Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who Has Seen Junior Jones vs MAB 2 ?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who Has Seen Junior Jones vs MAB 2 ?

The Jones vs Mckinney was a funny fight in the 4th when jones was leaning through the ropes didn't have a clue what he was doing then at the finish when he just stumbles across the ring and falls flat dint half tickle me. He was meant to fight Naz after this fight it was on the undercard of Hamed vs Kelley it was a good exciting night at the Garden that. He was a good little fighter but with a weak chin i was really shocked when he beat Barrera 1st time it was a funny time in boxing Barrera getting beat by Jones Tyson getting beat by Holyfield and Kostya getting beat by Vince Phillips.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    "Poison" was on one for those 2 fights... He def. beat MAB both times.
    I don't think I've ever read anyone say MAB deserved the nod.
    Not even hardcore MAB fans.
    The fight was def. close as far as points spread goes but from an eyes point of view it was clear "Poison" had beat him.
    I've read it and no it wasn't me who wrote it.

Close fight, thought MAB should have been more active even though he pressed the fight. I didn't see him being wary of being hit (as it was mentioned before he took those right hands from jones and didn't flinch) but more looking for a big shot rather than letting his punches go.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    "Poison" was on one for those 2 fights... He def. beat MAB both times.
    I don't think I've ever read anyone say MAB deserved the nod.
    Not even hardcore MAB fans.
    The fight was def. close as far as points spread goes but from an eyes point of view it was clear "Poison" had beat him.

A must see "Poison" fight is the rematch with John Michael Johnson. You often here about the McKinney and Ingle fight.
    But the John M. Johnson rematch was fucken sweet. A fight that's entertaining from begining to end and def. a shocker!!!
    Thanks for your input Junior Jones fights are very hard to come by, i always liked his fighting style especially his jab which was underrated.

I have seen his fights with McKinney and Ingle, the Ingle one has stuck in my mind because i was a fan of Ingle. And i actually remember before the fight.

Thinking theres no way Ingle was going to win the fight, then when i read he won i was in complete shock. Luckily someone taped it for me so i was able to watch it, that was a great win for british boxing.
    I'm pretty sure Ingle was a strong-ish favourite to beat Jones. Jones was considered well finished by then.. he was considered washed up a couple of years before when he KO'd Richard Evatt (Brit fighter), on the Naz-Ingle undercard, after getting floored early-doors and badly shaken a few times.

Although Jones seemed to have Barrera's number, if Barrera had rematched him a few years later instead of straight away, i reckon he'd of beaten him
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

ICB Guest

I've just had a result boys not only have i found Jones vs Barrera 2, i also found most of his fights to go along with it. So Missy and Fenster i know your big Barrera fan's like me check your pms

ICB Guest

My Scorecard.

1 Jones
    2 Barrera
    3 Barrera
    4 Barrera
    5 Barrera
    6 Barrera = Spicoli how the hell did you give that round to Jones ?
    7 Jones
    8 Jones
    9 Jones 10-8
    10 Jones
    11 Jones
    12 Barrera

114-113 Jones

I thought Barrera boxed brilliant in the first 6 rounds, his defense was much better than in the 1st fight. And he was countering over Jones's jab and being much more accurate. After the 6th round Jones took the fight to Barrera and upped his workrate. And he badly outworked Barrera in the last 5 rounds and started to land his right hand more and more and he seemed to want it that little bit more, although i can see an argument for Barrera winning because i thought the 1st and 11th rounds were close.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes Jones won, just knew how to handle MAB.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Barrera proved the 1st fight was a fluke by avoiding the shots and controlling the fight with his left hand. It was similar to his two fights with Pac in that in the 1st fight he boxed awfully but in the rematch he was concentrating and never came close to being in the same position. Problem is I think he made that his priority and he didnt press teh action enough .

Prime for prime though I think theres no doubt Barrera is the better fighter.

Thread Information