Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Ricardo Mayorga

I feel Ricardo Mayorga is being over looked big time against Mosley, people are discounting his chances because of his defeats to Trinidad and De La Hoya but im not sure he trained properly for either of those, taking them as paydays as he got tired very quick in each.

This may be the fight that Mosley finds out hes too old to fight hard, which Mayorga will make him do for the early rounds at the very least and with Mayorgas style and power I see him dragging mosley in to a brawl and catching him and although Mosley got the better result against Vargas, Mayorga fought hard the entire 10 rounds carrying an extra 10 lbs.

Mosley is gettting too much credit for pushing Cotto to a close decision but when you see what a limited Margarito did to him it puts it in perspective.

Heres a fun video of Mayorga dishing it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU8I-ZppiaU

In a recent interview with Mosely he said about Mayorga,

“Oscar told me that he is very heavy handed,” Mosley stated.

Heres an exerpt from an artical ive found on the fight,

A trainer I have talked to that used to train the slugger told me that despite Mayorga’s technical deficiencies he had the heaviest hands he had ever felt on the punch mitts, heavyweights included.

Ricardo Mayorga vs Shane Mosley - A Closer Look

At their espective bests, Ricardo could take Forrests power but Mosely couldnt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li0mJYvrYTU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-BFS...eature=related

Win or lose here for Mayorga im still really looking forward to this fight, im hoping Ricardo has been putting the hard training in and puts ona good showing, id love to see him fight for a title again, he is the most entertaining fighter around, still, you certainly get your moneys worth watching him fight, even if he loses he still puts up a fight every time

I still seeing him having to much fight for Shane at this point, hes not gonna give Shane the breathing space to set himself up, Shane hasnt had to deal with Mayorgas intesity for a long while and I think gets shocked early

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ricardo Mayorga

Im a huge mayorga fan. That being said i think Mosley will take this one. My boy Mayorga hasn't look good since a long time his win over vargas was decent but Mosley close loss to Cotto was far more impressive. Towards the Mayorga>Forrest>Mosley factor i don't bite into that for i belive styles make fights. Also that can easily be counter wit Mosley>Oscar>Mayorga... anyways good fight can't wait.
    Hidden Content There is no reward for second place

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ricardo is a threat to any good fighter.

But Shane Mosley is a great fighter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if u want to talk about mosley and cotto, well that was a weird fight because cotto for some reason started backing up in the late rounds, and cotto started fighting like mosley in teh late rounds and mosley started to fight like cotto..........if cotto didnt change his style up he would have won the fight with a bigger margin.....

and if mosley couldnt handle the pressure by cotto that way in the early rounds how the hell is going to handle the pressure by mayorga.

just a thought, i still think mosley is a smart fighter and mayorga is a crowd pleaser, so maybe that might be the difference but im a huge mayorga fan hes what makes boxing a it more fun to watch....LOL
    mind over speed and power

El Kabong Guest

Cotto wasn't beaten by a LIMITED fighter in Margarito...anyone who takes that kind of punishment and throws that many punches without stopping is by no means LIMITED.

Shane Mosley has a GREAT chin and I don't think Mayorga throws crisply enough to bother Shane. Ricardo throws loopy wide thudding punches and I don't see those hurting or bothering Shane as much as the quick sharp punches like the right cross of Vernon Forrest.

Mayorga hasn't seen 147 in quite some time...I think it's going to be bad for his chin IF he's able to actually make the weight. Though if Mayorga does win it may set up a fight vs Margarito which would be AWESOME!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by purtyboy View Post
    Im a huge mayorga fan. That being said i think Mosley will take this one. My boy Mayorga hasn't look good since a long time his win over vargas was decent but Mosley close loss to Cotto was far more impressive. Towards the Mayorga>Forrest>Mosley factor i don't bite into that for i belive styles make fights. Also that can easily be counter wit Mosley>Oscar>Mayorga... anyways good fight can't wait.
    Ross doesn't understand that styles make fights.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I understand that Forrest couldnt put a dent in Mayorga even being given free shots but he could Mosley and Mayorgas power could hurt Forrest but Moselys couldnt.

Either Mayorgas skills allowed him these advantages over Forrest or Mayorga will prove just too much of an animal for an old Mosley to deal with, I dont think Shane wants someone as resiliant and power full and agressive, mauling him at this point in his career especially.

Shane looks good when his opponents stand back and think, we al know Mayorga is just going to swing like fuuck, one of his over hand rights is gonna make Mosley see sense

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    I understand that Forrest couldnt put a dent in Mayorga even being given free shots but he could Mosley and Mayorgas power could hurt Forrest but Moselys couldnt.

Either Mayorgas skills allowed him these advantages over Forrest or Mayorga will prove just too much of an animal for an old Mosley to deal with, I dont think Shane wants someone as resiliant and power full and agressive, mauling him at this point in his career especially.

Shane looks good when his opponents stand back and think, we al know Mayorga is just going to swing like fuuck, one of his over hand rights is gonna make Mosley see sense
    Once again you prove how little you understand boxing.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ha ha, we'll see

Styles had nothing to do with mayorgas ability to take a shot better than Shane, or his power advantage

El Kabong Guest

At 34 years old Ricardo Mayorga is no spring chicken either. And it's been 5 years since Ricardo has made 147

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fight is at 154lbs not 147, Maoyorga just proved he can be effective at 162, he is gonna be to strong and aggressive for a less mobile Shane to cope with

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Mosley stops him in the middle rounds to be honest.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well with your logic then Oscar that got beat by Shane when he was prime and when he is older and more part time fighter he beat the crap out of Mayorga was not even close. So whats the point of you camparing the Shane and Forrest fight does not make sense dude where is the logic.

El Kabong Guest

Mayorga has not competed with a top teir fighter in a LONG time....he's been sparked out by all of them.

Mosley is still fighting and being competitive with top level competition.

At 147 or 154 Shane has the better skill and the faster hands and he's going to pick Ricardo apart

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do you actually think that Mayorga looked impressive against Vargas? Better than he did against Tito or Oscar? I just don't get your comment about him probably not training for those bigger fights. Fact is he hasn't done anything or looked world class since he left 147, and his showing against Vargas was probably the worst form of Mayorga to ever enter the ring, he looked slow and tired and only won because Vargas was so ridicously past it he couldn't even make 160. That fight was at a catch weight of 166 I'm pretty sure also.

Thread Information