Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Juanma" Lopez takes out Figueroa in 47 seconds (Video)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: "Juanma" Lopez takes out Cesar Figueroa in 47 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_tha_man View Post

Can you really tell all that in just two rounds from his last two fights?

He hasn't gone past the third round in well over a year and I doubt many on here have seen much of his fights before then so we can't really say how he'll do in a long fight.

You can't seriously put him above Isreal Vazquez or R Marquez right now as he just hasn't beaten anyone.

He got a great win over De Leon but a first round ko just tells us he has tremendous power. We don't yet know how tough he is as he hasn't had to show it yet.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how he develops and he could go on to be great but I wouldn't count out the rest of the divisions top fighters just yet.

Yes Bilbo i can. i have seen more than just two or three of his fights. i actually got to see him in a local gym in Carolina, Puerto Rico as an amature a couple of years back. you can ask CutMeMick that i have for a long time been saying that Lopez will be the next big thing in boxing. Waaaay before the De Leon fight. but anyways you cant tell me that this kid first: is not a star in the making, second: look mediocre and that people are just over hyping him and third: you cant honestly say that he doesn't look capable of hanging in there with the big boys. don't make an assumption just based on his last two performances because i for sure have not. I'm pretty sure if you see some of his other fights you will think so too. (not sure if you have or not)
    I've only seen his last two fights Mike. If you've seen him fight rounds then I'll take your word that he's got a good chin and stamina, I'm just saying that he's still largely unproven at this point.

But the De Leon win was clearly huge, I just havn't seen him fight a real fight yet so can't say whether or not he could win a war with someone like Isreal Vazquez. To be fair you've seen a lot more of him than I have though. I thought you were one of the bandwagon jumpers hopping on after seeing him for less than 6 total minutes

i agree that no one can say for sure but unlike those many (and i mean many) bandwagon jumpers i have seen and followed Lopez from the beginning (some amature fights). i mean i love boxing and i follow the sport but my true interest is in fighters that come out of my beautiful island of Puerto Rico (for obvious reasons) and JuanMa has been on my radar. you are right that he has not been able to show to everyone his true potentials yet. so in a way, you my friend are correct, its to early to say clearly with not having something to base those comments on, but remember when i tell you Bilbo, i have seen Lopez put in some rounds and he has the goods to be the best in his division.

and if you get a chance get a look at these fighters that will make a mark on the sport soon. *for the record*

Roman Martinez 20-0-1 (12 ko's)
    Alex De Jesus 19-0 (13 ko's)
    Carlos Ivan Velasquez 9-0 (8 ko's)
    Juan Carlos Velasquez 9-0 (5 ko's)
    Wilfredo Vasquez Jr 12-0-1 (10 ko's)
    Jesus Rojas 12-0 (10 ko's)
    Cesar Seda Jr 13-0 (9 ko's)
    Mario Santiago 19-1-1 (14 ko's)
    Hidden Content It's Good To Be Back!! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes Bilbo i can. i have seen more than just two or three of his fights. i actually got to see him in a local gym in Carolina, Puerto Rico as an amature a couple of years back. you can ask CutMeMick that i have for a long time been saying that Lopez will be the next big thing in boxing. Waaaay before the De Leon fight. but anyways you cant tell me that this kid first: is not a star in the making, second: look mediocre and that people are just over hyping him and third: you cant honestly say that he doesn't look capable of hanging in there with the big boys. don't make an assumption just based on his last two performances because i for sure have not. I'm pretty sure if you see some of his other fights you will think so too. (not sure if you have or not)
    I've only seen his last two fights Mike. If you've seen him fight rounds then I'll take your word that he's got a good chin and stamina, I'm just saying that he's still largely unproven at this point.

But the De Leon win was clearly huge, I just havn't seen him fight a real fight yet so can't say whether or not he could win a war with someone like Isreal Vazquez. To be fair you've seen a lot more of him than I have though. I thought you were one of the bandwagon jumpers hopping on after seeing him for less than 6 total minutes

i agree that no one can say for sure but unlike those many (and i mean many) bandwagon jumpers i have seen and followed Lopez from the beginning (some amature fights). i mean i love boxing and i follow the sport but my true interest is in fighters that come out of my beautiful island of Puerto Rico (for obvious reasons) and JuanMa has been on my radar. you are right that he has not been able to show to everyone his true potentials yet. so in a way, you my friend are correct, its to early to say clearly with not having something to base those comments on, but remember when i tell you Bilbo, i have seen Lopez put in some rounds and he has the goods to be the best in his division.

and if you get a chance get a look at these fighters that will make a mark on the sport soon. *for the record*

Roman Martinez 20-0-1 (12 ko's)
    Alex De Jesus 19-0 (13 ko's)
    Carlos Ivan Velasquez 9-0 (8 ko's)
    Juan Carlos Velasquez 9-0 (5 ko's)
    Wilfredo Vasquez Jr 12-0-1 (10 ko's)
    Jesus Rojas 12-0 (10 ko's)
    Cesar Seda Jr 13-0 (9 ko's)
    Mario Santiago 19-1-1 (14 ko's)
    i've seen almost every Lopez fight and plenty of them in person, in fact i was there last night, and i'll be the first to say that both shots were solid shots (even though it's obvious by the way Figueroa went down) they echoed throughout the arena, but a reason not to hype up the victory, Figueroa went into training camp a good 30 lbs overweight, and he himself said in an interview before the fight, that he lost over 25 lbs in the first 3 weeks of training alone, so really what does that tell you? it wasn't as much a training camp as it was a weight loss camp, no one to blame but himself, and i doubt it would of made much a difference anyway, but it shows the quality of opponant that Lopez had put in front of him, as for his stamina, it's not horrible but he has gotten either a bit fatigued or turns down his work rate as he get's into the later rounds, best example was his fight against Hugo Dianzo, which honestly to me was a bullshit TKO in the tenth, although Juanma was winning the fight, he was just a bit lethargic against again mediocre competition, i'm not saying he can't beat the best, but until he does so, he's not the best in the division, i think he's the #5 best super bantamweight in the world, right in this order

1. Israel Vazquez
    2. Rafael Marquez
    3. Steve Molitor
    4. Celestino Caballero
    5. Juan Manuel Lopez

next fight that should happen, Juan Manuel Lopez Vs. Jhonny Gonzales December 6th

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he will fight Rey Bautista, if i'm not mistaken he has a spot on the undercard of Oscar/Manny fight but still has no opponent. Bautista/Lopez fight will be fun imo.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he will fight Rey Bautista, if i'm not mistaken he has a spot on the undercard of Oscar/Manny fight but still has no opponent. Bautista/Lopez fight will be fun imo.
    yea, another 1st round KO, i think Gonzalez would actually tell more bout him than Bautista

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bautista/Lopez would be a step backwards.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah i agree other than the part that it would be nice to see Bautista get KTFO again it is taking a step backwards. he needs to fight a veteran fighter that will most likely be taken to the later rounds so that we can see JuanMas true stuff. Someone like Jhonny or Poonsawat. a Penalosa fight would be good too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I honestly think Steve Molitor might be the hardest opponent for Lopez at this poitn in the division, he is quick, southpaw, can throw sharp punches all night, and he is very hard to hit cleanly.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    I honestly think Steve Molitor might be the hardest opponent for Lopez at this poitn in the division, he is quick, southpaw, can throw sharp punches all night, and he is very hard to hit cleanly.
    Yes i agree i've been impressed with Steve Moltior, but as i said im not sure about his chin.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My opinion on Juanma: his a good fighter that has the potential to be great. He will....

Lose to;
    Israel
    Rafa
    Steve M.

Undecided;
    Penalosa
    Caballero

Its true it does not take long to overrate a young puncher fress of 1st round wins. You have to look at the bigger picture, before you even think about putting juanma in against the top three of his division, look at guys like Caballero and Penalosa or even Jhonny. He wont know out any of those guys the way he did his past two oppenents. IMO those three will take Juanma to deep water and if Juan survives and does not drown. Then you can start thinking about how he will do against the top three. Do you guys remember Cotto? IMO Juanma's Margarito would be Israel or Rafa. Juanma is actually more unfortunate then Cotto cause theres two Margarito in Juanma's division. Israel and Rafa will stop Juanma.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Juan Manuel Lopez Vs Cesar Figueroa Photos

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hold on, people. Juan Manuel didn't just step out of the woodwork to get two 1st round KO's and that's why everyone should jump on his bandwagon. Juan Manuel has a 23-0 record with 21 KO's, and some of us have seen him in person in fights that have lasted longer than one round. AND... he's taken on some good opposition (not like a certain, coddled Junior with a famous name).

So while two rounds is not a lot to go on for those of you who haven't seen JML at any other time, give credit to those of us who have. It's not Juanma's fault that the last two fights lasted less than one round. The kid's for real.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Juan Manuel Lopez Vs Cesar Figueroa Photos

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Hold on, people. Juan Manuel didn't just step out of the woodwork to get two 1st round KO's and that's why everyone should jump on his bandwagon. Juan Manuel has a 23-0 record with 21 KO's, and some of us have seen him in person in fights that have lasted longer than one round. AND... he's taken on some good opposition (not like a certain, coddled Junior with a famous name).

So while two rounds is not a lot to go on for those of you who haven't seen JML at any other time, give credit to those of us who have. It's not Juanma's fault that the last two fights lasted less than one round. The kid's for real.

No doubt his foreal but he wont beat israel or rafa, those two are just in another level. way above the level juanma has seen.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post

No doubt his foreal but he wont beat israel or rafa, those two are just in another level. way above the level juanma has seen.
    I suspect we'll find out soon enough. It seems inevitable that they'll meet in the ring. While I don't subscribe to the "Juanma vs Pacquiao at 135" madness from another post, I do think everyone at 122 should be plenty worried about Juanma right about now. I see Juanma squaring off against either Israel or Rafa (or both) sometime in early to mid 2009.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post

I suspect we'll find out soon enough. It seems inevitable that they'll meet in the ring. While I don't subscribe to the "Juanma vs Pacquiao at 135" madness from another post, I do think everyone at 122 should be plenty worried about Juanma right about now. I see Juanma squaring off against either Israel or Rafa (or both) sometime in early to mid 2009.
    I would love to see it, I like juanma but i really can't see him beating israel or rafa.

Thread Information