Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  419
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
Page 233 of 311 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 4665

Thread: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Just saw this movie called life with jake gylenhal or however u spell his name. Jake is a liberal prick but an excellent actor. It's sci fi takes place in the international space station. They retrieve a sample of dirt from mars which they found to contain the first life outside of earth. They try to keep the thing from getting back to earth. It's a familiar plot but done very nicely. The ending is really fucked up. Highly recommended I give it the walrus seal of approval which is rare as we walrus hate seals as they are a bigger attraction at the zoo than us.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Just saw this movie called life with jake gylenhal or however u spell his name. Jake is a liberal prick but an excellent actor. It's sci fi takes place in the international space station. They retrieve a sample of dirt from mars which they found to contain the first life outside of earth. They try to keep the thing from getting back to earth. It's a familiar plot but done very nicely. The ending is really fucked up. Highly recommended I give it the walrus seal of approval which is rare as we walrus hate seals as they are a bigger attraction at the zoo than us.
    Life was a cracking film.

It didn't pretend to be anything other than what it was, the crew made some stupid fucking decisions and there was some nice deaths in it and the alien was really cool for the first 2/3 of the film then they fucked it up massively.

I'm watching Ghost Story with Casey Afleck at the moment, it's really good, arty and actually quite sad.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A Street Cat Named Bob was a film about the life of a homeless London street musician and recovering drug addict and how a stray ginger cat changes his life around. Good real story film.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watched Southern Fury set down South, about 2 brothers and how one brother becomes a success despite the tough upbringing and help from his older brother. Nicolas Cage plays the bad guy and the film editing of the violence make the film look good.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jawbone. I just didn't like it. It's a boxing movie so I'm straight away in it's corner. But the whole thing for me was a bit shit, but apparently everyone loves it.

I couldn't get behind the main character because we'll, he was a prick. He wasn't even a decent alchy, just a bit shouty.

The fight scenes, didn't like them. It was unlicensed and apparently a bit lively, that translated into a half a headbutt and an opponent who had no idea how to fight.

Throwing Ray Winstone and Ian McShane at a project adds some weight, but it was still crap.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Jawbone. I just didn't like it. It's a boxing movie so I'm straight away in it's corner. But the whole thing for me was a bit shit, but apparently everyone loves it.

I couldn't get behind the main character because we'll, he was a prick. He wasn't even a decent alchy, just a bit shouty.

The fight scenes, didn't like them. It was unlicensed and apparently a bit lively, that translated into a half a headbutt and an opponent who had no idea how to fight.

Throwing Ray Winstone and Ian McShane at a project adds some weight, but it was still crap.
    Agreed I thought it was shite... well maybe not shite but it was extremely bland

El Kabong Guest

'Night of The Hunter' starring Robert Mitchum as crooked Preacher Harry Powell.
    Spoiler for movie released in 1955
    ...the movie is very well done, the character of Rev. Harry Powell is excellent, he's truly scary.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Have been watching Ken Burns The Vietnam war series and really surprised at the depth and big picture background. It gives The Ten Thousand day war released in the early 80's a solid run.
    Awesome is an incredibly overused word in your part of the world but this documentary was awesome. Some of the stories were breathtaking. I'm going to watch this again at some point in the future.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Have been watching Ken Burns The Vietnam war series and really surprised at the depth and big picture background. It gives The Ten Thousand day war released in the early 80's a solid run.
    Awesome is an incredibly overused word in your part of the world but this documentary was awesome. Some of the stories were breathtaking. I'm going to watch this again at some point in the future.
    Overall it really punched you in the gut. Finally caught the last episodes in order and just great perspective from all involved. Shot with the perfect chronological mix and personal stories. 50 yrs really isn't that long ago and when you talk to someone there it seriously humbles you to the core.

also caught The Big Short on Netflix. Nice change of pace though bit off balance.

El Kabong Guest

Canada, you have some explaining to do....

'Rock'n'Roll Nightmare' starring John-Mikl Thor who is very Canadian and looks like Eddie Van Halen on steroids

So Rockstar JM Thor takes his band 'Tritonz' to a farm for rest and relaxation and sex and working on a new album....only the devil lives at this farm and he sends his 1 eyed monsters (yes literally) to murder all of Thor's bandmates, their girlfriends, their fans (there were like 4), his girlfriend, and finally him....and once Satan reveals himself Thor tells him....well he calls him "Bub" a nickname he gave the Devil a play off of "Beelzebub " (sooooo fucking Canadian ) anywho Thor tells "Bub" that all his friends and their girlfriends, and the fans, and his girlfriend were all a dream, a figment of Thor's imagination which is so strong it had brought them to life......odd part about that is just before this final fight scene Thor spent like half an hour in the shower making love to his grey toothed Canadian woman (all of the women had grey teeth) and also Thos was apparently "The archangel Triton" (not sure if I recall one named Triton)....according to Catholicism there are 7 archangels: Michael, Gabriel, Raphael, Phanuel, Selaphiel (Salathiel), Jegudiel (Jehudiel), Barachiel, and sometimes an eighth Jerahmeel (Jeremiel)....so yeah no Triton that I can find.

Well yeah that was that, next up: 1942 Val Lewton's 'Cat People' .....classic horror.
    Last edited by El Kabong; 10-13-2017 at 05:34 AM.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a good documentary but really on the "how fucked up it was" not really touching on the guys who were proud to serve. They also neglected to mention all the South Korean troops serving in Vietnam @Gandalf

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anybody see the new It yet I'm hearing very good things may go see it

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anybody see the new It yet I'm hearing very good things may go see it
    Batman had, look back at his thread.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a good documentary but really on the "how fucked up it was" not really touching on the guys who were proud to serve. They also neglected to mention all the South Korean troops serving in Vietnam @Gandalf
    For a documentary version of how the financial crisis happened watch Inside Job. I just checked and there's a nice YIFY version to download although it may even be on Netflix in your part of the world.

There are longer versions of these two interviews at the end of the film.

It's worth watching just for them.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They did well to show distinction between guys joining early and rallying for what turned out to be a pile of BS escalation and 'just cause' and post Tet offensive and rise of returning vets, protesters and Washington insiders turning against it. The Company commander, name escapes me, who reenlisted to take place of his brother to return to unit in 68 and find all draftees just counting the days and open air of decent and zero faith in stated "goals" and political leadership. For many their pride was trampled and trashed not by their own boots but they are very much proud men. Collectively this Country failed the Vietnam veteran prior, during and far to long after the war.

Thread Information