Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: God help me, I've become a social democrat

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: God help me, I've become a social democrat

The Gangs of New York NONFICTION by Herbert Asbury...the movie yes was fiction but the backdrop of racial tension, draft riots, etc was 100% true.

Pork barrel spending and tax cuts to win over businesses happen all the time and have happened all the time...it's nothing new Trainer hell there is pork in the bailout bill they just passed. And please keep it up with the name calling I do appreciate it...almost as much as I appreciate people complaining about their lives and blaming everyone else for their standing in life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    The Gangs of New York NONFICTION by Herbert Asbury...the movie yes was fiction but the backdrop of racial tension, draft riots, etc was 100% true.

Pork barrel spending and tax cuts to win over businesses happen all the time and have happened all the time...it's nothing new Trainer hell there is pork in the bailout bill they just passed. And please keep it up with the name calling I do appreciate it...almost as much as I appreciate people complaining about their lives and blaming everyone else for their standing in life.
    Part of the back drop was lassiez faire economics,which is what is being pushed by the current Republican Party
    So you may wish to re-think your ringing endorsement,because regardless of wether you think its fiction or fact,it says bluntly that when the wealthy get what they want crime and lawlessness become wanton.
    Not exactly a ringing endorsement of republican politics

El Kabong Guest

I love CAPITALISM, that's all I have to tell you...if you want to call it lassiez faire if you want. If you have trouble with it move to China

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love CAPITALISM, that's all I have to tell you...if you want to call it lassiez faire if you want. If you have trouble with it move to China
    I love equitable treatment for equal work,your version have capatilism has led to 6 recessions and the great Depression
    Why dont you move to China?

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey View Post
    I love equitable treatment for equal work,your version have capatilism has led to 6 recessions and the great Depression
    Define EQUAL Trainer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey View Post
    Define EQUAL Trainer
    Ford the 2nd to a union leader when Ford installed robots:Id like to see your boys do that
    Union Leader:Id like to see one of your robots buy a Ford

El Kabong Guest

Somebody has to build the robots, someone also has to maintain those robots, and it's the UAW's own fucking fault they get laid off or replaced....WHY?!?!?! Their peach of a benefits package may have something to do with it.

Unions are no good anymore, all they do is keep unfit workers in jobs they don't deserve. We have a Department of Labor for a reason

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Somebody has to build the robots, someone also has to maintain those robots, and it's the UAW's own fucking fault they get laid off or replaced....WHY?!?!?! Their peach of a benefits package may have something to do with it.

Unions are no good anymore, all they do is keep unfit workers in jobs they don't deserve. We have a Department of Labor for a reason
    Horse-S
    100% toady to the man horse
    And if you had even the slightest understanding of the real history of this country,youd understand how laughable that point of view is.
    And by the way Ronald"Your Hero"Reagan was head of the Actors union,he rolled over to Joe McCarthey and made up names to get a cushy gig doing the GE Home Theater show

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    There is too much bureaucracy in Western governments. And probably too much welfare, especially in the UK.

You dont see too many single mothers in Korea. And Im quite sure thats one reason my tax is so low.
    Yes there IS too much bureaucracy in western governments. And there is no PROBABLY about it there is WAAAAAAY too much welfare ESPECIALLY in places like England and Canada!

As for single mothers....when the government isn't picking up the tab it's not the greatest life choice to keep popping out little bastard kids.

Trainer you're playing revisionist history if you think Americans ever liked it when people got something for nothing ESPECIALLY if it was a person of a different ethnicity....watch Gangs of New York again, it has ALWAYS been like this.
    You don't know jack shit about your own country, so I'm going to assume you don't know anything about mine either.

The amount of welfare distributed in Canada is a fraction of what your joke of a government has spent on an internationally condemned illegal war in Iraq which has resulted in the maiming and deaths of tens of thousands of people, each of whom has the same value as yourself.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    You don't know jack shit about your own country, so I'm going to assume you don't know anything about mine either.

The amount of welfare distributed in Canada is a fraction of what your joke of a government has spent on an internationally condemned illegal war in Iraq which has resulted in the maiming and deaths of tens of thousands of people, each of whom has the same value as yourself.
    Canada has a fraction of the people of the US.

Oooh the war in Iraq has offended Canada alert the media

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We do have less people than the US. Very astute. You said we spend "too much" money on welfare, that statement made no qualifications about population size.

The Iraq war has not offended Canada, it has however almost universally disgusted anyone with a brain worldwide, it has also resulted in the deaths of tens of thousands of people,

One could even make the assertion that the thousands of American soldiers coming home in body bags and the tens of thousands coming home without limbs and faces are more deserving of their lot than the innocent Iraqi's who have died, considering those same soldiers freely (economics and governmental propaganda aside) signed on to enforce the will of the people they are representing, the same people who started this war without any legitimate cause.

Have you ever considered how shameful this war is to the memory of those who died on 9/11?

El Kabong Guest

Have you considered we were going to Iraq anyway 9/11 or no 9/11? Have you considered that Saddam could have just followed the treaty of the Persian Gulf War? Have you considered that even as botched as this war has been that it is admirable that the US decided to stay and fix what we broke and not leave the aforementioned "poor Iraqi civilians" to be brutalized by whatever tough guy would have taken over?

I'll argue with people all fucking day about Iraq it doesn't matter how we got there (mainly because nobody can change that) it matters that we are there now and it matters what we do there right now. But that's apparently too much for the anti-war people to handle at this point in time....oh let's sit down and have a finger pointing session while Iraq is in a state of anarchy....oh splendid.

Doesn't it matter that this mess gets cleaned up? Oh no I'm sorry what was I thinking we just have to find people to blame and everything will fix itself....that's the way of the world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CFH, Canada is a joke. I've lived in both countries. I'll take the inner city gettos of USA over the canadian gov't handing out my tax dollars to lazy fucks who can do anythin they want and still get paid any day.

Canada is so fuckign socialized it makes me sick. The poor suck you and I dry.. 95% of them are there b'c they're lazy. It sucks down the middle class bigtime.

I DO know both countries, but choose not to get involved in this shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We do have less people than the US. Very astute. You said we spend "too much" money on welfare, that statement made no qualifications about population size.

The Iraq war has not offended Canada, it has however almost universally disgusted anyone with a brain worldwide, it has also resulted in the deaths of tens of thousands of people,

One could even make the assertion that the thousands of American soldiers coming home in body bags and the tens of thousands coming home without limbs and faces are more deserving of their lot than the innocent Iraqi's who have died, considering those same soldiers freely (economics and governmental propaganda aside) signed on to enforce the will of the people they are representing, the same people who started this war without any legitimate cause.

Have you ever considered how shameful this war is to the memory of those who died on 9/11?
    It may be now, but it wasn't 7 years ago.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Have you considered we were going to Iraq anyway 9/11 or no 9/11? Have you considered that Saddam could have just followed the treaty of the Persian Gulf War? Have you considered that even as botched as this war has been that it is admirable that the US decided to stay and fix what we broke and not leave the aforementioned "poor Iraqi civilians" to be brutalized by whatever tough guy would have taken over?

I'll argue with people all fucking day about Iraq it doesn't matter how we got there (mainly because nobody can change that) it matters that we are there now and it matters what we do there right now. But that's apparently too much for the anti-war people to handle at this point in time....oh let's sit down and have a finger pointing session while Iraq is in a state of anarchy....oh splendid.

Doesn't it matter that this mess gets cleaned up? Oh no I'm sorry what was I thinking we just have to find people to blame and everything will fix itself....that's the way of the world.
    Going there for any reason was wrong. Manipulating the emotion of 9/11 and the general ignorance of the populace was a brilliant move, it was also morally indefensible.

It DOES matter how you got there. Saying it doesn't matter absolves anyone of being guilty. Just because it makes you look/feel badly or guilty or whatever, it does fucking matter. It sure as shit matters to all those who have died. I've never heard anyone say "Well, it doesn't matter why WW2 started."

So because Saddam didn't follow the rules imposed on him (it was as much a treaty as the Versailles "treaty"), that gives the American's the right to invade, kill tens of thousands of people, and somehow manage, through an enormous cluster-fuck of errors that would be laughable if it wasn't so pathetic, to make the country the most dangerous place on earth. The Iraqi's were exponentially better off under Sadam, how incredibly fucked up is that?? The U.S. is absolutely no different from the fiction "random Tough Guy" boogeman you speak of.

It's not admirable that you stay their either, there's nothing admirable about it. You made the mess, there is nothing admirable about cleaning it up. What a fucking pathetic rationalization. You're the biggest idiot I have ever known if you believe that bullshit (and I know you don't). Though it is very considerate of you guys to wash up all the blood. I'm sure the Iraqi's are very greatful. And when one of them or their sympathizers perpetrates a crime against the U.S. that makes 9/11 look like the goddamn Teddy Bears picnic you keep spouting your bullshit excuses for what you've done.

Thread Information