Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Calzaghe: "pavlik Was Overrated, Overhyped And Hadn't Done Anything In His Career"

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Calzaghe: "pavlik Was Overrated, Overhyped And Hadn't Done Anything In His Career

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Another thing i think is Joe Calzaghe should actually watch was he is saying, i think RJJ has a decent chance against Joe Calzaghe. And if Joe Calzaghe loses to RJJ the amount threads saying the exact samething about Kelly Pavlik, will be reversed onto Joe Calzaghe.

Im not liking Joe Calzaghe's attitude regarding this fight one bit, he is talking like its already formality that he will beat RJJ. When thats not the case, RJJ is still faster than Joe Calzaghe. And he is the naturally bigger man, i think Joe Calzaghe should be silent until he beats RJJ.
    I completely agree! I've always said from the second this fight was signed, Jones has a great shot at this fight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Calzaghe: "pavlik Was Overrated, Overhyped And Hadn't Done Anything In His Career

Quote Originally Posted by Pugilistic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugilistic View Post
    Pavlik was overhyped by his fans.

I'm glad Hopkins took him to school. That took his fans back to reality.

I do hope the best for Pavlik in the furture though, He is a good guy and has a exciting style.
    I'm actually glad Hopkins went offensive for once. Didn't know homie why you liked Hopkins defensive style. Uhhh
    People like different styles.

Hopkins only fights defensive because of his age. In his prime he was top notch. he could do everything.

I personally don't like Hatton's style although i do like him and respect what he does.
    Correct but he fought in a way that was a joy to watch for once, not much spoiling at all, he did some great work. I always thought Bernard would win but never in such a great fashion.

I did feel bad for Kelly though and I still do when people say he is/was overrated. He has more balls than all these bashers put together.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    calzaghe is a prik, it dodged so many fighters its unreal. he wants to be undefeated like marciano. but every one knows the main reason rocky was undefeated was because he was with the mob and they influenced fights. mayweather is the only real undefeated genius. joe can fight and hes a great boxer but come on, who would you want to be if you were a superstar boxer..floyd, roy and bernard are the G.O.A.TS
    Who has Joe Calzaghe ducked ?
    Mundine!

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Markusdarkus View Post

Glen Johnson
    Carl Froch

LOL.

He was due to fight Johnson after he fought Shieka, Shieka won so Joe battered him in 3rds.

As for Froch you are kidding!! the guy is due to have his biggest fight against Jean Pascal.

Do one mate.
    Froch has been calling Calzaghe out for years. Yet Calzaghe avoids him for the great Contender bum Peter Manfredo Jr As for Johnson he's ducked him like 3 times.
    http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...28-post24.html

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Markusdarkus View Post

LOL.

He was due to fight Johnson after he fought Shieka, Shieka won so Joe battered him in 3rds.

As for Froch you are kidding!! the guy is due to have his biggest fight against Jean Pascal.

Do one mate.
    Froch has been calling Calzaghe out for years. Yet Calzaghe avoids him for the great Contender bum Peter Manfredo Jr As for Johnson he's ducked him like 3 times.
    http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...28-post24.html
    I'm a big Carl Froch fan but the truth is as of yet he has done nothing to warrent a fight with Calzaghe.

After beating Jeff Lacy Joe quite rightly wanted to make a big name for himself in America and get the mega fights over there.

To that end he took a fight with Peter Manfredo, the most popular fighter on the Contender and well known both in the US and the UK. It may have been a mismatch but as a way of getting the attention of casual American fans it obviously made smart business sense.

He then had a stay busy fight with Sakio Bika, who was coming off an aborted title shot against Marcus Beyer before challening the undefeated and double champion Mikkel Kessler in a massive and highly risky unification fight.

Finally after winning that he was a big enough name to get his mega fights and has now fought B Hop and Roy Jones Jr in successive fights.

Please tell me, all those who think he's ducking Froch, when would it have made sense to fight him?

Froch has never been on the radar for Joe Calzaghe and fo good reason.

He's completely unproven, completely unknown, has never even been in a big fight let alone won one, he offers nothing in terms of money, world titles, stateside appeal or resume so in short why the fuck would Joe have ever fought him?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I actually like Calzaghe,Topped Hopkins legit.....but here he sounds like an attention deprived toddler wearing a soggy diaper,Get em a set of plastic keys already !!!Kelly and such apparently under his skin....way to smack a guy when he's on the mat Joe.That being said...I think he will beat Jones jr.

edit,Not overrated.Two solid wins over Taylor.He was hyped up obnoxiously though.
    Last edited by Spicoli; 10-20-2008 at 11:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jones has to be the favorite against calzaghe. I'm a fan of both joe and roy. They are both old and past it, but i'll still pick roy as the one to beat.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think that Calzaghe was slightly relieved to see him beaten so soundly by B-Hop, otherwise he would have had lots of pressure to fight on past when he wanted to!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Jones is going to pull this one off he looked good vs Trinidad i know Trinidad had been out about 32 months but Roy looked good and relaxed i think had he thrown more left hooks he would have had him out of their. Roy's injury to his left bicep wouldn't have helped it was a torn bicep also i think he was holding back slightly not letting on what he had left because he knew their was a good chance of this fight happening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

calzaghe is a prik, it dodged so many fighters its unreal. he wants to be undefeated like marciano. but every one knows the main reason rocky was undefeated was because he was with the mob and they influenced fights. mayweather is the only real undefeated genius. joe can fight and hes a great boxer but come on, who would you want to be if you were a superstar boxer..floyd, roy and bernard are the G.O.A.TS

You find me one heavyweight Rocky Marciano ducked. HE beat everyone who was available. Ezzard Charles,Jersey Joe Walcott, Archie Moore, an older Joe Louis. Yes they may have been older but Rocky did not dodge anyone he fought everyone who was inline to fight for the championship. Genius Floyd Mayweather has ducked Margarito and Cotto for the last few years now. Even if he retire's undefeated until he fight's these two he has dodged them to me.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Fightfan View Post

You find me one heavyweight Rocky Marciano ducked. HE beat everyone who was available. Ezzard Charles,Jersey Joe Walcott, Archie Moore, an older Joe Louis. Yes they may have been older but Rocky did not dodge anyone he fought everyone who was inline to fight for the championship. Genius Floyd Mayweather has ducked Margarito and Cotto for the last few years now. Even if he retire's undefeated until he fight's these two he has dodged them to me.
    Well im not sure about the timeline but wasn't Ingemar Johansson, Floyd Patterson, upcoming Heavyweights when Rocky Marciano just retired ? you could make an argument that he may of avoided them. But i can't see Rocky Marciano avoiding anyone to be honest he was a warrior.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He was set fight Patterson but he lost and that was the end of it.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Glen Johnson
    Carl Froch
    Wouldn't exactly say they would be favourites if they were to fight Calzaghe at any point. I know he backed out of fighting Johnson a few times but still...

Thread Information