Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: where you want to be in 5 years?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default where you want to be in 5 years?

Apart from this being the most fucked up useless question any employer can ask a potential employee in a job interview, it's probably one of the most important questions one can ask themselves if they want to make something of their life and achieve it...

I'll start...

Apart from wanting to win the Lotto or something crazy like that which i'm not betting on..

In 5 years I want to be running my own small business. I currently work full time and enjoy where I am, but I want to start a office cleaning business that I can operate after my normal job's hours. I hope by this time next year I have that going. But after 5 years I hope that i'm the main office cleaning business in my area where there are literally hundreds of offices to be cleaned. So hopefully I have at least 50 clients. I want to just be a behind the scene's person as well and have the business practically running itself.
    I then want to look at starting a second business doing something else that involves a little more outlay, but with bigger rewards as well. I'm not sure what sort of business/thing that will be, but my cleaning business will give me all the skills and some spare money to get that going...
    Then after that I hope to have enough money to put down a large deposit on a house where the rent is higher than the mortgage repayments so that it gives me a bit of income as well.. And build for there getting more houses in the same manner. Only if the rent can be more than the mortgage payments.
    I also hope that around that time, I'll be able to put together maybe 1 or 2 deals a year where I can find some sort of house that I can fix up and sell quickly to make a $5000 to $10000 twice a year just from those deals...
    Obviously my business is the way I want to get to being able to buy properties.. Like they say, it takes money to make money.. And at any rate, it's next to impossible on a regular everyday wage to really be able to invest and get a good return.. So that's why I want to start a small business that doesn't take too much money to start, but it's on my shoulders, motivation and commitment on how much return I get,,, and not how much money I start with..
    I also want to have an account where i'm regularly saving just a little bit for the future each week. And by 5 years I want to have taken at least one really nice holidays overseas to some of the amazing places around the world that I want to see..
    I don't really have any goals plans in regards to relationship or family type stuff at the moment.. That can just sort of follow it's own course...
    I also want to be a lot healthier in 5 years than now. I want to be going for runs at least 4 or 5 times a week and be in a routine of eating healthy, and not smoking at all, and rarely drinking.
    And finally I also want to follow on with my reading about meditation and spirituallity, and apart from all my physical/material measurable goals, I want to be a really comfortable person in my mind.. Not volatile like I am now with letting a lot of stuff stress me out. But really working towards being very centred and strong at my core. Like just a general core happiness and contentness regardless of anything that could go on around me.....

I know everyone probably has different goals so everyone should reply to this even just for themselves... I thought of a few things above that I hadn't really thought about until now. But I realised writting them that they are as important to me as anything else i'd want to have in 5 years..

Last edited by Dizaster; 09-26-2008 at 09:50 AM.

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: where you want to be in 5 years?

I want to be totally on fire, enlightened way above the 6th dimensional level cap that allows dark energy to survive up to.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    I want to be totally on fire, enlightened way above the 6th dimensional level cap that allows dark energy to survive up to.
    At that level you should almost be able to suck anyone around you within a 10 yard radius into your enlightenment... That would be great stuff...

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Living, Its Great Love it. They tell me by then I should be a Multi Millionaire, but Im that Happy I dont give a Fuck
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im fuking with ya ..deck chair 13 Bahamas, pina colada ,18 year old blonde one side red head out front ,brunette to the left.

No, now Im really fuking with ya

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Retired!!
    Hidden Content Boot Hill, Where the Real Fights Are Fought.

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dizaster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    At that level you should almost be able to suck anyone around you within a 10 yard radius into your enlightenment... That would be great stuff...
    Good thought, true if I could get back to here materially; but I would have to make another deal to be able to do that and I've made that one once already.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In 5 years from TODAY, I want to have my own house, have my pilots license, and be making a bit more money than I am today (I DON'T wanna be living from paycheck to paycheck, just barely scraping by).

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Clubber View Post
    In 5 years from TODAY, I want to have my own house, have my pilots license, and be making a bit more money than I am today (I DON'T wanna be living from paycheck to paycheck, just barely scraping by).

How about having made out with at least one girl as well? It's only dreams it's doesn't matter if they don't seem realistic, just nice to imagine hey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Clubber View Post

How about having made out with at least one girl as well? It's only dreams it's doesn't matter if they don't seem realistic, just nice to imagine hey
    True.. Optimism is the name of the game.. I mean, I threw winning the lotto in there.. Kissing a girl has got to be at least half the odds of winning Powerball..

10 miles from Manchester, 6 miles from Bolton
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I want to be norml and capable of eating real food
    Hidden Content

If it's yellow, let it mellow... If it's brown, invite me 'round...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Retired!!

I thought being dead meant you already were retired

Me, I want to be sitting here in this chair staring at the screen like I am now.

I want to see if Clubber finally got some pussy; Bilbo's organs haven't utterly failed, Diane is still a cool momma, POB is still a prick, CFH got inked up like a Samoan and is digging up people's bones, Dizaster has a collection of Realdolls, Andre still doesn't make any sense, Miles is eating soup not made with dog meat, and Ghost is still under 1000 posts and lives in the arcade. By then I'll have roots growing out of me and into the chair and I'll look like Treeman

Also I want to be progressed enough to keep black mambas and papuan taipans in my snake collection; which will shortly be followed by my death; which I'm sure 80% on here look forward to

Also I want to have 100% of my upper body totally covered in tattoos so I can be as offensive as possible, and I'm about 60% there

And I want to be here because I figure in 5 years my mother will have finally lost the last few marbles rolling around in her head and that should be fun to see
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Retired!!

I thought being dead meant you already were retired

Me, I want to be sitting here in this chair staring at the screen like I am now.

I want to see if Clubber finally got some pussy; Bilbo's organs haven't utterly failed, Diane is still a cool momma, POB is still a prick, CFH got inked up like a Samoan and is digging up people's bones, Dizaster has a collection of Realdolls, Andre still doesn't make any sense, Miles is eating soup not made with dog meat, and Ghost is still under 1000 posts and lives in the arcade. By then I'll have roots growing out of me and into the chair and I'll look like Treeman

Also I want to be progressed enough to keep black mambas and papuan taipans in my snake collection; which will shortly be followed by my death; which I'm sure 80% on here look forward to

Also I want to have 100% of my upper body totally covered in tattoos so I can be as offensive as possible, and I'm about 60% there

And I want to be here because I figure in 5 years my mother will have finally lost the last few marbles rolling around in her head and that should be fun to see
    I should be ok, I'll make sure I live long enough to see my rivals like Amat off the site. To paraphrase Queen Bess I may have the body of a weak and feeble man but I have the sheer petty mindedness of a political correctness campaigner.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Um.

Well I probably will be in some sort of graduate school of journalism somewhere. Preferrably here in Berkley or Oregon. Of course I'm not exactly looking forward to all that shcool, but that is what I want to do so I guess that is where I want to be. Actually by that point school really won't be so bad considering I know I'm actually going to use the stuff.

That's about it really.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My only goal is to not be eating soup made with dog meat.

I will probably be living in Korea 5 years later, the main difference between then and now is that I will never work evenings ever again. You could offer me gold nuggets and I would just throw them back at your head. I will never work evenings. I have a private tutors license here and a permanent residents visa status and I will use those to my advantage. I will lance myself out to companies for testing purposes (big business here) or else stay at home and let the rich kids come to me for lessons. No more working for the man. Just will not do that again.

And maybe by then there will be the pattering of a little ones feet. Thats a scary prospect but something the Mrs really wants so that might happen. My only concern about having a child is my preoccupation with linguistic development. I might analyse the language more than accepting my kid for what it is. Nah, just kidding there. Though linguistics is my thing.

Ive inherited a significant amount of land in the countryside so if it all goes pear shaped Ive always got the option to just retreat, and ultimately thats what I will do. Probably not in 5 years, but you never know when the armies might need to withdraw.

Thread Information