0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: RDJ's training log

Quote Originally Posted by sourpuss View Post
    I wish I had that luxury.
    It limits me to 3-4 sparring partners. I sometimes box with the others but I don't consider it serious sparring if the weight difference is too big, or if they're big clumsy fuckers. It says nothing about my progress so I don't count it.

Tue Sep 2

Biked 12 miles in the morning, moderate intensity. Biked 5 miles to gym in the evening. Warming up, 15 minutes. Did three rounds on the bag. Sparred about 12 -13 rounds of 2 minutes, rotating with two other guys. So 1 minute against A (southpaw), one minute against B (orthodox), then one minute rest. Did that for about 40 minutes so I'm a complete stiff right now. Biked 5 miles back home.

Sparring went okayish, not too spectacular but I had my moments. I admired my defense too much, and I did not work the body at all. Landed some nice shots, but also took a few so now I have a small mouse underneath my right eye and a bump on the bridge of my nose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

RDJ, where are you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Had a few rough weeks between work and depression. Only had two workouts since my last post, tuesday a week ago, and today. Last week was hell, today a little bit better. I'm back in the gym now though, this can't keep happening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What comes first? depression or lack of training? Do you get down because the lack of exercise or do you have a lack of energy to exercise because you are depressed?

When is your fight again?

I hope you're feeling on the up soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Be carefull because exercise can do as much harm as good to someone with depression. I dont pretend to be adoctor, but sometimes training through it can be a bad thing cuz training causes stress to the body.

GL with it, and get some kind of help (at least talk to someone) before it becomes a serious problem. Sorry to give advice without being asked but id hate to see it get worse if it can be helped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sourpuss View Post
    What comes first? depression or lack of training? Do you get down because the lack of exercise or do you have a lack of energy to exercise because you are depressed?

When is your fight again?

I hope you're feeling on the up soon.
    Lack of training came first, I had to work so there was no time for boxing. What pushed me over the edge though, was that once again I'm being screwed at work. My employer said she wired the money, but nothing appeared. I called her, again she promised me the money was wired. This went on for 1.5 week. Then I got 500 euro, about half of what she owes me. And that's not even including the 300 she owes me from the month before. It's a dead end again, which depressed me, I hoped that this time things would return back to normal again. No debts, a normal job, etc.

This lead to depression. Which lead to alcohol abuse. Which leads to thinking about all the shit that happened in the last few years. Which made me abuse alcohol even more. You get the idea I suppose.

But I'm trying not to let it get to me now. I've trained yesterday and it felt quite good. Didn't spar, I think I'm going to save that for tomorrow. The feeling of physical weakness is gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wesrman View Post
    Be carefull because exercise can do as much harm as good to someone with depression. I dont pretend to be adoctor, but sometimes training through it can be a bad thing cuz training causes stress to the body.

GL with it, and get some kind of help (at least talk to someone) before it becomes a serious problem. Sorry to give advice without being asked but id hate to see it get worse if it can be helped.
    Exercise is what saved me from depression before. My doctor recommended anti-depressiva instead, so I'm not asking him for any more advice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sounds like as long as you are staying active and productive that things are well. Keep it up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thu Sep 25

Biked about 10 miles. Did a 1.5 hour boxing workout consisting of bag work, jump rope, etc.

Fri Sep 26

Biked 27 miles.
    Gmaps Pedometer

Sun Sep 28

Biked about 13 miles, followed by a 4 mile road work session. Also did some shadowboxing.

Gmaps Pedometer
    Gmaps Pedometer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Two times a 5 mile bike ride to and from the gym, as usual. Did about 40 minutes of warming up, I was way too early again. Did about an hour of drills in the ring. Various stuff really, some defensive drills, some combinations on the gloves, shit like that. Short cooling down, some rotating and stretching. And of course, biking home again. I like that as part of my workout, it gives me time to reflect on sparring (if any) and think about things to improve.

Gmaps Pedometer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I ride my bike to the gym as well (when I can). I love it, I'm warmed up when I get there and I get to have some time to myself to think on the way home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A full flight case landed on my wrist 1.5 week ago, so I haven't been boxing since my last post. I ran a few times, biked a bit. Forgot to log though. Tonights run, 5.8 miles. I ran in the dark for the first time in ages, which was great. Did some shadowboxing, pushups and situps somewhere around the 4 mile marker.

Gmaps Pedometer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Biked to the gym, 5 miles. Warmed up, 15 minutes jump rope. Did some defensive drills and some combinations on the gloves (poor mans pad work). Light sparring, which went okayish, it was too light to comment on IMO. Biked 5 miles back.

Gmaps Pedometer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hurt my foot on the last run, at first it felt innocent but it's starting to hurt more and more.

Tue Oct 14

15 mile bike ride, high intensity.

Wed Oct 15

Biked 5 mile to the gym, medium intensity. Warmed up, 15 minutes jump rope. Did three rounds on the bag. Three time three minutes in the ring against a guy who fights for a national title next week. Did ok, but my stamina wasn't good enough to keep up with his work rate, which was very high. Not unsatisfied though, considering I haven't done enough the last few weeks. Cooled down and biked 5 miles back home at high speed.

Thread Information