Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Calzaghe: "pavlik Was Overrated, Overhyped And Hadn't Done Anything In His Career"

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Calzaghe: "pavlik Was Overrated, Overhyped And Hadn't Done Anything In His Career

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Saying Calzaghe DUCKED Johnson is just silly.

He pulled out injured. Which turned out to be the BEST thing that EVER happened to Johnson. He wouldn't have made his name by sparking out Roy.. and subsequently beating Tarver.

They were being lined up to meet AGAIN around 2006.. But Clinton Woods beat Johnson scuppering it.
    One question Fenster im sure i remember that the winner of the 3rd Clinton Woods vs Glen Johnson fight. Was supposed get a shot against Joe Calzaghe, why did that not happen ?
    Think there were a few reasons.. mainly though probably because in would have meant Warren and Hobson (the promoters who were slagging eachother off in the press constantly) would have to work together to make it happen.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Calzaghe: "pavlik Was Overrated, Overhyped And Hadn't Done Anything In His Career

Exactly! why did he fight peter manfredo! when are you calzaghe lovers going to realise that joe will always have a big question mark over his career. he could possibly redeem himself a bit by fighting chad after jones and the possibly carl froch. he needs some more names to make himself live up to what he thinks he is.
    everyone that knows anything about boxing knowsyou could not touch roy in his prime. Roys legs are gone now and he is way to gunshy to to win this fight. but i pray to god that he wins and wins in style.
    Dont get me wrong I think joe is a great fighter butdont let the undefeated thing fool you son..its b'llocks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pugilistic View Post
    Pavlik was overhyped by his fans.

I'm glad Hopkins took him to school. That took his fans back to reality.

I do hope the best for Pavlik in the furture though, He is a good guy and has a exciting style.
    I'm actually glad Hopkins went offensive for once. Didn't know homie why you liked Hopkins defensive style. Uhhh

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do hope the best for Pavlik in the furture though, He is a good guy and has a exciting style.
    I was rooting for Pavlik in this one. Round 1 - 3 I was basically sitting relaxed saying "don't worry, Hopkins will fade soon enough, it's still early." Rounds 4 - 6 I was thinking "anytime now Kelly, let it go." Then from that moment on I was witnessing history in the making. I stopped talking and forgot about rooting for Pavlik and just sat there in awe on how great Hopkins really is.

Pugilistic, nice sig! That portion of the fight I was sitting with my hands over my head...

ICB Guest

Another thing i think is Joe Calzaghe should actually watch was he is saying, i think RJJ has a decent chance against Joe Calzaghe. And if Joe Calzaghe loses to RJJ the amount threads saying the exact samething about Kelly Pavlik, will be reversed onto Joe Calzaghe.

Im not liking Joe Calzaghe's attitude regarding this fight one bit, he is talking like its already formality that he will beat RJJ. When thats not the case, RJJ is still faster than Joe Calzaghe. And he is the naturally bigger man, i think Joe Calzaghe should be silent until he beats RJJ.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Exactly! why did he fight peter manfredo! when are you calzaghe lovers going to realise that joe will always have a big question mark over his career. he could possibly redeem himself a bit by fighting chad after jones and the possibly carl froch. he needs some more names to make himself live up to what he thinks he is.
    everyone that knows anything about boxing knowsyou could not touch roy in his prime. Roys legs are gone now and he is way to gunshy to to win this fight. but i pray to god that he wins and wins in style.
    Dont get me wrong I think joe is a great fighter butdont let the undefeated thing fool you son..its b'llocks.
    Right.. so now he needs Dawson and Froch to prove himself

Poor old Kelly was top of that list a few days ago.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Give it up Fenster some people are just fucking idiots I'm afraid.

Froch may have been calling Calzaghe out for years but until about 18 months ago his biggest win was against Matthew Barney

People should have a go at Floyd Mayweather for quitting the sport before Amir Khan got his chance to prove that he would beat him in a 4 rounder, the Pretty Boy obviously didn't fancy his chances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by leftylee View Post

I'm actually glad Hopkins went offensive for once. Didn't know homie why you liked Hopkins defensive style. Uhhh
    People like different styles.

Hopkins only fights defensive because of his age. In his prime he was top notch. he could do everything.

I personally don't like Hatton's style although i do like him and respect what he does.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

Give it up Fenster some people are just fucking idiots I'm afraid.

Froch may have been calling Calzaghe out for years but until about 18 months ago his biggest win was against Matthew Barney

People should have a go at Floyd Mayweather for quitting the sport before Amir Khan got his chance to prove that he would beat him in a 4 rounder, the Pretty Boy obviously didn't fancy his chances.
    Well i guess it's silly (some would say sick) to cover the same old arguments over and over again BUT it's not really hard defending a fighter that is 45-0 and universally recognised as TOP 3 P4P.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopkins only fights defensive because of his age. In his prime he was top notch. he could do everything.

I personally don't like Hatton's style although i do like him and respect what he does.
    I love that sig.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sounds to me like hitting a guy when he's down. And all because Joe needed vindication for not chosing to fight Pavlik. He could have been gracious and offered Pavlik words of wisdom. He had an opportunity to be classy, but instead he was arrogant.

There is good reason prior to Pavlik v. Hopkins people blasted Calzaghe for choosing RJJ over Pavlik: he chose an old fighter over a young one. In his own book, he says RJJ is old and past his prime.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post

I love that sig.
    i love it also.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Same with Hopkins. The guy is a role model to youngsters. 43yrs old and keeps his body in superb condition. That's the thing I hate about Hatton though. The way he binges and boozes in between fights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All those who dislike Calzaghe will eventually like him as a fighter in his up and coming fight with Jones!He always fights at his best with the best!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Same with Hopkins. The guy is a role model to youngsters. 43yrs old and keeps his body in superb condition. That's the thing I hate about Hatton though. The way he binges and boozes in between fights.
    I personally don't like Hattons boozing also.

I have to admit though he always comes into fights in tip top shape.

Thread Information