3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lewis Klitschko rematch?

Quote Originally Posted by Britkid
    Quote Originally Posted by SevennDeuce
    Bottom line: Vitali Klitschko > Chris Byrd, any day.
    Except for when it mattered on April 1 2000.
    but he dislocated his shoulder, no?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep, and it will matter when they fight again and I laugh in your face.
    We will find out, hopefully in due cause, but for the moment it is very much Byrd 1 Vitali 0.

SevennDeuce Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SalTheButcher
    but he dislocated his shoulder, no?
    Torn rotator cuff.

P.S. Britkid, Vitali = Somebody
    Byrd= Nobody

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Byrd= Nobody
    And yet Byrd beat Vitali in 10 rounds

SevennDeuce Guest

Let me rephrase that, since unlike you, I consider the word "beat" as in outperform and outclass. Byrd did neither.

So you are honestly telling me all mighty Britkid, that Chris Byrd is superior to Vitali Klitschko...lol....alright....ok.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

damnit man,
    it was torn rotator cuff!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Byrd= Nobody
    For someone who is so well respected and liked in this forum, you sure don't seem to understand a whole lot about anatomy and physiology. Fighting, or doing anything else with a torn rotator cuff would cause extreme pain. As for your comment on Klitschko being better off not mentioning Lewis, I think it's the other way around. Lewis got a present from St. Nick in June 2003, and he should recognize this and stop hanging out in the camps of all of Vitali's opponents like some high school cheerleader........it makes him look REAL bad! Almost as if he knows deep down that he was going to lose that fight.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

too correct

SevennDeuce Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mucho testosterone
    For someone who is so well respected and liked in this forum, you sure don't seem to understand a whole lot about anatomy and physiology. Fighting, or doing anything else with a torn rotator cuff would cause extreme pain. As for your comment on Klitschko being better off not mentioning Lewis, I think it's the other way around. Lewis got a present from St. Nick in June 2003, and he should recognize this and stop hanging out in the camps of all of Vitali's opponents like some high school cheerleader........it makes him look REAL bad!  Almost as if he knows deep down that he was going to lose that fight.Â
    Wow, excellent post. Very true! Stole the words out of my mouth. I'd give you two if I could!

Yet Lennox Lewis gets booed in almost every boxing match he attends. It gets to him. He was beat up in his last fight and retired on an unbalanced heel, specially after running away from a scheduled rematch which was to take place immediatley. Ofcourse, who would want to retire with a loss as your last fight? He made a smart move and retired with a technical win over Vitali Klitschko, just like his advisors told him to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For someone who is so well respected and liked in this forum, you sure don't seem to understand a whole lot about anatomy and physiology. Fighting, or doing anything else with a torn rotator cuff would cause extreme pain. As for your comment on Klitschko being better off not mentioning Lewis, I think it's the other way around. Lewis got a present from St. Nick in June 2003, and he should recognize this and stop hanging out in the camps of all of Vitali's opponents like some high school cheerleader........it makes him look REAL bad!  Almost as if he knows deep down that he was going to lose that fight.Â
    As I have pointed out, fighters have fought with torn rotator cuffs. James 'Buddy' McGirt did it twice against Pernell Whitaker.

All I have said, is special fighters very often make special consessions to pain in their pursuit of greatness. Weather it is Holmes fighting with a torn bicep for 15 rounds, or even Tommy Morrison fighting on with a broken jaw and hand, and winning!

Klitschko has not shown this ability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here's the thing...Vitali is somebody...Byrd is a somebody. They are two of the best talents in the division...anyone that say's different is a close minded fan of one of the other fighters...or you just don't recognize skill.

As far as an injury goes...it's like this...& Christ almighty BritKid & I have gone through this before...everyone feels pain differently & everyone analyzes things differently...Vitali & his corner chose not to continue because he was in so much pain & it's better to live to fight another day.

That was their choice. Other than the Byrd loss...there is nothing else to complain about Vitali in my eyes & the Byrd loss is not a big factor. It was years ago & he has done more than prove himself...since then...Byrd has been KTFO by Ike & has been handed a few gifts along the way.

Vitali is a good man, a good fighter, & a champion. He will prove himself. The Byrd fight would be the best for his image...YES. The Lewis fight would be the best for his pockets.

I would prefer to see him dominate Byrd again...as he was doing in the first fight before he injured himself. Vitali has fought well in every other fight period & I think that we as watchers, fans, & posters are often too critical of fighters when we are nothing more than couch potatoes with opinions.

All fighters deserve respect...especially Vitali.

Now that I have said that...fook James Toney, Antonio Tarver, John Ruiz, Andrew Golota, Brewster, & whoever else out there that I dislike. You guy's suck ass!

Oh yeah...respect Vitali. Heh heh heh.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lennox, Lennox, Lennox I like you as a fighter, I respect you as a fighter so please do yourself a favor and just continue to enjoy your honeymoon and have yourself the "CONTINENTIAL" breakfast and a glass of orange juice.
    To be honest with you I wish he would come back just see and hear the excuses that will be made once Vitali beats him. I have no excuses for Vitali loosing to Lennox notice how I said loosing, cuz Vitali was beating Lennox. But Lennox still won the fight, I highly doubt this will happend. But it would be great.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As I have pointed out, fighters have fought with torn rotator cuffs. James 'Buddy' McGirt did it twice against Pernell Whitaker.

All I have said, is special fighters very often make special consessions to pain in their pursuit of greatness. Weather it is Holmes fighting with a torn bicep for 15 rounds, or even Tommy Morrison fighting on with a broken jaw and hand, and winning!

Klitschko has not shown this ability.
    you will soon learn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

James 'Buddy' McGirt did it against Whitaker, twice! And he quit in neither fight.

Larry Holmes beat Ken Norton despite going into the fight with a torn bicep.

Tommy Morrison won a fight against Joe Hipp with a broken jaw and hand.

If you want to be remembered at this sort of level, there are times you need to go beyond the call of duty; Vitali choose not to.
    Amen to that man. You hit that one right on the head.
    "et ignotas animum dimittit in artes naturamque nouat" Ovid's Metamorphoses

Hidden Content

Thread Information