Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Phuking Republicans!

I do think they are wearing the shite out of the "Maverick" label .Might distance them selves right into a puppet theater.Biden runs a slight risk of coming off as abit flip and overbearing in the Debates.......fine line in with Palin who's backers will pounce.You can see it coming.

side note,I dont care what your politics are.........but can some one tell 'Elmer' lieberman to sit down and STFU already,what a bore!!

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli surfs 'Nawlins View Post
    'Elmer' lieberman
    Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVPxi...eature=related

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now the link doesn't work for me. Can anybody else see that video? If not go here and click the first link

daily show lieberman droopy foghorn - Google Search

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by boozeboxer View Post
    To think that Palin will out-debate Biden is similar to my cheering for Baldomir against PBF. It isn't going to happen.

Biden is a heavyweight politician. He is by far the most qualified of the four (P and VP). To have picked someone like Palin whenever you are a cancer survivor/poor ass health I believe is a most unpatriotic move (pure politics).
    bro you are giving Biden WAAAAAY too much credit. Have you ever seen him in action. Dude says the sky is blue one minute then he tells you its yellow the next. I have never seen anyone quite like him. It baffles me that he keeps getting reelected.
    As far as heavyweight....maybe if the heavy's weighed a buck o' five. Dude has been wrong on everything as far back as I can remember. He is one of my five least favorite politicians.

my least favorite is Gil Cedeno state legislator in my great state of California.
    ORIGINAL MEMBER OF THE DREADED AND MUCH FEARED CIRCLE OF TRUST (CoT)Hidden Content
    Inventor of Who Are You

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had a mad moment. Post erased.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Dog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by boozeboxer View Post
    To think that Palin will out-debate Biden is similar to my cheering for Baldomir against PBF. It isn't going to happen.

Biden is a heavyweight politician. He is by far the most qualified of the four (P and VP). To have picked someone like Palin whenever you are a cancer survivor/poor ass health I believe is a most unpatriotic move (pure politics).
    bro you are giving Biden WAAAAAY too much credit. Have you ever seen him in action. Dude says the sky is blue one minute then he tells you its yellow the next. I have never seen anyone quite like him. It baffles me that he keeps getting reelected.
    As far as heavyweight....maybe if the heavy's weighed a buck o' five. Dude has been wrong on everything as far back as I can remember. He is one of my five least favorite politicians.

my least favorite is Gil Cedeno state legislator in my great state of California.
    I don't think the debates will make much difference. High school juniors can learn enough in a set period to do replicas of these debates so a professional politician like Palin can be briefed adequately with enough talking points and information in the time they have before she debates. If she doesn't make a serious blunder it'll be spun as a Palin win too.

My favourite politician is James Traficant for his honest wig and his amazing dress sense, plus standing up and telling Congress that they'd all love to have the courage to wear bell bottoms to work too. I'd vote for this guy anytime.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lehman Brothers is one of the top few investment banks in the world. Today their shares lost 40% of their value, the kind of drop we saw happen to Bear Stearns before they were bailed out by the Fed. Wall Street firms like Bear and Lehman don't add value to the economy, they just charge fees to manage money and help investors and corporations do business.

If and when Lehman do get bailed out it's going to mean the printing of huge quantities of dollars to add on to the huge quantitiy of dollars the Fed has already printed in the seven bailouts it's Ok'd since the current crisis started. Every US taxpayer is going to pay for these bailouts, but in real yerms (and disproportionately compared to the wealthy) the prudent will pay for this, and not in some future taxes to pay for the debt (they'll pay those too) but via inflation as the number of dollars printed continues to increase. The unstated message of all these bailouts is that you're now prudent at your own risk if you don't buy into each bubble that comes along you're going to see the value of your savings and assets slashed and burnt.

If the media were doing their job they'd be all over this story as there's nothing more important to Americans (or the way they vote)than the economy. Instead they're asking does Obama really love America ans scaring Americans over nonexistent threats like Iran. These bailouts are going to cost working families thousands over the next decade via inflation and new debt but the whole issue is ignored by the media. It's like watching Pravda cover the old Soviet Union.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Politics have began to bore me severely, this whole election has began to run on fumes. I will say though that I do believe Obama has the right ideas and I think he handles himself just fine without a teleprompter, he may not be articulate at times but the points he makes are usually good. Uhh, what else. Oh yeah, the pick of Palin was a complete joke though Spicoli nailed it with the schoolteacher thing, but that was a desperation pick no doubt and that executive experience card is a joke. She was the mayor of a small town and governor of one of the richest states in the union with 600 thousand people. Gavin Newsom has executive power over 4 times as many people as the mayor of San Francisco. That executive experience card is complete shit. And she's a wack job anyways, Rush Limbaugh with lipstick essentially. I think sex with Palin would be more satisfying, though I think Bilbo would actually prefer Rush Limbaugh in lipstick. Or maybe his feet would be to big for the high heels

But yeah, this whole thing has gotten very boring, very boring. Obama did vote for the FISA bill, that's fairly inexplicable I don't know wtf he was thinking there as that is a terrible terrible intrusion on our rights, but that kind of defeats your theory of Obama not wanting to anger the left Lyle as that was one of the more divisive bills out there.

I just hope McCain doesn't win. I think it's funny he's running on change now, hah, some change.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just dont know how anybody could vote repulican. Its an anti human, dead eyed type of person that does that. Two of the most awful terms in American history and McCain is just the front for a perpetuation of the same old crap. If the election is even close then that will be quite sad.

Obama is clearly the best choice and its a little more human and lively eyed than the god awful alternative.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    I just dont know how anybody could vote repulican. Its an anti human, dead eyed type of person that does that. Two of the most awful terms in American history and McCain is just the front for a perpetuation of the same old crap. If the election is even close then that will be quite sad.

Obama is clearly the best choice and its a little more human and lively eyed than the god awful alternative.
    Thats what I dont get about why its even close,McCain proudly proclaimed he's voted with Bush 90% of the time,he was one of the disgraced Keating 5,he cheated on his first wife with his socialite second wife, and nobody can name a single thing this current administration has so much as looked at it didnt break.
    Have people lost their minds?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now they have an Sarah Palin Action Figure ahhh the Irony

Are we having a "American Idol" moment in this country

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli surfs 'Nawlins View Post
    Now they have an Sarah Palin Action Figure ahhh the Irony

Are we having a "American Idol" moment in this country
    Moment? More like decade...

SigmaMu Guest

I liked McCain, I even respected McCain but in the last 24 hours they have been doing some very nasty negative campaigning which does nothing for his credibility. Not only are the campaigns negative, they are bold faced lies! Take the latest ad that claims Obama is in favor of teaching children sex education That is not true. Obama was in favor of teaching children about inappropriate touching as in good touch bad touch, which in my opinion is a sound good idea which could prevent pedophiles from continuing to abuse their tiny victims for years on end. If children were taught to report such things, kids would be safer.

The other ad says that Obama called Sarah Palin a pig. That is another lie. Obama was was not talking about Palin nor did he ever even mention her name when he made that statement.

The republican party has nothing to run on but fear tactics, lies and more lies. If they are willing to lie to us before they even get into the white house, should we expect them to be any more truthful once they have been elected? I think not.
    Last edited by SigmaMu; 09-10-2008 at 11:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G View Post

I liked McCain, I even respected McCain but in the last 24 hours they have been doing some very nasty negative campaigning which does nothing for his credibility. Not only are the campaigns negative, they are bold faced lies! Take the latest ad that claims Obama is in favor of teaching children sex education That is not true. Obama was in favor of teaching children about inappropriate touching as in good touch bad touch, which in my opinion is a sound good idea which could prevent pedophiles from continuing to abuse their tiny victims for years on end. If children were taught to report such things, kids would be safer.

The other ad says that Obama called Sarah Palin a pig. That is another lie. Obama was was not talking about Palin nor did he ever even mention her name when he made that statement.

The republican party has nothing to run on but fear tactics, lies and more lies. If they are willing to lie to us before they even get into the white house, should we expect them to be any more truthful once they have been elected? I think not.
    It's worrying that this tactic seems to be working, they're grabbing the instant headlines while the fact that MCcain used the exact same pig comment last year is buried some time later. Laing is bang on when he talks about this farce and that there is no substance to the media coverage.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WASHINGTON - The White House said Wednesday that the failure to capture Osama bin Laden in the seven years since the Sept. 11 attacks shows the limitations of military and intelligence power.

"This is not the movies. We don't have super powers," said White House press secretary Dana Perino.

Associated Press
    Today

“I’m not going to telegraph a lot of the things that I’m going to do because then it might compromise our ability to do so. But, look, I know the area, I have been there, I know wars, I know how to win wars, and I know how to improve our capabilities so that we will capture Osama bin Laden — or put it this way, bring him to justice…We will do it, I know how to do it.

John McCain
    July 27th, 2008

John Sidney McCain III is known among many of his Vietnam flight buddies as "Ace" McCain. This title has not been bestowed upon McCain because he destroyed five enemy aircraft. On the contrary: It was five on our side -- in fact, five of his own. Since throwing his hat into the presidential ring, the fact that McCain was graduated from the U.S. Naval Academy nearly at the bottom of his class has been publicized. His star-crossed flying, on the other hand, remains unknown to most.

It wasn't long after arriving in Pensacola that McCain racked up the first of his five crashes, beginning in 1958, on his way to becoming a "reverse ace." As told by Timberg, "McCain was practicing landings; his engine quit and he plunged into Corpus Christi Bay. Knocked unconscious by the impact, he came to as the plane settled to the bottom."
    There was, however, no engine failure with the aircraft. According to one of McCain's former flight instructors, "The engine was removed from the aircraft that afternoon, mounted on a test stand and a new propeller installed. [It] was flushed with fresh water and started. It ran just fine. So the theory of engine failure was proven false."
    The instructor added that McCain was "positively one of the weakest students to pass our way, and received consistently poor marks and a number of Dangerous Down grades assigned by more than one instructor. He had no real ability and was clearly out of his element in an airplane, and way over his head even as a junior naval officer."
    The second of McCain's crashes occurred while he was deployed in the Mediterranean. "Flying too low over the Iberian Peninsula," reports Timberg, "he took out some power lines [reminiscent of the 1998 incident in which a Marine Corps jet sliced through the cables of a gondola at an Italian ski resort, killing 20] which led to a spate of newspaper stories in which he was predictably identified as the son of an admiral."
    Crash three occurred when McCain was returning from flying a trainer solo to Philadelphia for an Army-Navy football game. According to Timberg, McCain radioed, "I've got a flameout." He went through the standard relight procedures three times. At one thousand feet, he ejected, landing on the deserted beach moments before the plane slammed into a clump of trees."
    By 1967, McCain was ready for battle and assigned to the USS Forrestal as an A-4 Skyhawk pilot. While seated in the cockpit of his aircraft waiting for takeoff, a freak accident occurred when a rocket slammed into the exterior fuel tank of McCain's plane. Miraculously, McCain escaped from the burning aircraft, but dozens of his shipmates were killed and injured in the explosions that followed.
    McCain's final downing came just three months later when his A-4 Skyhawk was hit by antiaircraft artillery over Truc Bach Lake near Hanoi, North Vietnam. McCain spent the next five-and-a-half years as a prisoner of war and, upon return to the United States in 1973, like the other returning POWs, McCain became an instant hero. The POWs had been treated abominably, yet stood up to their torturers and were deserving of the accolades they received. But some questioned the number and types of medals bestowed upon "Ace" McCain, the son of the admiral commanding in the Pacific as well as the grandson of another admiral.
    "McCain had roughly 20 hours in combat," explains Bill Bell, a veteran of Vietnam and chief of the U.S. Office for POW/MIA Affairs -- the first official U.S. representative in Vietnam since the 1973 fall of Saigon. "Since McCain got 28 medals," Bell continues, "that equals out to about a medal-and-a-half for each hour he spent in combat. There were infantry guys -- grunts on the ground -- who had more than 7,000 hours in combat and I can tell you that there were times and situations where I'm sure a prison cell would have looked pretty good to them by comparison. The question really is how many guys got that number of medals for not being shot down."
    "John McCain," says another Navy pilot and acquaintance of that era, "was the kind of guy you wanted to room with -- not fly with. He was reckless, and that's critical when you start thinking about who's going to be the president," The old pilot laughs, and then continues: "But the Navy accident rate was cut in half the day John McCain was shot down."

On a more serious note, however, there has been no discussion of what actions were or were not taken in dealing with McCain after each of the aircraft losses. Neither McCain's senatorial nor campaign offices returned Insight's calls on these matters. But a Navy insider notes that "after every such incident an inquiry is conducted to conclude the cause of the crash. If it were anyone other than the admiral's son, his wings would have been pulled. But that's where that kind of father comes in handy."

Associated Press
    March 20, 2000
    Last edited by Kirkland Laing; 09-10-2008 at 11:57 PM.

Thread Information