Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team Ruiz claims corruption! / Valuev Camp: Ruiz a sore loser!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Team Ruiz claims corruption! / Valuev Camp: Ruiz a sore loser!

Two-time World Boxing Association heavyweight champion John "The Quietman" Ruiz, his advisor/attorney Tony Cardinale and head trainer Manny Siaca, Sr., have issued a statement claiming that they plan to petition the WBA to rule Ruiz' loss to Nikolai Valuev a no-contest and strip Valuev of the WBA title. Accoring to Team Ruiz, throughout the fight Valuev's cornermen received judges' scoring results as the rounds went on. Other allegations include 1) Judge Takeshi Shimakawa improperly kept a running score during the fight, which is prohibited by the WBA, 2) Ruiz was not credited with a knockdown in the second round (which was ruled a slip), 3) Judge Antonio Requena scored two rounds even, despite WBA instructions that there should be no even rounds scored in championship bouts. Team Ruiz is also demanding a full videotape of Valuev-Ruiz II to further review for evidence of alleged corrupt practices. "The WBA needs to resolve this matter as quickly as possible," Ruiz said. "Non-officials are not allowed to handle or read scorecards during the fight. Valuev should be stripped and a rematch ordered."

source: fightnews.com

Any thoughts ?!?
    Last edited by JohnnyKickAss; 09-09-2008 at 05:14 PM.

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Team Ruiz claims corruption !!!!!

Beats,"I was drugged" I suppose
    I dont like Valuev as a fighter, but Ruiz should just take his lumps and deal with it

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Damn Ruiz should be called the Plaintif rather than the quiet man. Thought it was supicious that Ruiz has the only cornermen in the world who wear suits and hold a filofax, phone and pen rather than a bucket, sponge and towel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if its true then that sucks for the giant

and if rulesare rules then there shouldnt be any evenrounds....
    mind over speed and power

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Forget the rules there should be a law against Ruiz fighting ever again. He is so limited and so lucky. He announced his retirement after the Toney fight but got a reprieve. How long can he hang around, someone please knock him out.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Forget the rules there should be a law against Ruiz fighting ever again. He is so limited and so lucky. He announced his retirement after the Toney fight but got a reprieve. How long can he hang around, someone please knock him out.

Yeah...let him fight Tua again...

Hidden Content

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wonder how long before Ruiz sues someone for beating him and ruining his career?

I imagine he tried to get David Tua sent down for assualt and battery at least, and probably wanted him to be tried for attempted murder.

Let's just relive the great moment here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKDvk...eature=related

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    I wonder how long before Ruiz sues someone for beating him and ruining his career?

I imagine he tried to get David Tua sent down for assualt and battery at least, and probably wanted him to be tried for attempted murder.

My god I wish this fight were set-up again. Note to all fighter's someone knock this F**KING clown out already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

spose theres only one solution. VALUEV-RUIZ III!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

come on you know you want it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

Well he's not that quiet of a man,Im sure his head made a noise when it hit the canvas

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I always have taken up for Ruiz. I think he should be a model for boxers everywhere in that if you work hard, are in a pathetically weak division, and have ABC belt connections: you can be a successful fighter.

I really do admire him for doing so much with the skills that he possesses. He is also the first hispanic HW champ I believe.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Team Ruiz claims corruption! / Valuev Camp: Ruiz a sore loser!

Team Sauerland has dismissed John Ruiz´ protest against the outcome of his WBA heavyweight title fight versus Nikolai Valuev, branding Ruiz' accusations as “ridiculous and an affront to the WBA.”
    According to Team Sauerland, it's not the first time the former heavyweight champion and his team have acted as sore losers, citing an incident after the December 2005 Valuev-Ruiz fight, when his then-coach stole the belt from Valuev after the official verdict was announced. (This time) instead of taking the law in their own hand again, Team Ruiz decided to protest the outcome of last month´s fight, which Valuev clearly won on points (116-111, 116-113 and 114-113). The Ruiz camp wants Valuev to be stripped of his belt and a rematch ordered.
    “That is absolutely ridiculous,” Sauerland Event managing director Chris Meyer said. “His accusations are without any substance. They are an affront to the WBA and their officials. Everybody saw that Nikolai clearly won the fight.”
    Ruiz accuses judge Takeshi Shimakawa of keeping a running score, while blaming Antonio Requena for scoring two rounds even. He also criticised the referee for ruling a slip rather than a knockdown when Valuev's knee touched the canvas in the second round. “Not even in his wildest dreams could Ruiz knock Valuev down,” Meyer said. “The TV pictures clearly show that Nikolai slipped. After the 24 rounds the two have been in the ring, there can be no doubt that Ruiz could not knock Valuev down even if he had his arms handcuffed to his back.”
    Ruiz also claims that Valuev´s corner received updates of the scoring during the fight. “This accusation is untrue, too,” Meyer added. “WBA supervisor Robert Mack has already made that clear.”
    It was Mack who had immediately sorted out the confusion about the verdict, which had accidentally been announced as a split decision rather than an unanimous points victory for Valuev. Mack apologised for the mistake at the official press conference. “Nikolai will have nothing to fear from the WBA,” Meyer added. “But it really is a shame that Ruiz acts as a sore loser yet again.”
    For the international media, the outcome of the fight was clear. The Daily Telegraph wrote: “On closer examination of the 12 rounds, Valuev will clearly be seen to have dominated Ruiz with his jab, and 84 inch reach, allied with having the greater skills he showed when he outpointed former titleholder Sergei Liakhovich, from Belarus, winning every round in a February 2008 title eliminator at the Nuremberg Arena.” Bild, Germany´s biggest-selling tabloid, reported: “Gigantic win for Russian Giant. All in all it was a sovereign victory.”

source fightnews.com

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It wasnt even that close a fight. Valuev won that handily.

I dont see any controversy in the decision.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is one time that if he was cheated..........good. I hope dawson beats or cheats tarvers ass too while we're talking about boxers i dislike.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

....ok ok i half-heartedly take it back, i guess no matter how much i dislike the guy after all the hard work and punishment these guys do take even ruiz doesn't deserve to be cheated if that were the case......gggrrrrrrrr it pains me to say that.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Thread Information