Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  418
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
Page 245 of 311 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255295 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,675 of 4664

Thread: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Do not know why Marvel kick DC's ass when it comes to movies?
    Because DC has only 1 excellent Superhero who has the market cornered on awesome villains.....Batman who has: The Joker, Riddler, Penguin, Catwoman, Rhas Al Ghoul, etc. Other than that Superman is the modern day equivalent to Diomedes there's no villain evil enough, deadly enough, dangerous enough to really put him in peril. The Marvel Comic heroes have flaws if not in personality than in strength or speed or smarts. Superman is a SUPER-MAN so other than being disguised as a nerd with no personality he's damn near perfect....too perfect.

Superman should really be the baddy and Lex Luthor should be the guy saving the day, because at the end of the day it's more impressive that Lex can hang with Superman than vice versa.

By the by, Diomedes is the Greek/Roman hero you never hear about because unlike Achilles he's not vulnerable and like Hercules he's strong enough to injure gods sooooo yeah Superman = Diomedes. It's not a fair fight to pit him against a mortal the dude injures gods......dude, gods.
    I love my Greek mythology and can say I never heard of Diomedes but reading up on him he is like Kratos - God of War. Brilliant summary by the way.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

I love my Greek mythology and can say I never heard of Diomedes but reading up on him he is like Kratos - God of War. Brilliant summary by the way.
    I have my moments

Also get this Superman is always Superman unlike how Bruce Wayne is only Batman when he's in the get up. When Superman is playing the character of Clark Kent he's still got the abilities of Superman and again his ONLY weakness is kryptonite which ain't the easiest thing to find....Batman on the other hand has several weaknesses because he's human, you're able to relate to him, he has feelings, emotions, flaws, HUMAN flaws.

And then you look at the other characters: Wonder Woman, meh she's ok I guess who is her enemy and why? Green Lantern has a special ring and ________ , The Flash is super fast and his archenemy is The Reverse Flash , The Spectre , The Atom again , Aquaman , Hawkman, Martian Manhunter, Supergirl, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Static, Starfire, Cyborg....unrelatable characters for most folks.

Other characters for Marvel....The X-Men relatable to anyone who feels like an outcast and for any reason and if you don't relate to them then you relate to Magneto and his crew OR the humans and government but nobody relates to the humans and government in those comics. The Hulk, super strong and his anger gets the better of him most times (relatable much?) Wolverine is essentially the Hulk in moodiness and emotional flaws but the main case for him being relatable is he's small (supposed to be small) he takes a beating most times and will take a BELIEVABLE loss from time to time as it deepens the emotional aspect of his character. Captain America fights the Red Skull to keep Nazis at bay....very relatable, very American. Daredevil is actually handicapped but still a superhero VULNERABLE, Black Panther is extremely Afrocentric but that's just a PART of the character the Black Panther as an animal (in Africa a Black or melanistic Leopard in this case, Jaguar would be South American) has a symbolism of it's own and the character is able to embody those characteristics. Leopards are strong and intelligent and persevere. A leopard/Black Panther may not be the biggest cat in the jungle or in the plains, it might not be the most deadly, but it not only survives it thrives and among a sea of villains looking to take it down cheetahs, lions, hyenas, hippos, crocodiles, etc. Danger is around every corner and the Black Panther is capable enough and well rounded enough to handle all comers but it's a FAIR FIGHT typically if ganged up on Black panther would have to use his wits, if out muscled he can use speed, if too slow then he can use strength.

Comics especially the heroes and villains need to have meaning, they need to tie into everyday life, they need to be something you feel a connection with.

Also Batman is a rip off of The Shadow which could be an amazing character again, but c'est la guerre

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Finally had a chance to see 'Tommy'. Big left hooker Tommy not the Deaf dumb and Blind boy 'Tommy'.

Lots of career footage of Morrison early on I had not seen before. His final vids at his end were real gut punches. For all his inner turmoil amazing he kept rebooting career.

Went right through 'Defenders' on Netflix. Solid Marvel mash up of less known characters.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Several I've watched during the past month:

The Shape of Water (2017)

2/10 It was truly awful. Why in seven hells did it win Best Picture?

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (2017)

3/10 Why are they giving out Academy Awards for bad movies?

Voice from the Stone (2017)

7/10 Although much of it was probably a bit slow for some, it became more interesting toward the end. Nice cinematography and a very good performance from Emilia Clarke.

Our Man in Havana (1959)

8/10 Well-written script, some fine acting by Alex Guinness.

I, Tonya (2017)

8/10 Interesting story, excellent performance by Margot Robbie.

Alien Covenant (2017)

4/10 Nothing new in this one at all - just more of the same. The Alien series needs some new ideas.

The Big Sleep (1978)

7/10 Fairly interesting crime thriller.

The Day of the Jackal (1973)

7/10 Frederick Forsyth wrote some very good suspense thriller novels. Although this one became a bit too predictable near the end, overall it was an interesting story, with decent acting and direction.
    Last edited by Freedom; 04-04-2018 at 12:30 AM.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Finally watched Spiderman Homecomming and it was very funny. It has a lot of potential villains in the film, Mr Negative, Tinkerer, Scorpion and it had Miles Morales uncle in it so the new Spiderman could be in another film.

I think they are making a Venom movie too.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    I have my moments

Also get this Superman is always Superman unlike how Bruce Wayne is only Batman when he's in the get up. When Superman is playing the character of Clark Kent he's still got the abilities of Superman and again his ONLY weakness is kryptonite which ain't the easiest thing to find....Batman on the other hand has several weaknesses because he's human, you're able to relate to him, he has feelings, emotions, flaws, HUMAN flaws.

And then you look at the other characters: Wonder Woman, meh she's ok I guess who is her enemy and why? Green Lantern has a special ring and ________ , The Flash is super fast and his archenemy is The Reverse Flash , The Spectre , The Atom again , Aquaman , Hawkman, Martian Manhunter, Supergirl, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Static, Starfire, Cyborg....unrelatable characters for most folks.

Other characters for Marvel....The X-Men relatable to anyone who feels like an outcast and for any reason and if you don't relate to them then you relate to Magneto and his crew OR the humans and government but nobody relates to the humans and government in those comics. The Hulk, super strong and his anger gets the better of him most times (relatable much?) Wolverine is essentially the Hulk in moodiness and emotional flaws but the main case for him being relatable is he's small (supposed to be small) he takes a beating most times and will take a BELIEVABLE loss from time to time as it deepens the emotional aspect of his character. Captain America fights the Red Skull to keep Nazis at bay....very relatable, very American. Daredevil is actually handicapped but still a superhero VULNERABLE, Black Panther is extremely Afrocentric but that's just a PART of the character the Black Panther as an animal (in Africa a Black or melanistic Leopard in this case, Jaguar would be South American) has a symbolism of it's own and the character is able to embody those characteristics. Leopards are strong and intelligent and persevere. A leopard/Black Panther may not be the biggest cat in the jungle or in the plains, it might not be the most deadly, but it not only survives it thrives and among a sea of villains looking to take it down cheetahs, lions, hyenas, hippos, crocodiles, etc. Danger is around every corner and the Black Panther is capable enough and well rounded enough to handle all comers but it's a FAIR FIGHT typically if ganged up on Black panther would have to use his wits, if out muscled he can use speed, if too slow then he can use strength.

Comics especially the heroes and villains need to have meaning, they need to tie into everyday life, they need to be something you feel a connection with.

Also Batman is a rip off of The Shadow which could be an amazing character again, but c'est la guerre
    Could you pair please stop talking about me as if I wasn't here, it's incredibly rude

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Several I've watched during the past month:

The Shape of Water (2017)

2/10 It was truly awful. Why in seven hells did it win Best Picture?

The Big Sleep (1978)

7/10 Fairly interesting crime thriller.

The Day of the Jackal (1973)

7/10 Frederick Forsyth wrote some very good suspense thriller novels. Although this one became a bit too predictable near the end, overall it was an interesting story, with decent acting and direction.
    The Shape of Water or as I like to call it Grinding Nemo

(Moray Eel waiting for joke to land)

'The Big Sleep' is a great film, very confusing plot line and some of the story changed from the book due to the censors but it is a great film noir.

'The Day of The Jackal' is another good fun ride of a film.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hurracaine Heist is on at the cinema and sky movies at the same time. It is not a good movie.

El Kabong Guest

MOVIE MARATHON TONIGHT!!!!!

and also probably playing the Friday The 13th video game too, it's fun stuff

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stumbled into the remake of Day of the Dead last night. Another Romero favorite butchered. Doing the whole Walking dead marathon before weekend finale. After S.7 episode 1 gory bashings this shits been steady going downhill I think.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just watched Alien: Covenant not great and predictable.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just watched Alien: Covenant not great and predictable.
    Here's my review from IMDB for that one:

Alien: Covenant (2017) 4/10

Too predictable

I liked the visual effects, and the cast performed very well. However, the story was poor. It would be better if the Alien movies would take a new direction and come up with some fresh ideas.

It's becoming rather dull to see the same scenes with new people over and over again: aliens on the faces, coming out of their bodies. It was too predictable that an alien would be carried back to the ship in the body of someone who had one on his face.

The larger alien attacking the ship was very similar to scenes in previous movies. The idea of the android turning against the crew was too similar to the events in the very first movie. The ending was ambiguous and unsatisfying.

The big budget, with all the talented actors and special effects people, was wasted on a weak story.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I watched a good one last night Hostiles (2017) 8/10

Very nice cinematography, great locations, fine acting from Christian Bale (he should have at least been nominated for an Academy Award) and Rosamund Pike.

Although some events in the last 45 minutes were unnecessary and inconsistent, most of the story was intelligently-written and thoughtful.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    I watched a good one last night Hostiles (2017) 8/10

Very nice cinematography, great locations, fine acting from Christian Bale (he should have at least been nominated for an Academy Award) and Rosamund Pike.

Although some events in the last 45 minutes were unnecessary and inconsistent, most of the story was intelligently-written and thoughtful.
    I've wanted to see that one.

Also your take on Alien: Covenant sounds a lot like the movie Alien....where's the fucking NEW story? All this attention to special effects and jump scares and 0 effort put into a new plot.

El Kabong Guest

Oh here's something from my Friday The 13th movie binge.....

Did you know that in Friday the 13th The Final Chapter (part 4) Crispin Glover was supposed to be dancing to AC/DC's 'Back in Black'? How would that look? Would his dance moves make any more sense?

.....No....no they would not

Thread Information