Thread Information