Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  419
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
Page 187 of 311 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197237287 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 4665

Thread: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Watched Turbo at the cinema and it had some good music for the adults like Queen and some rap.

Watched old school on BBC3 which was very funny where three friends attempt to recapture their glory days by opening up a fraternity. It stars Luke Wilson, Vince Vaughn, Will Ferrell
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Turbo was awesome! despite it being a generic story we see from disney and pixar etc, still pretty well-done. my kids and i loved it
    "A good stickgrappler has good stick skills, good grappling, & good stickgrappling & can keep track of all 3 simultaneously. This is a good trick & can be quite effective." - Marc 'Crafty Dog' Denny

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I watched 'Who's afraid of Virginia Woolf' and I have to say that it was one of the most messed up things I have ever seen. It's a very good film, but it's very painful viewing. Burton and Taylor are so malevolent and cruel towards one another. You would think by that age the characters would have started to chill a little, but they are brutal and in turn rip to shreds anything they cross and in the process shred themselves. Speaking of age you would never think Elizabeth Taylor was on the shy side of her 30's, she looks old. She aged so quickly. Burton of course was older, but being a man, time looked more tenderly upon him and he had a lovely voice. She didn't.

They play games with one another which are cruel and twisted, and they spin them around and draw in others just so that they can open up weaknesses and prey upon them too. Taylor's character seems to be a bit of a slut and Burton's an arch liar and manipulator. I don't like their ways and so really would have walked out in minutes with my jacket unsoiled. None of the characters come across very well. That is the trouble with plenty of people working in Universities, they have a lot of fancy words in their silly fiefdoms, but they are not very decent people. They keep their jobs by appeasing whatever needs to be appeased. They are like journalists in that regard.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Compliance - Film about a prank caller who calls a fictional fast food joint and claims one of the staff is a thief then convinces the rest of the team to humiliate her. Based on real events

Strip search phone call scam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It was a shit film but I had to keep watching to see just how thick as pig shit some people can be.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thor 2 - OK film to watch with the kids, decent action. Didn't make a lot of sense. Avengers assemble, Loki tries to take over Earth and they go at him mob handed and fuck him up and send him back to Palestine or whatever it is. Some cunt then tries to destroy all 9 realms at the same time and Thor has to deal with it all by himself, no sign of hulk, iron man etc. The division of labour amongst the avengers is pathetic!!
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watching Company Men starring Ben Afleck and Tommy Lee, I like it. The waste by private/corporate companies at the expense of the common man is disgusting.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watched step brother starring Will Ferrell, it is crazy funny and stupid.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I watched 'Who's afraid of Virginia Woolf' and I have to say that it was one of the most messed up things I have ever seen. It's a very good film, but it's very painful viewing. Burton and Taylor are so malevolent and cruel towards one another. You would think by that age the characters would have started to chill a little, but they are brutal and in turn rip to shreds anything they cross and in the process shred themselves. Speaking of age you would never think Elizabeth Taylor was on the shy side of her 30's, she looks old. She aged so quickly. Burton of course was older, but being a man, time looked more tenderly upon him and he had a lovely voice. She didn't.

They play games with one another which are cruel and twisted, and they spin them around and draw in others just so that they can open up weaknesses and prey upon them too. Taylor's character seems to be a bit of a slut and Burton's an arch liar and manipulator. I don't like their ways and so really would have walked out in minutes with my jacket unsoiled. None of the characters come across very well. That is the trouble with plenty of people working in Universities, they have a lot of fancy words in their silly fiefdoms, but they are not very decent people. They keep their jobs by appeasing whatever needs to be appeased. They are like journalists in that regard.
    Done a lot of Journalism have you ? Actually met any Journalists? Or are you just wielding that wide brush again?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post

Done a lot of Journalism have you ? Actually met any Journalists? Or are you just wielding that wide brush again?
    I have worked in the tertiary sector and I have read a lot of journalism and read beyond, but I speak mainly of my experience working at Universities. I know the kinds of people that do these jobs. I have worked with them, read them, others know them. I would extend it to banking, politics, and most areas of life. Being correct and proper will not help you. I know how these fields work and I think you do too. It isn't blanket fold and there are good people anywhere, but there are a mountain of shits to wade through. Many of them are looking for their retirement and pension and for many of these jobs it is who you know too. I speak from experience when it comes to Universities and when it comes to journalists and mainly those I read. It isn't a great leap to jump fields.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have worked in the tertiary sector and I have read a lot of journalism and read beyond, but I speak mainly of my experience working at Universities. I know the kinds of people that do these jobs. I have worked with them, read them, others know them. I would extend it to banking, politics, and most areas of life. Being correct and proper will not help you. I know how these fields work and I think you do too. It isn't blanket fold and there are good people anywhere, but there are a mountain of shits to wade through. Many of them are looking for their retirement and pension and for many of these jobs it is who you know too. I speak from experience when it comes to Universities and when it comes to journalists and mainly those I read. It isn't a great leap to jump fields.
    With respect. Big huge swinging bollocks. My father in law used to work in Fleet street and my Grandfather was an editor you could not find more honest , forthright open minded people. Working at Universities is nothing like Journalism. I work at several Universities and have lectured several teachers and lecturers at Universities and most of them have no idea of what it takes to be freelancing and working in the real world. Have you got another job yet or have you gone back to University to appease whoever needs to be appeased ?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

With respect. Big huge swinging bollocks. My father in law used to work in Fleet street and my Grandfather was an editor you could not find more honest , forthright open minded people. Working at Universities is nothing like Journalism. I work at several Universities and have lectured several teachers and lecturers at Universities and most of them have no idea of what it takes to be freelancing and working in the real world. Have you got another job yet or have you gone back to University to appease whoever needs to be appeased ?
    I don't doubt that there are many good journalists, but looking at the press freedom rankings my arguments have credence. We are in dangerous times. University professors are, like in media needing to say the right things to protect their interests.

No, I haven't got a job right now either. I'm not sure I want to jump back into that. Instead, I am taking time out to the learn the language properly and to be a good immigrant. Paid for by the diligence of my own efforts too. Everyday I study 3 hours, regardless of condition. I am getting better, so maybe I should thank you for calling me a crap immigrant.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watched the Other Guys, Will Ferrell and it was hilarious. The scene where Rock and Samuel Jackson jump off the building and his partner fancying his wife Eve Mendez is funny.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watched hot tub time machine which was funny going back to 1986 my favourite year of my life.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Watched hot tub time machine which was funny going back to 1986 my favourite year of my life.
    Great White Buffalo..........Great White Buffalo

I watched Friday The 13th Part 7 .....meh....not one of my favorites, but fun enough.

The Punisher 1989 starring Dolph Lundgren & Louis Gosset Jr. ....ridiculous

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I watched Babel staring Brad Pit, it was rubbish.

Thread Information