Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default A large explosion

This summer in Toronto, a propane depot caught fire. The resulting explosions were quite spectacular. Hr's a video, there are plenty more on Youtube. The big bang comes at 1:50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV5udSWJcZo

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: A large explosion

Shame it didn't take out the whole city...

(just kidding all you Torontonians)
    Last edited by CFH; 09-20-2008 at 12:10 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post

I see you did an edit to add the just kidding remark. If you hadn't done that, I was going to say how we all know how jealous you west coasters are of us here.

p.s. I grew up in BC, and I know all about western discontent. cheers.

p.s.s. your original comment about taking out the whole city was actually pretty funny.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CGM View Post

I see you did an edit to add the just kidding remark. If you hadn't done that, I was going to say how we all know how jealous you west coasters are of us here.

p.s.s. your original comment about taking out the whole city was actually pretty funny.
    I was just kidding around, but I figured non-Canadians wouldn't get the joke, so I added the disclaimer. I really do detest all (well, most) things Toronto though.

We're not jealous, we just hate you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was just kidding around, but I figured non-Canadians wouldn't get the joke, so I added the disclaimer. I really do detest all (well, most) things Toronto though.

Heh Heh, where abouts in BC are you? I grew up in Coquitlam, then lived further out in the Fraser Valley (Haney) after finishing high school. Came out here after University to make some money, but BC will always be where the heart is, will return some day.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Heh Heh, where abouts in BC are you? I grew up in Coquitlam, then lived further out in the Fraser Valley (Haney) after finishing high school. Came out here after University to make some money, but BC will always be where the heart is, will return some day.
    I live in Victoria, though I'm actually thinking of moving to the Maritimes after I'm done University. I'd love to do grad work in Newfoundland.

You a Canucks fan?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I live in Victoria, though I'm actually thinking of moving to the Maritimes after I'm done University. I'd love to do grad work in Newfoundland.

You a Canucks fan?
    Yeah after 20 years in T.O. I have zero allegiance to the Maple Leafs, Vancouver is still my team in the playoffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You a Canucks fan?
    You poor soul!hehe

Actually it is not too bad. Nova Scotia is cool, the rest well are OK I guess!LOL

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You a Canucks fan?
    Yeah after 20 years in T.O. I have zero allegiance to the Maple Leafs, Vancouver is still my team in the playoffs.
    Unfortunately, I don't think they'll make the playoffs this year. I really think they need to do what the Leafs are doing and completely rebuild instead of staying mired in mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Deanrw View Post

You a Canucks fan?
    You poor soul!hehe

Actually it is not too bad. Nova Scotia is cool, the rest well are OK I guess!LOL
    I loved PEI when I was there. I really want to check out Newfoundland. I love stormy, wet weather, maybe that's why it has such an appeal for me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You a Canucks fan?
    Unfortunately, I don't think they'll make the playoffs this year. I really think they need to do what the Leafs are doing and completely rebuild instead of staying mired in mediocrity.

You a Canucks fan?
    You poor soul!hehe

I loved PEI when I was there. I really want to check out Newfoundland. I love stormy, wet weather, maybe that's why it has such an appeal for me.
    My east coast friends tell me that a Newfie girl in heat cannot be denied, even if you try.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You poor soul!hehe

My east coast friends tell me that a Newfie girl in heat cannot be denied, even if you try.
    Hmmm, drunk and toothless IS just my type too....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You a Canucks fan?

You a Canucks fan?
    You poor soul!hehe

If if that is the case, move to Cape Breton. The west side of the island, well lets just say it will test your resolve how much you like stormy windy and wet weather.

Everything there has to be bolted down to the ground, or it will blow away. The wind gets filtered through the Mountains, funneled and compressed and gets rather extreme :-).
    Last edited by Deanrw; 10-01-2008 at 02:51 PM.

Thread Information