1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: ~ NFL Thread ~

Quote Originally Posted by PRIDE OF BOSTON View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kingfrnk View Post
    damn jets took an ass whoppin, bret aint makin it to the playoffs this year he souldve stayed with the packers.
    The Jets will go 8-8... I see nothing more than the... I have just dont see um doing more then that... Like Brett. He was a good pick-up. They have tools but I just don't see it.
    Jets are a work in progress. This year is just supposed to show what they can potentially do. They should be able to do it within the next two seasons. The question is, will Favre be able to play for that much longer. If not, Jets need to look for that franchise QB..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Man the Chargers impressed me tonight, but then again they were playing the Jets. I agree with you POB I dont' see the Jets winning more that 8 or 9 games max. But then again anything can happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

y is everybody over lookin the ravens i think they might make the playoffs this year along with the titans and bills.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

y is everybody over lookin the ravens i think they might make the playoffs this year along with the titans and bills.
    Gotta agree with you there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree also man. The Ravens D is sick they always seem to have really good D.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have to admit, my little pick of the Bills (which I expect to be repped further for, Wadeb) had me a little nervous when they were stifled by the Raiders even with a very good Raiders defense. When Higgins scored that touchdown on that slant, Buffalo had all the momentum going their way had a sack earlier and the crowd was rawkus and then that quieted them I honestly thought they were done there. Then Trent Edwards turned into Steve Young. Really, he has a lot of Steve Young like qualities, he doesn't make many mistakes, keeps his eyes down feild, improvises but not to much and he recognizes the hot reciever. I always liked Losman and still think a lot of teams could build around him but Trent is the man especially in clutch. Oakland Tech Marshawn Lynch is a beast, one of my favorite players in the NFL and not just because of my Bay Area bias.

Speaking of Bay Area bias, how funny is this situation the Raiders are in? What's even more funny is that it has blown up in there face as Kiffin has come out looking like a guy who deserves to be a head coach in the NFL and not just an Al Davis whipping boy like most thought when he was first brought in. Al introduced him as Lance Kiffin repeatedly when he joined the team and Kiffin didn't say anything, I remember the press out here was all over that. But he has some teeth meanwhile Al Davis' brain trust Herrera or whatever looks like a complete idiot right about now. That's Al's right hand man, ha.

OK, it was only a matter of time, how bout the 9ers? I know I know, they have the Saints which is why I remain cautious. Last year they were 2-0 but got a reality check against the Steelers in a game they got trounced in and that game pretty much defined their season. This is another gut check versus New Orleans and then the Patriots, Giants and Eagles. Murderers row essentially and wierd how the least potent offense of that bunch might be the ones who had the best offense in the history of history last year.

But they are so much better then they were last year. Losing Shawntae Spencer for the year was a big blow but nothing compared to the blow they got losing Manny Lawson last year. And JT Osullivan can play, it's pretty obvious he is going to be a very, very good quarterback in the league this year and I imagine will garner some Warner-like pro bowl notoriety. Really, he is griseled beyond his years. Whether they go 4-0 or 0-4 in this stretch, O'Sullivan is going to prove he's the guy for the job because it's simple, he is. I dare to say he's the best quarterback in the best system we've had since Steve Young retired and Mariucci was running that Pac 10 west coast/stretch the field offense. That's pretty big because Garcia was pretty successful here even when he was throwing screen passes to Garrisson Hearst and Kevan Barlow every other down.

It's a good team and Gore is Gore again now that we have competence back in the playcalling and defenses can't get by putting 10 in the box every time. Vernon Davis is a bit disappointing in the passing game because he has all the attributes to be such a weapon but he is one hell of a blocker and I think that's why it's unfair that he's recieving some harsh treatment from the fans. Any guy who gets in there and blocks is much more of a weapon then say a guy like Jeremy Shockey who is a terrible blocker but catches a few balls now and again.

And how bout that old ass Isaac Bruce?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    I have to admit, my little pick of the Bills (which I expect to be repped further for, Wadeb) had me a little nervous when they were stifled by the Raiders even with a very good Raiders defense. When Higgins scored that touchdown on that slant, Buffalo had all the momentum going their way had a sack earlier and the crowd was rawkus and then that quieted them I honestly thought they were done there. Then Trent Edwards turned into Steve Young. Really, he has a lot of Steve Young like qualities, he doesn't make many mistakes, keeps his eyes down feild, improvises but not to much and he recognizes the hot reciever. I always liked Losman and still think a lot of teams could build around him but Trent is the man especially in clutch. Oakland Tech Marshawn Lynch is a beast, one of my favorite players in the NFL and not just because of my Bay Area bias.

Speaking of Bay Area bias, how funny is this situation the Raiders are in? What's even more funny is that it has blown up in there face as Kiffin has come out looking like a guy who deserves to be a head coach in the NFL and not just an Al Davis whipping boy like most thought when he was first brought in. Al introduced him as Lance Kiffin repeatedly when he joined the team and Kiffin didn't say anything, I remember the press out here was all over that. But he has some teeth meanwhile Al Davis' brain trust Herrera or whatever looks like a complete idiot right about now. That's Al's right hand man, ha.

OK, it was only a matter of time, how bout the 9ers? I know I know, they have the Saints which is why I remain cautious. Last year they were 2-0 but got a reality check against the Steelers in a game they got trounced in and that game pretty much defined their season. This is another gut check versus New Orleans and then the Patriots, Giants and Eagles. Murderers row essentially and wierd how the least potent offense of that bunch might be the ones who had the best offense in the history of history last year.

But they are so much better then they were last year. Losing Shawntae Spencer for the year was a big blow but nothing compared to the blow they got losing Manny Lawson last year. And JT Osullivan can play, it's pretty obvious he is going to be a very, very good quarterback in the league this year and I imagine will garner some Warner-like pro bowl notoriety. Really, he is griseled beyond his years. Whether they go 4-0 or 0-4 in this stretch, O'Sullivan is going to prove he's the guy for the job because it's simple, he is. I dare to say he's the best quarterback in the best system we've had since Steve Young retired and Mariucci was running that Pac 10 west coast/stretch the field offense. That's pretty big because Garcia was pretty successful here even when he was throwing screen passes to Garrisson Hearst and Kevan Barlow every other down.

It's a good team and Gore is Gore again now that we have competence back in the playcalling and defenses can't get by putting 10 in the box every time. Vernon Davis is a bit disappointing in the passing game because he has all the attributes to be such a weapon but he is one hell of a blocker and I think that's why it's unfair that he's recieving some harsh treatment from the fans. Any guy who gets in there and blocks is much more of a weapon then say a guy like Jeremy Shockey who is a terrible blocker but catches a few balls now and again.

And how bout that old ass Isaac Bruce?
    I repped you bro. Man I was nervous as heck in the 4th quarter the Bills of this year are a changed team they would of choked in previous years.
    I agree with you Amat Trent is really stepping up this year, I think we found our new Franchise QB for years to come.
    I wouldn't be surprised if JP went to the vikings next year. I know he wants out of Buffalo because he wants to be a starter somewhere. Marshawn is probaby my favorite Buffalo Bill also the guy is a beast.
    With Roscoe Parrish out for 4-6 weeks our reciever core is gonna be hurt and he plays a big part in our special teams. I"m hoping someone can step up and fill his role while he's out. I'm hoping after this Sunday we take care of business in St. Louis.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Roscoe out 4-6 weeks is tough, I hadn't heard that yet as he was the guy in those final 2 drives. To bad.

Don't worry about St. Louis though. You may be a little worried because you think the Raiders are a terrible team and if you only beat them by a little then what does that mean, I've heard that a few times before on ESPN. But the Raiders aren't as bad of a team as many think they are. They have one of the better defenses in the whole league and they appear to have at least a halfway decent offense with a lot of young talent, they are going to win some games this year they've been due for quite a while.

The Rams are on a whole different level of bad. It's kind of sad to see them so bad actually, like ridiculously bad. That does suck about Roscoe though.

It's wierd, every year I think that I don't want football to come and that it gets way to much media attention blah blah blah but then it comes and eats me up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Roscoe out 4-6 weeks is tough, I hadn't heard that yet as he was the guy in those final 2 drives. To bad.

Don't worry about St. Louis though. You may be a little worried because you think the Raiders are a terrible team and if you only beat them by a little then what does that mean, I've heard that a few times before on ESPN. But the Raiders aren't as bad of a team as many think they are. They have one of the better defenses in the whole league and they appear to have at least a halfway decent offense with a lot of young talent, they are going to win some games this year they've been due for quite a while.

The Rams are on a whole different level of bad. It's kind of sad to see them so bad actually, like ridiculously bad. That does suck about Roscoe though.

It's wierd, every year I think that I don't want football to come and that it gets way to much media attention blah blah blah but then it comes and eats me up.
    Yeah I'm hoping James Hardy our second round pick this year can step it up and really take the pressure off Lee Evans. If he does it will really make the whole Parrish being out situation allot easier to handle . I mean Hardy is 6'6 there isn't to many corners in the league that is going to be able to out jump him for a ball plus with him being that tall the double coverage that Evans normally gets might loosen up a little. Now I just hope someone can step up in the Special Teams area I think Leodis Mckelvin will probably take most of the punt returns and he's fast as hell man so I'm hoping he does well.

I knew the raiders were going to be tougher then it looked like on paper. I know they went out and spent allot of money on players in the off season. Plus with the addition of Mcfadden who I can possibly see being one of the leagues elite backs in the future.
    I'm just happy we got through that one and with a come back win you know what that does for a young QB's confidence oh man I only think we just started to see what Trent Edwards can do. The kid has a fast release plus he's super smart.
    Being a Bills fan I have been waiting for us to have a good QB since Jim Kelly retired I think we finally found him.
    I was watching Jim Rome yesterday and he was talking about the Bills he something along the lines of "I'm calling it right now 3 games into the season B-lo is making the playoff for the first time in 9 season" I thought that was pretty cool I hope he's right.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So Doug Flutie and Rob Johnson didn't get it done for you?

I was living in Kentucky at that time rooting halfway for the Titans and I think the year of that contraversy (which thinking back is one of the more bitter qb battles in recent memory) and I think that's the year the Music City Miracle happened. Must of sucked from Buffalo's end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey View Post

OK Trainer Monkey the Dolphins will have a better record then the Pats this year...
    Who knows,your stuck with Matt Cassell
    You're stuck with.... the Dolphins
    Different year,different team,Ireland and Parcells rebuilt the team from the ground up
    We have a new
    NT
    3 Oline Positions
    Starting WR's
    QB
    FB
    Actually the list goes on forever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So Doug Flutie and Rob Johnson didn't get it done for you?

I was living in Kentucky at that time rooting halfway for the Titans and I think the year of that contraversy (which thinking back is one of the more bitter qb battles in recent memory) and I think that's the year the Music City Miracle happened. Must of sucked from Buffalo's end.
    I remember that QB contraversy very well. Doug Flutie was good but he was kind of older when he got to Buffalo plus he kind of got the short end of the stick from the Bills. I thought Rob Johnson was way over rated and was never consistent, I never really liked him at all to be honest.
    Man that Music city miracle was crazy I don't think I had ever been so happy during a game and the in a split second later been so mad/sad. God that was awful it gets my blood boiling just thinking about that damn call.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I got to listen to it on the radi. Maybe the greatest play in playoff history and I had to go somewhere with like 3 minutes left in the game. Damn.

So the TO Catch from Steve Young is still probably my favorite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wish someone would fire Scott Linehan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can someone tell me why Matt Millen is so popular, there are plenty of GM's in the league that need to be fired, I can't even name another GM in the league but for some reason I keep hearing Matt Millens name

Thread Information