Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smile Bernard Hopkins

He fought amazing last night He fought 10 times better than when he fought Calzaghe i thought Pavlik would win before the fight i knew it wouldn't be easy as Bernard is a true ring craftsman but how wrong i was. Bernard turned back the clock last night it was great to watch im a fan of both Hopkins and Pavlik but wanted Pavlik to win in style and put more pressure on Calzaghe for a fight. But unlike some of the guys out their im not all bitter and twisted because Pavlik got schooled it was great to witness it wasn't really a fact of Pavlik under performing it was Hopkins pulling out a great performance from somewhere. He was totally different from when he fought Calzaghe and before anybody starts saying it no this doesn't make Calzaghe look even better because Hopkins didn't fight anything like this when they met. Hopkins made Pavlik fight his fight he fought like a true GREAT! of the sport Hopkins legacy is unreal now the man is a true LEGEND! of the sport i think he should either retire on a win like this or wait for the winner of Calzaghe vs Jones.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bernard Hopkins

Hopkins didn't fight like that against Calzaghe because he couldn't.

Calzaghe is a MILLION times better than Pavlik.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

Ok you keep believing that mate when Hopkins fought Calzaghe he didn't fight nowhere near as offensive as he did vs Pavlik and to say he didn't do it vs Calzaghe because he couldn't is just laughable Calzaghe only just beat Hopkins many including myself thought Hopkins did enough to keep his title.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by tysonbruno View Post

Ok you keep believing that mate when Hopkins fought Calzaghe he didn't fight nowhere near as offensive as he did vs Pavlik and to say he didn't do it vs Calzaghe because he couldn't is just laughable Calzaghe only just beat Hopkins many including myself thought Hopkins did enough to keep his title.
    Hopkins himself said last night - styles make fights and Calzaghe throws a ton of punches.

Your comparison is silly. It's like saying if the Calzaghe that fought Lacy showed up against Hopkins he'd of slaughtered him.

ICB Guest

Kelly Pavlik walked forward in straight lines, not throwing punches. With slow footwork no head movement and kept telegraphing his punches. Joe Calzaghe threw many more punches with much more variety and kept the pressure on, he also used angles so he wasn't an easy target to hit while pressuring.

I thought Bernard Hopkins also won the Joe Calzaghe fight by 1 point, i had it 6-6 but with the knockdown in the first round giving Bernard Hopkins the edge. But Bernard Hopkins didn't fight as good against Joe Calzaghe, because Joe Calzaghe kept the pressure on and didn't allow Bernard Hopkins, have time to rest like Kelly Pavlik did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Makes me laugh how people are saying in all different threads about how bad Pavlik performed or he was overrated look end of the day Hopkins deserves all the Positives here he fought a great fight he made Pavlik look bad he made Pavlik fight his fight lets not start taking this from Hopkins by saying Pavlik just weren't that good or he fought in straight lines or he was overrated. Hopkins made him fight in the style he did Hopkins turned back the clock for one more great performance look Pavlik got beat by the BETTER man lets not have sour grapes.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post

Kelly Pavlik walked forward in straight lines, not throwing punches. With slow footwork no head movement and kept telegraphing his punches. Joe Calzaghe threw many more punches with much more variety and kept the pressure on, he also used angles so he wasn't an easy target to hit while pressuring.

I thought Bernard Hopkins also won the Joe Calzaghe fight by 1 point, i had it 6-6 but with the knockdown in the first round giving Bernard Hopkins the edge. But Bernard Hopkins didn't fight as good against Joe Calzaghe, because Joe Calzaghe kept the pressure on and didn't allow Bernard Hopkins, have time to rest like Kelly Pavlik did.
    Exactly.

Even people that think Hopkins beat Calzaghe all have it a close fight.

Hopkins simply exposed Pavlik for the limited fighter he is. He never looked to have a single thing over Calzaghe apart from punch power.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Makes me laugh how people are saying in all different threads about how bad Pavlik performed or he was overrated look end of the day Hopkins deserves all the Positives here he fought a great fight he made Pavlik look bad he made Pavlik fight his fight lets not start taking this from Hopkins by saying Pavlik just weren't that good or he fought in straight lines or he was overrated. Hopkins made him fight in the style he did Hopkins turned back the clock for one more great performance look Pavlik got beat by the BETTER man lets not have sour grapes.
    Isn't that the exactly the same thing you are doing when you say the the Hopkins that fought Calzaghe wasn't that good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    Isn't that the exactly the same thing you are doing when you say the the Hopkins that fought Calzaghe wasn't that good
    No im saying that Hopkins that fought Calzaghe didn't fight as good as the one who fought Pavlik last night he was a lot better and anybody who thinks he didn't fight as good vs Calzaghe it was because Calzaghe didn't let him is deluded. He fought like a different fighter last night i myself was sat in my living room in shock he was a lot more fired up he forced the fight something he didn't really do vs Calzaghe and not because Calzaghe didn't let just because he didn't try to force it i thought vs Calzaghe Hopkins was pretty negative he could have done more and won but this is just my opinion.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No im saying that Hopkins that fought Calzaghe didn't fight as good as the one who fought Pavlik last night he was a lot better and anybody who thinks he didn't fight as good vs Calzaghe it was because Calzaghe didn't let him is deluded. He fought like a different fighter last night i myself was sat in my living room in shock he was a lot more fired up he forced the fight something he didn't really do vs Calzaghe and not because Calzaghe didn't let just because he didn't try to force it i thought vs Calzaghe Hopkins was pretty negative he could have done more and won but this is just my opinion.
    Hopkins was excellent in that fight because Kelly lacks the experience to handle Hopkins' style. All in all, I give the credit to Hopkins for showing us a great fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exactly.

Hopkins simply exposed Pavlik for the limited fighter he is. He never looked to have a single thing over Calzaghe apart from punch power.
    Are you talking about Hopkins or Pavlik because Hopkins has way better technique, skill, defense, chin, etc, etc, etc then Calzaghe. He is the superior fighter. He has foughten better competition and he beat Calzaghe, close or not he's 43 and Calzaghe barely was able to hang with him becuase of his age. Put the 36 year old bernard who fought Trinidad in there and Calzaghe would have been schooled. It was easy to see that besides he lack of output that Bernard was another level of fighter compared to joe.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Despite lack of output Aint that quite important in boxing? It aint Dancing with the stars

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post

Exactly.

Are you talking about Hopkins or Pavlik because Hopkins has way better technique, skill, defense, chin, etc, etc, etc then Calzaghe. He is the superior fighter. He has foughten better competition and he beat Calzaghe, close or not he's 43 and Calzaghe barely was able to hang with him becuase of his age. Put the 36 year old bernard who fought Trinidad in there and Calzaghe would have been schooled. It was easy to see that besides he lack of output that Bernard was another level of fighter compared to joe.
    Calzaghe would have been schooled by Hopkins?

Nonsense. Hopkins would never have been able to school Calzaghe. Hopkins was taken to the wire twice by Taylor who we all know for what he is. Pretty limited. Hopkins has his limitations too and is not this almighty being that you talk of. He is a great fighter and all great fighters come up against challenges that are sometimes too much. Hopkins: Jones anybody? To a lesser extent Calzaghe: Hopkins?

The Hopkins of last night and the Hopkins that faced Trinidad would both have had fits against Joe. Calzaghe against Hopkins several years ago is also a fight where Calzaghe has been the bigger fighter for longer.

Calzaghe is a great fighter himself....all this he would be schooled by blah blah because of superior chin, defense....whatever....load of hoolahlah to be honest..

Nobody schools Joe Calzaghe ever. Let Hopkins have another go, and it will be much worse for him. Calzaghe would warm up properly and go from the start instead of the 5th...

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post

Exactly.

I meant Pavlik.

But you're talking out of your arse.

If Hopkins was/is so superior to Calzaghe he would have beaten him like he did Pavlik, you plum.

They had a close-ish fight (Calzaghe won comfortably in my eyes on repeated viewing) because they are equally matched "great" fighters. Yes Hopkins may have done things different if younger but that goes for Calzaghe too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Deluded??

Mate Hopkins last night was dealing with a totally different proposistion, Pavlik just walked in straight lines very pedestrain aswell throwing absolutely nothing, Calzaghe makes you fight his fight, Calzaghe imposes himself on you by using great footwork and throwing punches from everywhere, i think you are deluded stulethat styles make fights exaclty as Hopkins pointed out at the end of the fight.

Thread Information