Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  418
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
Page 246 of 311 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247248256296 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,690 of 4664

Thread: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Saw the mummy with Tom cruise, don't be upset if u didn't

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Yes it tries to be everything comedy, action and thriller but is not really any of it.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Red Sparrow, was okay

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Started queen of the deserts. A little British history in Middle East adventures. It got poor reviews but it doesn't seem horrible. If they took out the love story parts it would be much better

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The last movie I watch its Black Panther and this week end I will watch Rampage movie.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Black Panther was an exciting film and the bad guy had a good back story which is worth a film of its own.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Yes it tries to be everything comedy, action and thriller but is not really any of it.
    They really screwed the pooch with trying to bring back the old Universal monsters.....stop fucking about with the God damn special effects and put together a plot and attempt to make the monsters actually scary!

How difficult could it be? It's The Mummy, you have an archaeology team in Egypt, they find a sarcophagus behind a sealed and cursed door and then people start getting sick and dying in odd ways, the natives get restless, it's more a story of believing in folklore vs technology, the technology folks are going to make excuses about the people getting sick and dying "Oh it was a booby trap in the Pyramid, it was a gas leak, it was just an accident etc" and in the big finale you're transporting the sarcophagus because you think you've vanquished the evil and the mummy finally awakens and all hell breaks loose roll credits boom it's set for a trilogy easy as pie. The next film could be about the Mummy trying to find it's way back to the pyramid OR because it has been removed from the pyramid it has to accomplish XYZ before a certain time or something bad will happen to it and you tell half of that story in film 2 and wind it up in #3.

Really, how difficult is this?

Scary is about not knowing what the monster looks like or does to kill you, scary is about anticipation and misdirection.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In a weird way I just feel good about Brendan Fraser topping Tom Cruise in a lead role. Stay in your lane big teeth. I watched The Long Riders..again..with the ol man a few nights ago. Seriously underrated western.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watched The Dark Tower and it was nonsense want to be lord of the rings crap. Wasted my time with it.

El Kabong Guest

'Sideways' .....quirky kind of buddy movie, it's a coming of age movie for people in their early 30's kind of had a pre-mid life crisis theme about it. I've actually had the wine from Hitching Post top of the line Pinot Noir.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Watched The Dark Tower and it was nonsense want to be lord of the rings crap. Wasted my time with it.
    If you haven't read the book you won't have a clue what is going on
    If you have read the book you will wonder how they turned it into such a colossal fuck up

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Finally watched Doctor Strange and was ok. I couldn't get beyond the whole bending time and time jump and massive cgi but hey we are talking comic universe here . Lead actor killed it though.

El Kabong Guest

'National Lampoon's Fraternity Vacation' - A young Tim Robbins stars in this movie. It was the dying days of the Lampoon and this movie is a pathetic effort, but because it's so bad it ends up being a fun watch. You forget how "rape-y" the 1980's were, this was a looooong ways away from the #metoo movement and #timesup lol.

John Waters' 'A Dirty Shame' - starring Tracy Ullman and Johnny Knoxville. The premise is odd, concussions cause for sexual addiction and Johnny Knoxville is a tow truck driver named Ray Ray who is the holy leader of the sex positive concussed group and Tracy Ullman is the 12 apostle of his flock and hilarity ensues.

Next up I've got some Game of Thrones Season 2 and Soylent Green starring Charleton Heston you damned dirty ape! Obviously the spoiler with Soylent Green won't shock me but having never seen the movie I want to see if it's more than just a plot twist. I have a feeling it'll be kind of like the 1980's horror 'The Stuff'

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Avengers Infinity War. How do I do this without spoilers? Ah fuck it, Hulk Dies OK, Hulk dies, there I did it.

I was a bit disappointed to be honest. On the strength of it being so raved about I felt safe going to watch it at 11.30pm (to fit in with when my son finished work) I made that extra effort and I think in part that amplified my lack of enthusiasm.

It had it's moments, some genuinely laugh out loud moments but the thing everyone was waiting for, shouldn't have happened the way it did, it was also avoidable, rookie mistakes.

Oh and another thing. I know it's all about Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson these days and the guy is mega successful. But for me, the best wrestler turned actor is Dave Bautista for Drax alone. Hilarious.

Hulk doesn't die.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I want to watch this and you post made no sense. Thank you.

Thread Information