Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: Who would you vote for?

Voters
36. This poll is closed
  • Obama

19 52.78%
  • McCain

11 30.56%
  • Shut up youngblood, Bassturd!

6 16.67%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Saddo U.S.Presidential Poll

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saddo U.S.Presidential Poll

Quote Originally Posted by CGM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RP33 View Post
    sooo am i the only american that voted on the poll so far? haha..

How do you guys know so much about US politics? If i wasn't into history like i am i wouldn't know if England had a democracy/tyranny/aristocracy/or monarchy..
    Well, the way things happen in the United States have an effect on what happens in Canada. This also works in reverse, to a much lesser extent though.

With the economy especially, US policies affect Canada, because USA is Canada's biggest trading partner. Also, Canada is at war in Afghanistan because of the US. So we have a stake.

Besides, it's only politics, it aint rocket science.
    The sad part is - rocket science is a hell of a lot easier to figure out.

Oh yeah - Gobama.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How do you guys know so much about US politics? If i wasn't into history like i am i wouldn't know if England had a democracy/tyranny/aristocracy/or monarchy..
    haha I love you yanks and your stubborn refusal to recognise any other nation on God's earth unless you are bombing the shit out of them

The world's most ethnocentric nation, I especially love reading American evangelist's interperations of the last days according to Revelation. It seems everything significant that God is going to do will take place in the good ole' US of A or involve American policy and President's. The Biblical hotbed of Israel and the Middle East is out of favour for apolyptic battles now that America has taken center stage.

But I applaud you for at least being dimly aware of another country beyond your own shores.

For the record our govornmental system is something of a hybrid but can probably best be described as a mediocrity.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Voting is just busy work for common people to make it feel like you have some part in the process...doesn't matter who you vote for it's all about who influences the electorial college the most, and guess what money is way more important than any meaningless vote. Funny how you don't get to vote on their saleries, thier raises, bail out plans (which almost every american was against yet they try and make you belive you have a say in the most powerful positon in the free world !!!! Yea right !! This time last year when people were lined up at circuit city buying new flat screens, hummers, and moving into nice big houses they couldn't afford no one wanted to "change" anything now all of the sudden america is this horrible place than needs a complete overhaul silly really...there's no such thing as rep/dem it's rich vs poor, the rich just make you think you're as much a part of this country as they are.....please. You can lock the pres in a black box and never reveal who's in there and you know what the next four years will go by all the same, i don't waste my time.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would vote for Obama,time for a change.
    Balls

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

McCain of course.

I want to say up front that if Obama should win I will accept it and support the United States. I was not a Clinton man but I wasn't wishing for his downfall either.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

UK = M15 US = CIA

That is all.

El Kabong Guest

The UK has still fucked up more places than the US....but we're trying hard to follow in your footsteps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, the way things happen in the United States have an effect on what happens in Canada. This also works in reverse, to a much lesser extent though.

With the economy especially, US policies affect Canada, because USA is Canada's biggest trading partner. Also, Canada is at war in Afghanistan because of the US. So we have a stake.

Besides, it's only politics, it aint rocket science.
    I wasn't implying that it was difficult to figure out, moreso that it's something that i wouldn't even have the inclination to figure out (the government of another country)

but what youngblood clearly states makes sense.. and answers my question..

I'm just coming from a perspective where I don't even think i've ever followed any politics in England, so it's just weird/interesting to see a different side of things..
    True enough. Here, if you watch TV or read the newspaper, you can't avoid US politics. British politics, you have to go looking for it. People in Canada are generally interested in US politics. I would imagine that Canadian politics really doesn't interest too many Americans. Just a guess.
    This is very true. I was just in Canada over the weekend (Windsor) and I always get the feeling that Canadians are bending over backwards to keep Quebec from leaving the union. Am I right?
    Oops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

haha I love you yanks and your stubborn refusal to recognise any other nation on God's earth unless you are bombing the shit out of them

The world's most ethnocentric nation, I especially love reading American evangelist's interperations of the last days according to Revelation. It seems everything significant that God is going to do will take place in the good ole' US of A or involve American policy and President's. The Biblical hotbed of Israel and the Middle East is out of favour for apolyptic battles now that America has taken center stage.

But I applaud you for at least being dimly aware of another country beyond your own shores.

For the record our govornmental system is something of a hybrid but can probably best be described as a mediocrity.
    Wait a minute--England is real? I thought it was like Fairyland or something. You sure you guys don't have wings?
    Oops

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Killface View Post

I wasn't implying that it was difficult to figure out, moreso that it's something that i wouldn't even have the inclination to figure out (the government of another country)

but what youngblood clearly states makes sense.. and answers my question..

I'm just coming from a perspective where I don't even think i've ever followed any politics in England, so it's just weird/interesting to see a different side of things..
    True enough. Here, if you watch TV or read the newspaper, you can't avoid US politics. British politics, you have to go looking for it. People in Canada are generally interested in US politics. I would imagine that Canadian politics really doesn't interest too many Americans. Just a guess.
    This is very true. I was just in Canada over the weekend (Windsor) and I always get the feeling that Canadians are bending over backwards to keep Quebec from leaving the union. Am I right?
    That's a tough call. Honestly I'm not sure whether or not the majority of Canadians bend over backwards or not to keep Quebec. They certainly get lots of concessions from the federal government. It depends on the province. Ontario would fight to keep Quebec, Alberta and to a lesser extent BC don't care that much. Myself, I think the French/English duality is one of the best parts of the country, but I can understand why the hard core separatists feel the need to have their own country in order to maintain their identity.

I remember sitting in the bar once with my friends, and we were watching on TV the tallying of the votes for the Quebecers voting on separation. They voted 50.5% to 49.5% to stay in Canada. That was more dramatic than any 7th game world series or SuperBowl, let me tell you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh, and Yobama.
    Oops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's a tough call. Honestly I'm not sure whether or not the majority of Canadians bend over backwards or not to keep Quebec. They certainly get lots of concessions from the federal government. It depends on the province. Ontario would fight to keep Quebec, Alberta and to a lesser extent BC don't care that much. Myself, I think the French/English duality is one of the best parts of the country, but I can understand why the hard core separatists feel the need to have their own country in order to maintain their identity.

I remember sitting in the bar once with my friends, and we were watching on TV the tallying of the votes for the Quebecers voting on separation. They voted 50.5% to 49.5% to stay in Canada. That was more dramatic than any 7th game world series or SuperBowl, let me tell you.
    Well Ontario is the only province I've been to. The missus and I might give serious thought to relocating there. We enjoy it every time (and the women are hot too).
    Oops

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well Ontario is the only province I've been to. The missus and I might give serious thought to relocating there. We enjoy it every time (and the women are hot too).
    If you do make the jump, drop me a line. I know a good bar in Toronto that shows all the fights.

Ontario is cool. Toronto is cosmopolitan city that has just about everything you could want in a city, and there is alo good scenery around the Great Lakes. But my heart is still in British Columbia, it can't be beat for variety and great scenery.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Look at those results...

You bunch of godless, pinko-socialst, wealth-spreading commies!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

Wait a minute--England is real? I thought it was like Fairyland or something. You sure you guys don't have wings?
    Well if we did have wings you can be assured our government would have plenty of cameras in the sky ready to ticket us if we flew too high or too fast.

We'd also have to pay an annual sky tax for the use of air and worse of all seeing as they wouldn't be able to rip us off with ridiculous fuel prices for our cars any more we would probably have to pay a massive extra tax for the right to fly at all instead of using our cars.

We'd probably end up leaving our wings at home or else risk getting them clipped because we were caught swooping dangerously in a no swoop area

Thread Information