Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is palin more of a threat to Obama than Mccain

President Sara Palin
    Last edited by CGM; 11-02-2008 at 01:20 PM.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbig1 View Post
    If McCain wins, Move over Canada here I come.
    We don't want ya. We still remember when you called us morons for not going to Iraq and just 'believing yas' there were WMDs.
    I was not one of them. I lived in Europe so I got a taste of true freedom.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
    If McCain wins, Move over Canada here I come.
    We don't want ya. We still remember when you called us morons for not going to Iraq and just 'believing yas' there were WMDs.
    I was not one of them. I lived in Europe so I got a taste of true freedom.
    ha, yea I was just kidding. Been meaning to say that to someone for all the "I'm moving to Canada" rhetoric I've been hearing lately, and you just happen to be the lucky number.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CGM View Post
    President Sara Palin

You Canadians are really funny. Those DJs pretending to be Sarkozy, got Palin big time, she really is a spanner.
    As for Obama, not only does he have really dodgy mates such as Tony Rezco, Father Fleigher, Jeremiah Wright, Bill Ayres, and Louis Farrahkhan, now we find out is Aunty is a bloody illegal immigrant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Would you buy a used car off Barack Obama?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CGM View Post
    President Sara Palin

You Canadians are really funny. Those DJs pretending to be Sarkozy, got Palin big time, she really is a spanner.
    As for Obama, not only does he have really dodgy mates such as Tony Rezco, Father Fleigher, Jeremiah Wright, Bill Ayres, and Louis Farrahkhan, now we find out his Aunty is a bloody illegal immigrant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Would you buy a used car off Barack Obama?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[quo

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And so the Palin talk begins, 1 day after the election.

Africa, a dark and mysterious country...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWZHTJsR4Bc

El Kabong Guest

...Obama thought we had 57 states and thought Penn State's mascot was the Nittaly Lion.

Joe Biden asked a guy who he's known for a long time to stand up knowing full well he is bound to a wheelchair.

These people are going to be in power....you're 14, you're Canadian, you figure you've chosen the right side to be on and like everyone else you wish to gloat about Obama's victory. Go right ahead, this presidency will prove that how the world views us doesn't really matter, bad things will still happen and the US will get blamed for either not helping or helping too much....this happens when you are THE Super Power, something Canada will never know about...maybe if they did they would realize that not everyone can be saved and not everyone wants to be saved.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    ...Obama thought we had 57 states and thought Penn State's mascot was the Nittaly Lion.

Joe Biden asked a guy who he's known for a long time to stand up knowing full well he is bound to a wheelchair.

These people are going to be in power....you're 14, you're Canadian, you figure you've chosen the right side to be on and like everyone else you wish to gloat about Obama's victory. Go right ahead, this presidency will prove that how the world views us doesn't really matter, bad things will still happen and the US will get blamed for either not helping or helping too much....this happens when you are THE Super Power, something Canada will never know about...maybe if they did they would realize that not everyone can be saved and not everyone wants to be saved.

What does that even mean? I also don't really see why him being 14 or a Canadian has anything to do with his ability to formulate a reasonable opinion.

El Kabong Guest

There are issues that the US can't take a side on without pissing off large groups of people....Canada doesn't have this problem as they are Canada and are non-threatening.

Look at Iraq, I am sure there are a fair number of people who are happy to see Saddam gone....however that doesn't mean they are happy we are there.....if we were to leave today there would be a large group of people pissed off that we left them high and dry....if we stay then there's a large group of people pissed off that we won't leave. If we never went then there would be people waiting for something to happen to Saddam and seeing the US as the group to blame for that as we did put him in power.

So it's kind of complex...I wouldn't expect a Canadian to think about it that hard as you guys are like the Irish...loveable and harmless

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There are issues that the US can't take a side on without pissing off large groups of people....Canada doesn't have this problem as they are Canada and are non-threatening.

Look at Iraq, I am sure there are a fair number of people who are happy to see Saddam gone....however that doesn't mean they are happy we are there.....if we were to leave today there would be a large group of people pissed off that we left them high and dry....if we stay then there's a large group of people pissed off that we won't leave. If we never went then there would be people waiting for something to happen to Saddam and seeing the US as the group to blame for that as we did put him in power.

So it's kind of complex...I wouldn't expect a Canadian to think about it that hard as you guys are like the Irish...loveable and harmless

Our indigenous population would disagree with that quite strongly, but as for international imperialism, you're right, that's not really our thing (minus Afghanistan) - you guys pretty much have that market cornered anyways - and considering the size and condition of our army, that's a good thing. We'd probably make the Italian's look like the Carthagians at this point.
    Last edited by CFH; 11-09-2008 at 09:51 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post

What does that even mean? I also don't really see why him being 14 or a Canadian has anything to do with his ability to formulate a reasonable opinion.
    We're just dumb kids afterall, CFH...what do we know? Plus canadian, well, well, we must know even less.

This theme almost always makes me laugh, from Lyle, or anyone on this board who tries to use it in a debate or to make a point. Especially the age. I laugh at it because it is possibly one of the most ignorant and condescending things I continually read on these forums. I will offer an opinion also. Being over 18, you and others have proven time and again that the formation of opinion by you so called "adults" are full of bias, molded by cynicism and reek of contempt for that which you cannot understand.

I imagine an open mind must be quite a threat to an unyielding fixed thought process. So carry on I say, or should I rather say...stay put.

I predicted that shortly after the election the shit would hit the fan, and the McCain camp would start releasing details of it's fractions. The discord within. Was I wrong? What does this have to do with anything, nationality wise, age wise, anything? Not a damn thing. It simply is what it is.

You are a bigot Lyle. Not unlike others. You may not think you are, but you definately are. "Those stupid canadians are such and such... "Those unknowing british are...". "Those inexperienced kids just don't know..." I can only imagine how deep it actually goes.

big·ot (bÄ*g'É™t) Pronunciation Key
    n. One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

Real bigots can be distinguished from mere partisans or zealots by the fact that they refuse to learn alternatives even when the march of time and/or technology is threatening to obsolete the favoured tool. It is truly said "You can tell a bigot, but you can't tell him much."

El Kabong Guest

Whatever helps you sleep at night Youngblood. I do hope you realize most of the stuff I say about Canada and England is just to be funny and stir the pot a bit.

The word bigot gets thrown at me a lot....I don't mind, I expect it more often than not because I'm white and I'm from the South....that's where all bigots are located right How geographically conveniant that ALL bigots are contained in one area. Call a Southerner a toothless overall wearing moron and that is socially acceptable(not that anyone called me that in here, just using it for a point of reference)....call out a person for having extremely strong feelings in an election they can't even vote in (due to age and not being a US citizen) and I'M the bigot. Thanks for helping clear that up.

-Lyle, Saddoboxing bigot at large

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have no idea where you are from Lyle. Somewhere in the states.

And it doesn't make me sleep better at night. Because I kinda like you, and I do know you are usually using it in jest. And to stir the pot.

I think we all do it to some degree, for we will have differing perceptions based on our geographical locations. Thus affecting our experiences. And I don't mind personally being ribbed for being Canadian, and the occasional joke at my age...goodness knows I deserve it, as I give out as much if not more then anyone I know on here in terms of pressing buttons. I guess sometimes it bothers me though, the age deal, more then anything.

I didn't ask to be smart for my age. I didn't ask to be born where I am. But here I live, and I am what I am. And this goes for everyone. And so our thoughts and opinions should not be judged on thoses circumstances alone, which are beyond our control. I don't think the United States gets a fair shake either with the wide brush strokes made from people around the world. Or maybe people from the south that you elude to. I know I don't see them that way.

So maybe if it bothers you that people label you that way, then I can understand that. For I get it too, for both the same and different reasons. And maybe if we focus on doing it a bit less personally, then maybe there will be a bit less of it to go around. Then maybe our ideas will hold more merit and be taken more seriously.

Thread Information