Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Watching boxing live in nosebleeds VS pay-per-view in a bar?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exclamation Watching boxing live in nosebleeds VS pay-per-view in a bar?

HI. I have never been to a live boxing match and was wondering if it is worth it to pay $150 per ticket for absolute farthest away section for a live fight (Calzaghe/Roy Jones Jr. at Madison Square Garden), or if I am better off just paying $15 to watch it at a bar on Pay Per View.

What are your experiences and suggestions? Is boxing really only worth going to see live if you are on the floor or very close up (thats what most people are telling me, but none of them have ever been to a match).
    THANK YOU

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Watching boxing live in nosebleeds VS pay-per-view in a bar?

Quote Originally Posted by asdfasdf1111 View Post
    HI. I have never been to a live boxing match and was wondering if it is worth it to pay $150 per ticket for absolute farthest away section for a live fight (Calzaghe/Roy Jones Jr. at Madison Square Garden), or if I am better off just paying $15 to watch it at a bar on Pay Per View.

What are your experiences and suggestions? Is boxing really only worth going to see live if you are on the floor or very close up (thats what most people are telling me, but none of them have ever been to a match).
    THANK YOU
    There is something electric about the live atmosphere that can't be touched by the bar experience. That being said, It will be a lot easier to actually watch the fight in a bar.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

THANK YOU

Depends how far away you are away from the ring mate.Im sure you'll have a great view anyhow!With it being a Calzaghe vs Jones fight it be be well worth going to watch it live after all their two great great fighters!It'll be a fantasic fight i reckon.

Just think mate of how many people would want them tickets?LOADS!!!!!Im one of them but im over here in the u.k so i cant go so i'll be watching it at home with a few cans instead.I'd take them mate!!!!!!!!You might regret it if you miss out.There cheap enough too.Just imagine the atmosphere!!!!!!!!!!!"AWESMOE!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My first fight was Tarver vs Jones III. I was visiting Florida and just so happenend the tickets were $25 for the nose bleed's. How could I not go I asked myself. On that night I witnessed Kid Diamond first loss to Nate Campbell and it was huge. In the 11th round of the Tarver Jones fight I remember seeing Jones get hit and stumble and next thing I know everyone else seen it. It was a delayed reaction from the crowd but it seemed I was the first one to see Jones hurt first. Also you see the little thing's that you can't see on T.V. Most impressively the ringcard girls just awesome. All of the Celeb's and other fighter's and just that electric in the air like killersheep said. All and all if you haven't been to a fight of that magnitude GO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I saw Klitschko vs Sulton in Madison Square Garden. I had $200 seats and I felt that I was way too far away to enjoy the fight.

On the other hand, in a place like boardwalk hall, every seat is good.

I say go to the bar.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nothing beats being there live...
    Trust me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nothing better than being there......tape it and watch it when you get home if you must but always go if given the opportunity. I went to see the bronc's in the super bowl awhile back and was so far back i damn near was at home, but it was worth it i did what i suggested and watched it when i got home to see what really went on since i watched most on the big screen while at the game, we lost but hey i was there and got a couple of wristbands and even a chinstrap from the players couldn't have got that back at the crib.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post

THANK YOU
    There is something electric about the live atmosphere that can't be touched by the bar experience. That being said, It will be a lot easier to actually watch the fight in a bar.
    Agreed just what I was going to say...The atmosphere makes it more exciting....A fight at the Garden is thrilling just because you are watching a fight while you are "At the Garden".....
    Last edited by DaxxKahn; 10-16-2008 at 12:21 AM.
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    Nothing beats being there live...
    Trust me.
    Coming from 'Mr Ringside' for every fight I've been to

I agree though, if you can see it live do it no matter where you will be sat. You can say you were there and you will have a better night.

Thread Information