Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default peter v tua?

samuel peter v tua now who wins and why? Both are massive hitters and are both my personal favourites in the heavies. Peters chin has never been tested so it could be an early night for him. What do you guys think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: peter v tua?

Quote Originally Posted by Hodge_05
    both my personal favourites in the heavies
    When I'm in a good mood I give a for anything I agree with. And yes Tua and Peter are my heavyweight favs too. So here.

Anyway what separates them is that Tua has a rock solid chin, and Peter has an untested chin. I do actually think Peter will turn out to be able to take a solid punch, but we'll see.

Also now Tua isn't quite what he was pre-Ike, but with Peter's defense he'll be able to land. Of course with Tua's defense Peter will be able to land.

So I don't know.

El Kabong Guest

Well I will say together they could put All You Can Eat Buffets out of business....as a fight, eh you guys are setting expectations for Sammy WAAAAAAAAAY too high, you want him to be Ike Ibeabuchi and he's not, he doesn't have the punch output or the handspeed and even Ike gets overrated because of his fights with Byrd and Tua

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    Well I will say together they could put All You Can Eat Buffets out of business....as a fight, eh you guys are setting expectations for Sammy WAAAAAAAAAY too high, you want him to be Ike Ibeabuchi and he's not, he doesn't have the punch output or the handspeed and even Ike gets overrated because of his fights with Byrd and Tua
    You may be right.

The thing about Tua is he's coming off the layoff and as much as I like him he has been, quite frankly, WAY too beatable in the past few years. He's nothing like he once was and that's why I give Peter such a chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by -Wise Guy-
    both my personal favourites in the heavies
    When I'm in a good mood I give a for anything I agree with. And yes Tua and Peter are my heavyweight favs too. So here.

Anyway what separates them is that Tua has a rock solid chin, and Peter has an untested chin. I do actually think Peter will turn out to be able to take a solid punch, but we'll see.

Also now Tua isn't quite what he was pre-Ike, but with Peter's defense he'll be able to land. Of course with Tua's defense Peter will be able to land.

So I don't know.
    Right back at you matey   click. I would absolutely love this fight to happen. I do agree tua has a solid chin and i really cant understand why he hasnt gone for the big boys in the division he could really make some noise. As you say wise guy they both will easily be able to land with there poor defenses, so this could be a test to see who has the most power. Personally i feel tua would win at the moment, but i love the both of them. I think tua is more powerful than peter and that, his power would be the deciding factor in the fight.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Honestly now I'd probably pick Peter cause how long has it been since Tua's even fought. Who knows what kind of shape he'd be in and who knows if he even wants it anymore. Even with that said Tua and his chin have been tested, Peter hasn't so I wouldn't be real confident picking Sam. The Tua of the Ike fight I would clearly favor over Peter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lyle i do agree people are setting peter expectations to high But i think its becasue the heavy division has got very boring (compared to how it used to be) and that when a young prospect comes along people really want him to make an impact and be the best. Peter may not be heavyweight champ anytime soon, but i have seen potential in him and i like to watch his fights. I believe he will make some sort of noise in the division, even if he could eat an all you can eat buffet out of business Â

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm confident that David Tua in his early days could have annihilated most anybody. Same goes if he would have fought Peter at that stage of his career.

But now he is older and nowhere near what he was, so it's hard to say who wins.

I still say in their primes Tua would have wiped out Tyson.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oumafan that is many peoples worry with peter, that his chin hasnt been tested and this could make or break him if you like. If he has a solid chin he will obviously go on to do things in the division but if not he will be another young prospect that made people sit up and take notice for nothing. When will his chin get tested? i hope its not against wlad

El Kabong Guest

With the way the division is today a guy like Calvin Brock has a good chance because he's not JUST a power puncher and he's not JUST a defensive fighter...Sam Peter right now is JUST a puncher and what makes champions good is if they are able to win how they would least like to for example Sam Peter at best wants 1st round KO's and at worst he wants to be able to fight hard for 12 rounds ( and especially hard in the championship rounds ) to come from behind to win.....Brock has shown he has the heart to get up and keep fighting and be successful at it

I never have been impressed with Tua either...great power but not active enough in the ring

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oumafan that is many peoples worry with peter, that his chin hasnt been tested and this could make or break him if you like. If he has a solid chin he will obviously go on to do things in the division but if not he will be another young prospect that made people sit up and take notice for nothing. When will his chin get tested? i hope its not against wlad
    If Wlad hits him and Peter is not affected, it will be enough proof of a solid chin. Wlad has a very strong punch.

I suspect Peter has a good chin, he seems like the sturdy type.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wise guy i will be VERY nervous if peter goes into that match with his chin not tested, although like you say he does look the sturdy type. Your right oh wise one if he can take wlads punches that will prove his chin.

El Kabong Guest

Peter's chin is not the main worry I have for him it's how does he handle being hit back, will it affect how many punches he throws or how accurate he is....a good chin is fine and dandy but if getting hit makes you forget your gameplan that's trouble too and can also end in KO. But yes taking Wlad's punches will reassure a lot of people, more so than taking Sinan Samil Sam's punches but that too would be a decent test

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    Peter's chin is not the main worry I have for him it's how does he handle being hit back, will it affect how many punches he throws or how accurate he is....a good chin is fine and dandy but if getting hit makes you forget your gameplan that's trouble too and can also end in KO. But yes taking Wlad's punches will reassure a lot of people, more so than taking Sinan Samil Sam's punches but that too would be a decent test
    Yeah good point, hopefully taking a punch won't take him off his gameplan.

We really hope he's not one of those guys who folds under pressure.

El Kabong Guest

it would be good for boxing if Peter turns out to be a wrecking ball of a fighter but I see some areas where he's not that good and Wlad Klitschko could take advantage, and I am a Wlad Klitschko fan and I still think he can be good for boxing if he stays on his freakin feet! Should be a great offensive fight after a couple of rounds of feeling each other out

Thread Information