Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  419
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
Page 184 of 311 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194234284 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 4665

Thread: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    Olympus has Fallen, just watched it on Netflix. fell asleep twice.
    I figured that would be the case since the fucking trailer was basically just Gerard Butler yell/whispering "Olympus has fallen!" into a walkie talkie....also MSNBC's Chris Matthews had Butler on so when you're promoting a movie on MSNBC you KNOW it sucks!

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watching Matt Damon The Adjustment Bureau it is very good.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The last days on mars - was ok, worth a watch
    Cold Heart and a Weak Mind

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I watched Olympus Has Fallen not long ago. I knew it would be utter shit just by the synopsis. I watched it all the way through to punish myself though.

12 Years a Slave - No Django's in this. Great film. I'd have gone berserk and cut all the white cunts throats if I was in his situation but whatever. Lyle will despise it.
    Was ok, felt sorry for the chick wanting soap Django was and more brutal

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    MUST SEE MOVIES...
    All 3 are must see films.

Dallas Buyers Club -
    Jared & Matthew put on the performance of their lives. It's an amazing story with great acting.

Wolf of Wall Street - I know most of you homophobic fuck faces probably don't like him cuz your wive's think of him while you fuck her but he goes above and beyond in this film probably his best work to date.

American Hustle - Holy shit... What a film. The soundtrack is fucken great as well. Just great all around.

Between these 3 we better see best actor, best supporting actor, best actress, best supporting actress and best picture.

Best Actor: DiCaprio in Wolf of Wall Street
    Best Supporting Actor: Jared in Dallas Buyers Club
    Best Supporting Actress: Amy Adams
    Best Picture: American Hustle
    DBC was a good story but the other two were crap
    Cold Heart and a Weak Mind

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Was last night.

Documentary.

Named is Amanda Knox Guilty.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I watched a film I had no idea about called The Help. It was about coloured maids in the 1960's who worked with a young writer to spill the beans on how they had been treated by their bosses through a book. I actually really enjoyed it and thought it was very well constructed. To be a person of colour in the Southern states in the 1960's was probably really horrible. A bunch of phoney white women too bone idle to even look after their own children talking gibberish about not being able to share toilets with their maids who 'spread diseases'. Oh, to be free in the 1960's! The man works all day, the maid cleans, cooks and cares for the kids all day, and the 'Christian' middle class women meanwhile are doing bugger all. Such Christian people having the decency to employ these former slaves. Such enlightened times.

It's a good film, well written, structured etc, and considering that I have no empathy, I liked the central characters a lot. 'Eat my shit' is a delightful line.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just watched the kid film starring Bruce Willis made in 2000. He is an unhappy and disliked image consultant who gets a second shot at life when an eight year old version of himself mysteriously appears. It is funny.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What colour were these maids then Miles?
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watched Seven Pounds starring will smith and it was beautiful. He is very under rated actor and done some great films.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Thai film - The Gangster (2012)

My post has 'spoilers' but for the type of movie this is, not really a spoiler IMO

Antapal (2012) - IMDb

The Gangster aka "Antapal" (2012) (from the producers of Ong Bak 2 and Chocolate)

"Bangkok in the 1950s. Jod and his friend Daeng are fearless aspiring gangsters. Their ability in street fight have them hired by a local gang and admired by all. But as years go by, this violent lifestyle is more and more difficult for Jod. He tries to avoid violence when he can but is soon put aside by more violent youngsters."

Worth a watch if you like watching gangster films. I watched it subbed. Elvis and James Dean are revered in 1950's Bangkok. Many of the gangsters dress like them with the slicked hair as well as the sunglasses. Like good gangster films, you see the rise of the protagonist from their lowly beginnings to the height of their glory/power and then the eventual slide down when everything comes crumbling down. It's a Thai film, it will never be great like Hollywood's Goodfellas or Scarface, but it's a good film IMO.

Stylish at times, very bloody and violent at times. Not for the faint of heart or kids and/or significant others who will nag you all night cos you watched a violent and bloody movie with them.

Not bad, not great, but good film. What made it different for me and interesting, was the intersplicing of interviews with older folks, like a documentary, the older folks are presumably surviors of the period and/or witnesses. Nice touch, but i can see how other viewers may be turned off by these 'interruptions'.

Side note: i have an ongoing project for my site of making animated GIFs of the Balisong knife aka Butterfly knife, in movies and tv. I was pleasantly surprised when the balisong was used in this film!

Enjoy!

4 more GIFs here:

http://www.stickgrappler.net/2014/02/the-balisong-knife-in-movies-gangster.html
    "A good stickgrappler has good stick skills, good grappling, & good stickgrappling & can keep track of all 3 simultaneously. This is a good trick & can be quite effective." - Marc 'Crafty Dog' Denny

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post
    I originally said black, but then went back over my post as apparently you aren't supposed to say that anymore. Is an orange not orange? Political correctness will change an entire vocabulary if we are not careful and I suppose the best way to resist is to not be careful. I was careful and shame on me considering that I am never careful when it comes to most things (which also gets me told off on here sometimes).

Today I watched The Hustler which was a tremendous film. Paul Newman plays the pool shark who is kamikaze and blase with his talent, but he eventually learns to control himself and be the best after having his thumbs broken and his girlfriend kill herself.

I have explained it very poorly, but I am lazy. It is much more intricate and cleverly woven than my one sentence precise above indicates.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post
    I originally said black, but then went back over my post as apparently you aren't supposed to say that anymore. Is an orange not orange? Political correctness will change an entire vocabulary if we are not careful and I suppose the best way to resist is to not be careful. I was careful and shame on me considering that I am never careful when it comes to most things (which also gets me told off on here sometimes).

Today I watched The Hustler which was a tremendous film. Paul Newman plays the pool shark who is kamikaze and blase with his talent, but he eventually learns to control himself and be the best after having his thumbs broken and his girlfriend kill herself.

I have explained it very poorly, but I am lazy. It is much more intricate and cleverly woven than my one sentence precise above indicates.
    Hustler is a great film and Paul Newman was brilliant in it.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Last night I was obliged to watch The Heat. Toilet film about some female cops, ok so I laughed during couple of moments of weakness. Its got Sandra Bullock and the fat tart from the Hen party thing where they all get the shits.

I was all set to hate it from start to finish but then out of nowhere (not exactly true, I would have known if I'd paid attention at the start) Biff Tannen pops up as the Captain of the Boston Police force. OK so he's got a proper name, Thomas something if I recall but he actually is Biff. Made my night.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Last night I was obliged to watch The Heat. Toilet film about some female cops, ok so I laughed during couple of moments of weakness. Its got Sandra Bullock and the fat tart from the Hen party thing where they all get the shits.

I was all set to hate it from start to finish but then out of nowhere (not exactly true, I would have known if I'd paid attention at the start) Biff Tannen pops up as the Captain of the Boston Police force. OK so he's got a proper name, Thomas something if I recall but he actually is Biff. Made my night.
    Biff from Back to the Future? No Way!!!!!

Thread Information