Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: RDJ's training log

Quote Originally Posted by sourpuss View Post
    Good work, RDJ.

Do you still have a bout coming up?
    Yes, but I got delayed a bit. I'll still be fighting very soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I will fight in February, I had a word with my trainer today. Perhaps there will be a fight gala sooner, but February is certain, because that's when the regional tournament is.

Thu Oct 16

As always 5 mile bike ride to the gym, medium intensity. Warmed up for half an hour, jump rope and shadowboxing. Then did 3 rounds of 3 minutes in the ring, same guy as yesterday. Did better, but I'm kinda bruised up anyway. Gave him a little mouse next to his eye as well After that did about 6 rounds on the bag. Then a punch out drill: 30 seconds,1 minute, 2 minutes and finally 3 minutes continuous punching. Cooled down, and biked back home with a slight detour, 7 miles perhaps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

February?! How the hell am I supposed to wait that long?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You'll manage

Fri Oct 17

Biked 18 miles, high intensity. Perhaps I'll run tonight, but not if it rains. The weather sucks at the moment.

Gmaps Pedometer

Took my evening run, 4 miles.

Gmaps Pedometer
    Last edited by RDJ; 10-17-2008 at 06:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sun Oct 19

Short road work session. Some pushups, pullups, ab work afterwards.

Gmaps Pedometer

Mon Oct 20

Five miles bike ride to the gym. Half an hour jump rope to get warm. Two rounds of shadowboxing. Two rounds on the bag. Four rounds of sparring. Four more bag rounds. A bag punchout drill to finish things. Skipped the cooling down, just did some rotating. Biked 5 miles back home at high velocity.

Sparring went ok against some, not too good against another. Had to spar one of the co-trainers. My jab worked well, doubled up on it, threw it to the body as well. Landed a few right straight, a right uppercut, a few left hooks. I could see in his face he was getting annoyed, and I knew it was only a matter of time before something would come back. He has fast hands, out of nowhere I got hit on the temple. Didn't even have time to retreat my extended left arm. Made me a little dizzy, which hurt my ego a bit I guess

I had to spar a fat guy as well, for some reason he got into the ring with us despite outweighing all of us by about 80 pounds, 4 (light) welterweights and then there's a 220 pound fat fuck. Made no sense to me but fuck it. Jabbed him silly, landed right hands and left hooks at will. Then the fat man tries to hit me behind the head with a right hook, putting all his weight behind it. He failed, but that was some low Sam Peter shit. To be continued I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tue Oct 21

Decided not to box, so I drove the bike instead. Short route, only 18 miles, but at high pace.
    Gmaps Pedometer

Wed Oct 22

As always 10 miles back and forth to the gym. Fifteen minutes warm up. Two rounds on the bag. Got called into the ring for two rounds, they were rotating some of us to give another guy a good workout he has an important match coming up. First round I was not quite warm, so I was a little slow and stiff. Second round went great, I may be falling in love with my own defense. Unfortunately I had to make way for someone else, it wasn't about me. Did a few more rounds on the bag, rotated and shook loose my limbs and got on the bike again.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
    Tue Oct 21

Decided not to box, so I drove the bike instead. Short route, only 18 miles, but at high pace.
    Gmaps Pedometer

Wed Oct 22

As always 10 miles back and forth to the gym. Fifteen minutes warm up. Two rounds on the bag. Got called into the ring for two rounds, they were rotating some of us to give another guy a good workout he has an important match coming up. First round I was not quite warm, so I was a little slow and stiff. Second round went great, I may be falling in love with my own defense. Unfortunately I had to make way for someone else, it wasn't about me. Did a few more rounds on the bag, rotated and shook loose my limbs and got on the bike again.
    I like doing rotations because of the variety. This one was obv. as you mentioned done to get a guy a lot of rounds prefight, but the ones I like best, we have about 6-7 guys, and just rotate until we are basically ready to fall over. It is almost a last man standing kinda deal...as far as cardio goes. Great stuff and a good measure for where you are at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We do it a lot, but most of the time there's three of us getting equal ring time. We rotate each minute. So you fight one minute against A, one against B, and then get a minute rest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thu Oct 23

Biked to and from the gym, 10 miles. About 20 minutes of jump rope and bodyweight exercises to warm up. One round shadowboxing. Three rounds on the bag. Was ordered to get my ass in the ring. Did one round with a very tall guy, he's too nice though. Chased him around for three minutes, neither of us landed anything useful except perhaps a few jabs and a glancing blow. Next did three rounds with a guy who boxed previously but has been out for a while. Wasn't too much of a challenge, but I guess it was more for him than me. He got tired so I was given a fresh one. The fat man from monday, goddamned. He tried loading up again with open handed punches behind the head, man I hate Sam Peter more and more. Kept it in the distance mostly, but closed the gap every now and then to confuse him. Landed some punches but kept back a little, I don't want to end up in a slugging match with a 210 pound fat man. He was send out after a round though, guess my trainer didn't like it very much either. After that did three rounds to a guy also less good, so again held back but I got my workout. After sparring I got back to the group, they were just finishing with the punch out drills. Cooled down, biked home.

Days like this make me look back at being new to the sport myself. I never thought I'd be at this level. I'm so calm in the ring it's almost scary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fri Oct 24

Went to the swimming pool. Low pace, I just wanted to loosen up a bit.

Sat Oct 25

Biked to the gym, only to find out it was closed. Biked back home and could not be arsed to go for a run. 10 mile bike ride, that's all.
    Gmaps Pedometer

Sun Oct 26

Short run, 4 mile, followed by a short bike ride, 10 mile.
    Gmaps Pedometer
    Gmaps Pedometer

Mon Oct 27
    Biked 5 mile to the gym. Half an hour warmup. About 10 rounds on the bag. Cooled down. Biked 5 miles back home. No sparring unfortunately.
    Gmaps Pedometer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tue Oct 28

We did a circuit training today, I'm not to fond of them. They may be good, but I find them very boring. I was hoping to get a few rounds of sparring in it's been a while. It lasted about an hour, plus half an hour warming up and cooling down. Biked back and forth of course, 10 miles.
    Gmaps Pedometer

Again no sparring

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

here's a little encouragement.
    "...went 12 rounds with Ali, and never took a backwards step."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Forgot all about updating this log

I'll try to keep it up from now on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fri Nov 7
    Went for a swim, about two hours. Absolute shit intensity, just loosening up.

Sun Nov 9
    Run, 3.5 miles followed by a 10 bike ride.
    Gmaps Pedometer
    Gmaps Pedometer

Mon nov 10
    Run, 3.5 miles
    Gmaps Pedometer

Tue Nov 11
    Run, 3.5 miles
    Gmaps Pedometer

Wed Nov 12
    Biked to and from gym, 2 x 5 miles. Today was a gruesome conditioning drill. It lasted about 20 minutes I think, without any breaks. First we did some bag work, I think about 4 or 5 rounds. The drill contained lots of jumping, some bag work, pushups, ab work, everything you can imagine. At one point the trainer said this is the last round, give it all you got, so we all did. When the round was over he said I lied we're not stopping and he went on for about two more rounds. I love shit like that
    Gmaps Pedometer

Thread Information