Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  419
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
Page 161 of 311 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211261 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 4665

Thread: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post
    Loved Django Unchained. Really good film, and Christoph Waltz is spectacular. Dicaprio does well too.

SHouldn't have drunk beer beforehand....peed three times during the film.
    Did you see when DiCaprios hand started bleeding all of a sudden when he has that skull? It wasn't in the script he just broke a glass and cut his hand but they kept rolling. I was wondering where the blood had come from when I watched it!

Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I saw him smash the glass, but I didn't know that he'd done it accidentally. Impressive stuff from Leo.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watched the Fighter, Bale is brilliant, what a brilliant actor. Ward was never losing to Neary in real life.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Man with the Iron Fists - co-written by RZA with Eli Roth (Hostel fame) and directed by RZA and starred RZA too.

Normally this type of movie is in my wheelhouse. But something didn't seem right about it. It had Cung Le and cameo appearances by Ka Yan Leung (aka Bryan Leung Ka Yan aka Beardy - oldschool Shaw Brothers bearded muscle-bound MAist - probably best known to the West as Leung Jan in Warriors Two) and Chen Kuan Tai (original Iron Monkey and original The Flying Guillotine amongst others, one of the big stars of Shaw Brothers back in the 1970's). Had cutie Jaime Chung and not a huge fan of Lucy Liu, but she's in it too.

Had Russell Crowe - haven't watched him in a movie since Gladiator i think, in this movie, he ballooned. Not sure if it's prostethics or real life he gained weight.
    Had David Bautista as Brass Body. The effects were cool when his body changed from human flesh to brass. Reminded me of X-Men's Colossus.

Lots of the characters were inspired from movies like The Kid with the Golden Arms - title, character names/abilities.

Wacked weapons, some cool... some totally wacked. Homage to the 1970's-1980's oldschool movies, but for me, who usually love these types of movies, it just was off. Kept watching thinking it may get better for me. Perhaps need to rewatch it with no distractions but my initial recommendation is to pass on this.

Finally saw Looper. Heard a lot of hype about it from friends who said it was very very good. I liked it a whole lot. It dragged in the 2nd act a little. Overall i would reco it but comparing it to the last GREAT movie i saw, Drive, it didn't compare. In my book, Drive > Looper. I love both genres, and don't get me wrong, Looper was a GOOD movie, it wasn't great for me. Cool concept.

One question for Looper fans - how did Cid's mom know about Loopers? When Young Joe shows up at her farm, he tries to explain it to her, thinking she won't believe/understand, but she blurted out something like 'you're a looper'.

Not sure if this franchise is a one-off, but potential is there to have sequels with either Young Joe in action or Old Joe in action.
    "A good stickgrappler has good stick skills, good grappling, & good stickgrappling & can keep track of all 3 simultaneously. This is a good trick & can be quite effective." - Marc 'Crafty Dog' Denny

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Django Unchained...big too long but v good movie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Last movie I saw is also the best~ Mr Smith Goes To Washington.

You can keep your formulaic blockbusters and your car chases and explosions, this is the best movie Ive ever seen in my life. Freakin awesome.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Django was really good, as a big spaghetti/western/Tarantino fan I thought I might be disappointed but wasn't. Full of memorable scenes. Well worth seeing again.

Alex Cross - utter shit.

Drive - by far the best film i've seen in ages. Really glad I knew nothing about it before viewing. If you like quirky drama/thrillers
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Django was really good, as a big spaghetti/western/Tarantino fan I thought I might be disappointed but wasn't. Full of memorable scenes. Well worth seeing again.

Alex Cross - utter shit.

Drive - by far the best film i've seen in ages. Really glad I knew nothing about it before viewing. If you like quirky drama/thrillers
    Drive is such an awesome film one of my favorites!
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mattboxingfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Drive is such an awesome film one of my favorites!

as witness by your cool av! lol
    "A good stickgrappler has good stick skills, good grappling, & good stickgrappling & can keep track of all 3 simultaneously. This is a good trick & can be quite effective." - Marc 'Crafty Dog' Denny

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Movie 43 - Some seriously funny bits, some ordinary, some really dark. The computer kids could have been fucked off out of it I reckon.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let's see...

THE IMPOSIBLE - A MUST SEE FILM. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THIS FILM TO EVERYONE. IT'S BASED ON TRUE STORY. JUST WATCH IT.

Here comes the boom - It's worth the watch at home. Has some really funny bits. You'll enjoy it.

For a Good Time Call - This shit is fucken hilarious. I really wasn't expecting to enjoy this movie as much as I did. It's def one to see.

This is 40 - It's worth the watch at home. I guess since it's like a spin off of "Knocked Up" I was expecting to laugh as much and as loud and it just wasn't the case. But you will enjoy it.

Gangster Squad - Must see. Fucken awesome film. Thouroughly enjoyed it from begining to end.

Silver Linings Playbook - It's not really my cup of tea if I'm honest. But I somewhat enjoyed the film. It had some really interesting moments and I think both Cooper & Lawrence do a great acting job.

Chinese Zodiac - I fucken love Jackie Chans films and this is supposeably his last one. I enjoyed it as much as I do most of his films. Great scenes and some amazing stunts.

Quote Originally Posted by mattboxingfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swboxer81 View Post
    DJANGO. Watched it last night at the movies! Bloody brilliant! Tarantino has calmed down a litttle from Kill Bill but still crazy blood and fight scenes!
    Yeah was a good flick. I like how every time someone gets shot they explode with blood!
    Haven't gotten around to see this... Hopefully this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post
    Life of Pi
    Such a fantastic film.
    I was a bit slow on the uptake though. It actually took me 2 days to suddenly get the bit about the Tiger in the Japanese report
    Haven't gotten around to see this either hopefully in the coming weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickgrappler View Post
    watched last night Joseph Gordon Levitt in Premium Rush - he's a nyc bike messenger, one of the best... espouses no brakes cos it will be the death of the rider, he has a special type of bike where it has no brakes and the pedals must keep turning. he has a pickup up at like Columbia University in 119th street or so. Has about 90 mins to deliver to downtown Chinatown. Along the way, he is chased by a police detective who wants as well as cop on bicycle.

Pretty suspenseful movie, watched it with my kids but warning, it was no sex, just like 2 kissing scenes, but plenty of foul language... my kids are old enough and they know some of the words but i try not to let them watch movies like that.

I highly reco this movie!

p.s. after JGL in Inception, huge fan. so I may have been a little biased in this review although i don't think so. think it's a cool story well-done on all fronts.
    Played around with this film, had set it up to see it and then something came up and I didn't. Then again was getting ready to watch it. Took a shower laid down in bed just briefly and fell asleep.
    Now that I read your short review it's given me a little push here to watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Movie 43 - Some seriously funny bits, some ordinary, some really dark. The computer kids could have been fucked off out of it I reckon.
    Was tempted to see it last week but passed on it...
    Will wait until I find a decent upload online.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Annapolis- Not a bad movie, I thought Tyrese was pretty good in this tbh

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo- Good movie, I think I want to read the books now.

Avenging Eagle- decent martial arts flick

The Usual Suspects- One of my favorites.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Django

Excellent movie with fantastic dialogue
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I saw Avatar in 3D for the first time in 3D. I had watched it on my old TV without the cutesy 3D and thought it was alright. This time on the 3D screen I thought visually it was a treat, but the story was lacking. James Cameron cannot write a script which can hold my sardonic tongue at bay and the score just irritated me. And what is it with the hippy overtones and hands together carry on? I find it incredible that this lowly grunt has become the leader of an alien race, transformed his entire character, learned their language, and masterminded a counterattack against his own species in a couple of months. It just galled me with its simplistic carry on. It is stamped with Titanic syndrome, though I think Titanic is a superior film.

After that I rewatched Toy Story 3 and was reminded that there was actually a film that could warm my frosted over heart. Okay, not as visually flash as Avatar, but with a story that made complete sense in its own universe and did actually reach me on an emotional level. There is a lot of deceptive maturity in a film like Toy Story 3. That is how to write a script.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    After that I rewatched Toy Story 3 and was reminded that there was actually a film that could warm my frosted over heart. Okay, not as visually flash as Avatar, but with a story that made complete sense in its own universe and did actually reach me on an emotional level. There is a lot of deceptive maturity in a film like Toy Story 3. That is how to write a script.
    Agreed the Toy Story films works on many levels. My kids loved them as much as I loved them!

Thread Information