Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Vitali's win bad for boxing?

With Vitali now holding the WBC title and his brother holding the IBF/WBO/IBO titles I feel is not good for boxing.

The fact is with 3/4's of the Heavyweight title tied up with the brothers we will not see an Undisputed Heavyweight Champion for sometime. With boxing ratings down due to corruption, lack of quality fights, numorous sanctioning bodies and the rise of MMA Vitali's win could not have come at a worse time for the Heavy's and Boxing.

What do you all think?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Vitali's win bad for boxing?

No cant be Bothered
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not sure really. I mean he's clearly never going to fight Wlad so we'll have no unification fight between them but we havn't had a unified champ in over 312 years or thereabouts anyway so not too big a deal.

Besides as brothers if between them they hold all the belts then collectively they will have unified under the banner Klitschko which in a way is pretty cool and more unique than having a unified champ anyway.

It will make boxing history a bit more interesting imo if we have the Klitschko era where all the titles were unified by two brothers.

Also as much as I wanted him to get sparked yesterday he did look damn impressive.

It was a complete demolition job but unlike Wlad he wasn't robotic, he wasn't hiding behind his jab, he wasn't fighting scared.

It was very remniscient stylewise of Sergio Martinez's win over Bunema the other week I thought, Vitali looking super relaxed, his hands low, he just looked so confident and in control.

It will be interesting to see if Haye calls Vitali out now because imo stick Haye in with Vitali and he's getting retired from the sport, Vitali would absolutely murder him imo. It would be unpleasant to watch.........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DarthCyclonis View Post
    With Vitali now holding the WBC title and his brother holding the IBF/WBO/IBO titles I feel is not good for boxing.

The fact is with 3/4's of the Heavyweight title tied up with the brothers we will not see an Undisputed Heavyweight Champion for sometime. With boxing ratings down due to corruption, lack of quality fights, numorous sanctioning bodies and the rise of MMA Vitali's win could not have come at a worse time for the Heavy's and Boxing.

What do you all think?

well as bad as boxing is today i think see 2 brother destroy all commers cant really make things much worse, in fact it might make it a litttle intersting for a change
    Hidden Content
    Ani hu sheshokhen betokh Cain
    Ego sum quis habitavit in Nerone
    Mia fora katoikese mesa se Ioudas
    Ich war mit Legion
    Ana Belial
    And I am Lucifer, The devil in the flesh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What do you all think?
    It would be much worse for boxing if someone as clearly limited as Peter wass the unified champ.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think so. Vitali's better than Peter in every department especially his marketability. I understand it makes it harder to have one undisputed champion but imagine if Wladimir and Vitali fight on a doubleheader and promote it as "World Domination" like they have in the past that could be interesting. I'm sure some casual fans would be intrigued by watching two brothers clean out the division.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Not sure really. I mean he's clearly never going to fight Wlad so we'll have no unification fight between them but we havn't had a unified champ in over 312 years or thereabouts anyway so not too big a deal.

Besides as brothers if between them they hold all the belts then collectively they will have unified under the banner Klitschko which in a way is pretty cool and more unique than having a unified champ anyway.

It will make boxing history a bit more interesting imo if we have the Klitschko era where all the titles were unified by two brothers.

Also as much as I wanted him to get sparked yesterday he did look damn impressive.

It was a complete demolition job but unlike Wlad he wasn't robotic, he wasn't hiding behind his jab, he wasn't fighting scared.

It was very remniscient stylewise of Sergio Martinez's win over Bunema the other week I thought, Vitali looking super relaxed, his hands low, he just looked so confident and in control.

It will be interesting to see if Haye calls Vitali out now because imo stick Haye in with Vitali and he's getting retired from the sport, Vitali would absolutely murder him imo. It would be unpleasant to watch.........
    I think the Haye v Vitali fight been similar to when Vitali destroyed Herbie Hide.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldn't write off David Haye's chances of beating both just yet! But lets see how he goes on with Barrett first.

This would be my ideal scenario though. Wlad destroys Povetkin and Haye does the same to Barrett to set up that fight.

Vitali takes on Valuev and unifies them titles.

Haye KO's Wlad (no problem.... i hope lol)

Vitali smashes Chagaev when he makes his comeback.

Haye beats an aged Vitali to become the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world. SIMPLE LOL

No I don't think it's too bad for boxing by the way. At least we do have the best heavys as champions (not including Valuev of course).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vityali was impressive yesterday, actually seemed less robotic than his brother, Haye has a punchers chance against Wlad and none against Vitali IMO, no way Haye hits harder trhan Lennox and he couldn't floor him. Vitali seems a much more natural fighter thanm his brother.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think it is bad for boxing...If anything it will attract more viewers as they hear about the 2 6'5" + brothers who rule the HW rankings....My hats off to them for winning the titles and making history...

Though what IMO is bad for boxing is the fact he was allowed to be the bullshit emeratus champ or what ever for all those years and just walk right back in and get a title shot...Be it he left as champion or not...
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

El Kabong Guest

If I'm not mistaken the last guy who generated a bunch of intrest in the heavyweight division of the sport besides Lennox Lewis (who had help: Holyfield, Tyson, the Michael Grant, Tommy Morrison, and Shannon Briggs hype machines), and Wladimir (who creates less hype because he has fought nothing but southpaws recently and therefore couldn't just gun for the KO) was Vitali.

With Vitali in there you have a solid brawling big man who will stand and trade with anyone and a fight that is Vitali vs anybody is interesting: Valuev, Ruiz, Lyakhovich, Chagaev, Rahman, McCline, Golota, Brewster, Haye, Dimitrenko, Arreola, even a fight vs a washed up Shannon Briggs would be exciting because if anyone fights Vitali you KNOW he will KO them.

Plus this makes it easier for the brothers to have the belts unified in a way...it's a pick your poison division now Wladimir or Vitali who do I want to get KO'd by?

Rejoice fans of boxing, the heavyweight division has a new virtually undisputed (Damn that Valuev!) champion via The Brothers Klitschko
    Last edited by El Kabong; 10-12-2008 at 08:55 PM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What do you all think?
    Welcome to the forum.No offence...but thats silly.Gone are the days of the entirety of Boxing soley going the way of the Heavyweight division.Title belts are a dime a dozen it would appear and I very much doubt we will see a unified Heavyweight champion in the foreseeable future.Anything that generates discussion, Media focus on the bigger picture,no pun intended,and new fans (?) is putting the sport in the right direction Imo.Two brothers reigning as world Champions simutaniously at Heavyweight........that's not bad for boxing,that's history .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    If I'm not mistaken the last guy who generated a bunch of intrest in the heavyweight division of the sport besides Lennox Lewis (who had help: Holyfield, Tyson, the Michael Grant, Tommy Morrison, and Shannon Briggs hype machines), and Wladimir (who creates less hype because he has fought nothing but southpaws recently and therefore couldn't just gun for the KO) was Vitali.

With Vitali in there you have a solid brawling big man who will stand and trade with anyone and a fight that is Vitali vs anybody is interesting: Valuev, Ruiz, Lyakhovich, Chagaev, Rahman, McCline, Golota, Brewster, Haye, Dimitrenko, Arreola, even a fight vs a washed up Shannon Briggs would be exciting because if anyone fights Vitali you KNOW he will KO them.

Plus this makes it easier for the brothers to have the belts unified in a way...it's a pick your poison division now Wladimir or Vitali who do I want to get KO'd by?

Rejoice fans of boxing, the heavyweight division has a new virtually undisputed (Damn that Valuev!) champion via The Brothers Klitschko

Actually the reason Lennox had generated so much interest is the fact he dominated during HW boxings 2nd greatest era outside the 70's legends..

McCall, Mercer, Bruno, Botha, McCall, Morrison, Golota, Holyfield, Briggs, Tua, all good fighters that would have been either champion or top contender at any point in history be it for their boxing skill or plain out power.

Vitaly could have been the next great heavyweight after Lennox once he took the reigns...I was actually shocked when he retired...I also gave him credit for not wanting to hold the title up due to injury...

Right now Vitaly is more of an enigma that people want to see if he really is the legit thing rather then people caring if he is back in the division or not

I give Vitaly respect and I think he will be around fdor as long as he wants at the moment...though there Are not really many interesting fights for him...

Maybe Valuev?
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vitali is much easier to watch than brother vlad. Vitali brings some excitement to his fights, vlad bores me most fights.

Thread Information