So a while back I was listening to some music and started thinking about how many boxers have been mentioned in songs. Then I grabbed a piece of paper and started writing down the songs I knew off the top of my head where boxers are mentioned or songs about boxers.

I am NOT asking about boxers who sing or sang.

I'm talking about boxers who have been mentioned in songs OR songs that were made about boxers.

For example:

Song: Nuthin' but a G thang
Snoop Dogg: "and that's realer then Real Deal Holyfield and you hookers and hoes know how I feel"

Song: New York
Fat Joe: "'I'm bringing the 'T' back, even Roy Jones was forced to lean back"

Song: Boom Boom Mancini
Warren Zevon: "From Youngstown, Ohio, Ray "Boom Boom" Mancini A lightweight contender"

Song: Ya'll Must Have Forgot
Roy Jones: "Will there be another Roy Jones? Probably not Stopped Virgil Hill with a body shot"

This next one is not really a song but wanted to mention it anyway.

Song: Down for the count
Lennox Lewis: (Intro of the song) "One, two, three, four. Hi this is Lennox Lewis undisputed Heavyweight champion of the world"

The following is a band that goes by the name of "Explosion Nortena" they have made 2 "corridos" these corridos are very common in the Mexican music culture. Think of them as short stories with music added because they all have a subject, a begining a middle and an end. For the most part these are written about particular people. Not just anyone has a corrido written about them. Anyway.

Song: El Corrido de Julio Cesar Chavez
Explosion Nortena: "Julio Cesar voy contigo si perdemos, si ganamos"
(Julio Cesar were with you if you lose or if you win)

Song: El Corrido de Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
Explosion Nortena: "Creian que hera de momento, lo que nunca se fijaron es que es de nacimiento"
(Everyone thought it was just the moment, but what no ones noticed is that he was born with it)

Song: The finer things
Kanye West: "the drama is so intising, I might just bite a muthafucker like Tyson"

Theres also another band this one an American one by the name of Sun Kil Moon in a 2003 album titled "Ghosts of the great Highway" they pretty much wrote the album with regards to boxers. There's mention of Ali, Liston, Paret also. But 3 boxers in particular had 3 songs written about them. One for each boxer.

Song: Salvador Sanchez
Sun Kil Moom: "Salvador Sanchez arrived and vanished only 23 with so much speed owning the highway"

Song: Duk Koo Kim
Sun Kil Moon: "the boy from Seoul was hanging in good but the pounding
took to him and there in the square he lay alone without face without crown and the angel who looked upon never came down"
(This song is actually 14 min. long which is in regards to 14 rounds he fought vs. Mancini)

Song: Pancho Villa
Sun Kil Moon: "Pancho Villa would never rest until 1925 he closed his eyes"

Alright so does anyone else know of any songs where boxers are mentioned or songs written about boxers?
Please post the name of the song and the lyrics.