Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vitali: I'm not ducking anybody!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Vitali: I'm not ducking anybody!

Vitali: I'm not ducking anybody!

July 18, 2005

http://www.fightnews.com/917.htm

WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko would like to make one thing perfectly clear: He has always wanted to fight Hasim Rahman.

“I read things, but I do not believe what I am reading,” Klitschko said. “Three months ago (April 20), a press release was sent out on my behalf stating that I would be ready to fight again in September. It included a letter from my doctor, Dr. Hyun Bae of Los Angeles.

“I am the world heavyweight champion. I am not ducking any fighters, especially Rahman. I want to prove that I am the best, but to be the best you have to fight the best. I read things that are totally unbelievable.’’

Shelly Finkel, an advisor to the Klitschko brothers, says that two weeks after the Klitschko press release, Don King convinced the WBC to hold a heavyweight fight for the interim championship on July 23.

“No matter what Don tells you, he then changed it from July 23 to Aug. 13, leaving Vitali no time to fight the winner on Sept. 24,” Finkel said.

“What television network could program a fight of this magnitude – any heavyweight title fight -- on six weeks notice, without knowing the winner or potential injury to the winner?” said Bernd Boente, Klitschko Brothers Personal Manager and longtime former television executive. “The answer is zero. None would. It is totally unfeasible, and Don King knew that.’’

In regard to King’s comments that Klitschko is afraid of Rahman, Finkel said: “I really don’t know where Don is coming from on this. Rahman has done absolutely nothing recently to strike fear in any top-notch heavyweight, much less the heavyweight champion, Vitali Klitschko.

“Look at Rahman’s last six fights,” Finkel continued. “He lost to John Ruiz. He could not knock out Al Cole, a blown up light heavyweight who Klitschko once sent home from sparring, and had to settle for a decision. He beat the dreaded Mario Cawley, who had lost six in a row, four by knockout, and Rob Calloway, a 36-year-old from Kansas that no one knows, and Terrance Lewis, who was 31-15 and had lost six of his last seven fights. Then, in an eliminator for the WBC No. 1 position, Rahman beat Kali Meehan, a fighter who was knocked out in one round by Danny Williams.

“Going off those fights, does anyone really believe Vitali is afraid of Hasim? What is perplexing to me is that Rahman is fighting Monte Barrett next month and Don promotes them both. You would think that he only promotes Rahman and that he already won the fight.’’

Added Finkel: “When the WBC sanctioned Vitali to fight the winner of Rahman-Barrett at a 65 percent-35 percent split, Vitali was willing to go directly to the winner. This is the split we originally agreed with Rahman and King on. They sure went through a lot to end up where they began.’’
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Vitali: I'm not ducking anybody!

You beat me by 10 seconds!I just put up the same post!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Klitsfan
    You beat me by 10 seconds!I just put up the same post!
    Sorry babe, I just thought that it had to be done. for the effort.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This comes as little surprise. Maybe if Vitali cuts out the use of P.E.D.'s, he won't suffer so many injuries. It only stands to reason that his steroid use has to be a contributing factor to his multiple "training" injuries. Of course, I have no solid, but only anecdotal evidence to support this claim. But it just seems to follow a chain of logic.
    There's no way this guy is ducking anyone, per say. I just think he needs to get off the sauce.
    "et ignotas animum dimittit in artes naturamque nouat" Ovid's Metamorphoses

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think vatili would take rahman to the cleaners, he has a great chin, good boxing skills but the only thing he lacks is heart. other than that he can beat everyone in the top 25 IMO
    Hidden Content
    Ani hu sheshokhen betokh Cain
    Ego sum quis habitavit in Nerone
    Mia fora katoikese mesa se Ioudas
    Ich war mit Legion
    Ana Belial
    And I am Lucifer, The devil in the flesh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne
    I think vatili would take rahman to the cleaners, he has a great chin, good boxing skills but the only thing he lacks is heart. other than that he can beat everyone in the top 25 IMO
    I agree. I got all the faith in the world in Vitali...& he's never been dropped. That makes it even better.

Oh yeah...he's a nice guy with a family too...& he's always respectful of his opponants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think vatili would take rahman to the cleaners, he has a great chin, good boxing skills but the only thing he lacks is heart. other than that he can beat everyone in the top 25 IMO
    I agree to a large degree. We will have to see how some of the prospect(s)
    i.e. Samuel Peter, comes along. He's way too green for Vitali at this point. Unfortunately, the division isn't packed with talent.

Hidden Content

SevennDeuce Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow
    This comes as little surprise. Maybe if Vitali cuts out the use of P.E.D.'s, he won't suffer so many injuries. It only stands to reason that his steroid use has to be a contributing factor to his multiple "training" injuries. Of course, I have no solid, but only anecdotal evidence to support this claim. But it just seems to follow a chain of logic.
    There's no way this guy is ducking anyone, per say. I just think he needs to get off the sauce.
    Please do me a favor and quit the nonsense. Thats just rediculous, hes not on any steroid and couldnt be even if he wanted to.

Lacks heart? Where were you in the Klitschko-Lewis fight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SevennDeuce
    Please do me a favor and quit the nonsense. Thats just rediculous, hes not on any steroid and couldnt be even if he wanted to.

I think vatili would take rahman to the cleaners, he has a great chin, good boxing skills but the only thing he lacks is heart. other than that he can beat everyone in the top 25 IMO
    Lacks heart? Where were you in the Klitschko-Lewis fight?
    where were u for the byrd fight? he was way a head on pts and could have kept byrd at bay with one hand when his sholder went on him
    Hidden Content
    Ich war mit Legion
    Ana Belial

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is nothing ridiculous about it. There are a number of drugs that an athlete can take that would be undectable by any of the most rigorous testing methods.
    Someone with a PhD in Sports Science is well aware of this. I'm of the opinion that both the Klitschkos are using P.E.D. This is merely my opinion though, and it
    explains much of the nonsensical situations that both the brothers got into; e.g.
    Wlad's persistant exhaustion problems and the number of injuries that Vitali has suffered from. You just can't explain that away SevennDeuce, can you?

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is nothing ridiculous about it. There are a number of drugs that an athlete can take that would be undectable by any of the most rigorous testing methods.
    Someone with a PhD in Sports Science is well aware of this. I'm of the opinion that both the Klitschkos are using P.E.D. This is merely my opinion though, and it
    explains much of the nonsensical situations that both the brothers got into; e.g.
    Wlad's persistant exhaustion problems and the number of injuries that Vitali has suffered from. You just can't explain that away SevennDeuce, can you?
    i bet you cant get away with blaming it on bad luck
    Hidden Content
    Ich war mit Legion
    Ana Belial

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    “I am the world heavyweight champion. I am not ducking any fighters, especially Rahman. I want to prove that I am the best, but to be the best you have to fight the best. I read things that are totally unbelievable.’’
    Now that I am drunk as fook...I'd like to go on record as saying... "He's a gotdam liar! He's been duckin the fook outta every in shape fighter on the place of the planet!

Matter o'fact if he fights near December...I got a little Christmas jingle for Vitali: "He's checkin' their weights...he's checkin em twice...he's gonna find out who's fat before the fights...VitaliNoBalls is duckin them clowns...he knows when they been eatin...he knows when they got fat before the fights...he knows who's so slow & plump...errrrrrr...so he can pound them jsut liek rice..."

Or some shat liek that. You could even throw a reindeer covered in snow & Vitali in a sleigh for some kinda Ukraine Rock Video. Could'nt ya just see his big smiling dorky ass in a santa cap? I bet them reindeers'd be going "Goddam this fool is heavy as fook! Rudolph shove that hot bulb of a nose up his ass...maybe he'll get fire mad & actually fight somebody....out of court..." Â

No wait...that's Wlad that's in court...ahhhhhhhhhhhhh shat.

I am drunk again & to all a good night!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It sounds to me that you really have it out for the Klitschko's, otherwise you would keep your completely unfounded ideas that they are using steroids to yourself.You bring it up everytime you post about them, give it a rest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It sounds to me that you really have it out for the Klitschko's, otherwise you would keep your completely unfounded ideas that they are using steroids to yourself.You bring it up everytime you post about them, give it a rest.
    I don't have it in for the Klitschkos. There can be nothing farther from the truth.
    I'm just following a chain of logic that makes perfect sense and explains many of the issues related to both fighters. Do I think that they are the only ones using P.E.D.'s ? Of course not. But they are both the most obvious suspects.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't have it in for the Klitschkos. There can be nothing farther from the truth.
    I'm just following a chain of logic that makes perfect sense and explains many of the issues related to both fighters. Do I think that they are the only ones using P.E.D.'s ? Of course not. But they are both the most obvious suspects.
    If you come out and make a statement and you have absolutely no evidence to back it up and keep enforcing your belief, then it sounds a little pesemistic to me.To say they are the most obvious suspects because they hold PHd's in sports medicine couldn't be more ludicrous!

Thread Information