Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default James Degale

Compared to last year this years Boxing could be seen as a bit of a success for Team GB. This Olympics the return was 1 gold and 2 bronzes compared to 1 silver 4 years ago.

However do you think the GB medalists should turn pro or stay until after the London 2012 games.

With Degale winning Gold one could argue that he could demand a decent signing on fee with a promoter and earn some decent cash for a whilst at least.

However does anyone think if Degale were to turn professional he would be a success. After what I saw he would have to change a lot about his style & technique.

What do others think?
    Tip of the month: Protect yourselves at all times. You never know when the scheming bitch will come back for more.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: James Degale

Quote Originally Posted by Bukom Battler View Post
    Compared to last year this years Boxing could be seen as a bit of a success for Team GB. This Olympics the return was 1 gold and 2 bronzes compared to 1 silver 4 years ago.

However do you think the GB medalists should turn pro or stay until after the London 2012 games.

With Degale winning Gold one could argue that he could demand a decent signing on fee with a promoter and earn some decent cash for a whilst at least.

However does anyone think if Degale were to turn professional he would be a success. After what I saw he would have to change a lot about his style & technique.

What do others think?
    I personally think that he would be a good pro providing he got the right management and trainers. He showed he was a very good BOXER up until the final when he got dragged into a bit of a war. But that said he still came through and won gold so what else can he do?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He said ideally he would want to fight at the London Olympics and win gold in his home city but he would be tempted by the millions offered to him for turning pro. Do not see the BBC making that mistake again.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Degale, Knows how to win, once He learns Short From long and where His Elbows are He will be a Teriffic Fighter.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If I heard right during that tournament, Degale had previously lost 4 times to the Irish fella, had lost against the guy in the final and someone he beat early doors.

He deserved to win the fights he was in. But maybe, considering his previous losses, he just had a lucky great fortnight.

Four years after Khan's Olympic glory, he still hasn't fought for the British title, and Audley never was good enough to even win the English let alone challenge for the British.

Surely Degale can better that.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    If I heard right during that tournament, Degale had previously lost 4 times to the Irish fella, had lost against the guy in the final and someone he beat early doors.

He deserved to win the fights he was in. But maybe, considering his previous losses, he just had a lucky great fortnight.

Four years after Khan's Olympic glory, he still hasn't fought for the British title, and Audley never was good enough to even win the English let alone challenge for the British.

Surely Degale can better that.
    I think it was more that he fought the right fights this time, trying to maintain distance without getting involved.

his technique over the last fortnight was ideal for the ameteur scoring system, standing at distance and his left hand counters came from way out hence the judges were waiting for the contact by the time it reached, much easier to score like that than with a powerful sneaky hook on the inside.

As Scrap said, he found a way to win, maybe he'll be able to do it as a pro as well, but he has a hell of a lot of adjusting to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quite ironic that Degale won the Olympic Gold, as alot of people back in the UK felt he wasnt the strongest Middleweight we have that being George Groves who beat Degale in the ABA's in 2006 and who has just turned pro.

Maybe these two who i think dont like each other at all could be the modern day Benn/Eubank? That would be fun.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    Quite ironic that Degale won the Olympic Gold, as alot of people back in the UK felt he wasnt the strongest Middleweight we have that being George Groves who beat Degale in the ABA's in 2006 and who has just turned pro.

Maybe these two who i think dont like each other at all could be the modern day Benn/Eubank? That would be fun.
    I'd love to see another british era like that!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Degale has a $1m offer from an American promoter on the table right now (most probably GBP who signed Frankie Gavin also). I think he'd be nuts to hang on to the 2012 games. What would happen if he didn't get the gold? He wouldn't be getting a 7 figure sum from anyone.

He needs to strike while the irons hot and take the pro contract.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGunn_ View Post
    Degale has a $1m offer from an American promoter on the table right now (most probably GBP who signed Frankie Gavin also). I think he'd be nuts to hang on to the 2012 games. What would happen if he didn't get the gold? He wouldn't be getting a 7 figure sum from anyone.

He needs to strike while the irons hot and take the pro contract.
    Oscar signed Frankie Gavin already?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Call me a cynic but to me DeGale didn't look very impressive at all. Nobody was happier than me he won a gold, but he wasn't very good in the process.

Poor defence and an open wrist like slapping style. Too much wrestling too! How he'll do in the pro's only time will tell. He was first to admit that he was good at working the amateur scoring system, hit and move, hit and move....
    "He was convulsing on the floor like an infantile retard"

- Mike Tyson Hidden Content

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is David Price going to turn pro ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    I imagine so!He has had interest from Warren and Oscar to.I would if i was him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by yvonne View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    I imagine so!He has had interest from Warren and Oscar to.I would if i was him
    I dount Oscar would be intrested in David Price over acheived imo in the Olympics nothing special at all.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn't rate that Price at all.

I've already got him marked down to be knocked spark out by a Brit journeyman.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information