Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Do you agree with the death penalty?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The death penalty! for it or against it???

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default The death penalty! for it or against it???

The USA still has it but the UK does not.

As there is lots of Brits and Yanks on this site I think this is a good place to debate a controvercial topic.
    Balls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The death penalty! for it or against it???

i dont agree with death at all. u only get one chance at life. well maybe if somebody murders like alot of innocent people then yea. but life only comes once and if u choose to fuk it off by doin something like that then u dont deserve to live.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a hard question for me. I think it should be in place for completly insane people like Jason Voorhees or Leatherface types.

If the person has a "normal" mind I think they should have a chance to change spiritually and do some light reading.

I do believe in solitary confiment. I think every prisoner should have a small cell of their own and a small garden they can enter a few times a day.
    Last edited by BoxingGorilla; 10-17-2008 at 07:10 PM.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla View Post
    This is a hard question for me. I think it should be in place for completly insane people like Jason Voorhees or Leatherface types.

If the person has a "normal" mind I think they should have get chance to change spiritually and do some light reading.

I do believe in solitary confiment. I think every prisoner should have a small cell of their own and a small garden they can enter a few times a day.
    I agree with BG really.

Part of me would quite like to hang about 13% of the UK's populace. But the other side of me knows that is a very contentious thing to say.

ICB Guest

I wouldn't want to see it i just see a British film called Let Him Have It Chris. And this poor kid the same age as me got hanged for his mate killing a cop, the death penalty would be good on some evil people, but then the flip side is. Many innocent people would be killed for doing nothing. I don't think anyone should be made god and should have the kind of power to decide a person's life IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As administratively inefficient and ineffective as state and federal government are I am against it. But in principal, I am for it.

There are just wayyyyy too many people who get released because of DNA evidence or something else that surfaces and exhonerates convicts for me to be comfortable executing anyone. It might be hell in prison, but at least a potentially innocent person is still alive.
    Oops

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm against it simply because innocent people have and always will be, wrongly sentenced. What could be worse than getting snuffed out for something you didn't do?
    Last edited by Fenster; 12-07-2017 at 07:35 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have voted for it in the poll on the baces that it is moraly right to put to death murders and other people that have comited awful crimes.

But in reality I would have doubts about it being brought back in to use in Britain because there have been so many miscarages of justice over the last 30 years or so.

So in theory I am for it,But in reality I am against it.
    Balls

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Even if I saw someone murder someone with my own eyes, don't think it's appropriate for government to play the role of executioners.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cue Lyle angry rant

I'm not for it but the fact is its really not even a political issue in the U.S., Dem and Republican presidential candidates pretty much have to be for it cause of public support.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Politicians tend to go with what the peopl want in this respect or completely avoid the issue. Several governors have put a moratorium on the death penalty after the realization they'd allowed innocent men to be put to death. Murder isn't a federal crime unless you kill a federal employee.
    Oops

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not all of the US has the death penalty. 36 states have the death penalty, while the remaining 14 do not. The state I live in did not have the death penalty from 1963-1992, when it was reinstated. My personal opinion on the matter is a tough one, I believe BG is correct on this issue solitary confinement is ok with me.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Every couple of years someone here in Michigan tries to get it on the ballot or a smaller version just for police officers.
    Oops

El Kabong Guest

I agree with the idea of "an eye for an eye" but the justice system being what it is has put in endless repeals and it's a very slow process and honestly it loses it's effectiveness as a deturrant when people #1 Don't see it and #2 Get put to sleep...dogs and cats that are loved and cherished by people get "put to sleep" killers ought to be KILLED (well in a manner worse than lethal injection).

It's hard to be fair with the death penalty, people were whining and complaining when Karla Faye Tucker got put to death in Texas....she hit a girl repeatedly with a pick axe which was left sticking out of her boyfriend's (who was killed with a hammer) chest.

Here are the ways people should be put to death: Hanging (as a bonus the same rope can be used numberous times), Firing Squad, Electrocution, and Gas Chamber.

Lethal Injection is totally bogus

As for the innocent people you're never going to be 100% right but to what extent do you let that run society? Are we going to stop locking people up altogether because innocent people get locked up wrongfully? And don't think I don't know about the sorrows of the guys like Ruben Carter and (North Carolina's most famous innocent man held in jail for a long time) Darryl Hunt....those are sad stories but they happen death penalty or no death penalty
    Last edited by El Kabong; 10-17-2008 at 07:35 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Depends on the crime commited and who it is against.

If a man/woman walks into their own home and finds the other half in beb with some one else and kills both of them. (depends)

If a person is caught beating, molesting and killing a child. (No question, fry that sucker)

To me, it depends on the crime.
    Hidden Content Boot Hill, Where the Real Fights Are Fought.

Thread Information