Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  419
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
Page 253 of 311 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263303 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,795 of 4665

Thread: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    '2010: The Year We Make Contact ' is top class....I do wish Kubrick would have been able to do it, but it's still a decent film, enjoyable.
    Peter Hyams did an excellent job on 2010.

Kubrick gets a lot of attention, but he's actually very overrated. People always say "Kubrick's 2001" or "Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket" or "Kubrick's The Shining", but in fact they were all taken from books by other people (Arthur C Clarke, Gustav Hasford, and Stephen King). King was angry at the changes Kubrick made to his story. Hasford received little money from the lucrative movie, and died in poverty a few years later.

Spartacus was from a book written by Howard Fast, and the screenplay was by Dalton Trumbo. Edward Lewis and Kirk Douglas decided on everything in the movie. It was to be directed by someone else, Anthony Mann, but Douglas fired Mann at the end of the first week of shooting, in which the opening sequence in the quarry had been filmed, then Kubrick was brought in. Douglas and Lewis found Kubrick's eagerness to take credit for Trumbo's work revolting.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    '2010: The Year We Make Contact ' is top class....I do wish Kubrick would have been able to do it, but it's still a decent film, enjoyable.

Kubrick gets a lot of attention, but he's actually very overrated. People always say "Kubrick's 2001" or "Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket" or "Kubrick's The Shining", but in fact they were all taken from books by other people (Arthur C Clarke, Gustav Hasford, and Stephen King). King was angry at the changes Kubrick made to his story. Hasford received little money from the lucrative movie, and died in poverty a few years later.

Spartacus was from a book written by Howard Fast, and the screenplay was by Dalton Trumbo. Edward Lewis and Kirk Douglas decided on everything in the movie. It was to be directed by someone else, Anthony Mann, but Douglas fired Mann at the end of the first week of shooting, in which the opening sequence in the quarry had been filmed, then Kubrick was brought in. Douglas and Lewis found Kubrick's eagerness to take credit for Trumbo's work revolting.
    I disagree, Kubrick was a brilliant director....do the best of the best get overrated, maybe by some.

Well 'Kubrick's The Shining' is said because there is another version of 'The Shining' which was a made for tv movie that was as true to the book as it could get and it absolutely sucked balls. In this case it's Stephen King who is the overrated one in my opinion.

Dalton Trumbo was a communist shill

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Perhaps, but he did a nice job on the screenplay for Spartacus.

Roman Polanski was a despicable molester of underage girls, but was was a technically a brilliant director (better than overrated Kubrick, in my opinion).

I'm not a Stephen King fan, but to be fair the TV version of The Shining had a low budget compared to the Kubrick-directed version.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Perhaps, but he did a nice job on the screenplay for Spartacus.

Roman Polanski was a despicable molester of underage girls, but was was a technically a brilliant director (better than overrated Kubrick, in my opinion).

I'm not a Stephen King fan, but to be fair the TV version of The Shining had a low budget compared to the Kubrick-directed version.
    Why would anyone work with that piece of sh1t Polanski? jsut shows when money is around actors will do anything

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Drago View Post
    Why would anyone work with that piece of sh1t Polanski? jsut shows when money is around actors will do anything
    He may be a piece of sh1t, but his MacBeth (1971) is the best version of that Shakespeare play ever made.

He's a very flawed man, but he has an undeniable talent for directing movies.

El Kabong Guest

Chinatown was good, Rosemary's baby is overrated, what else does he have? The Ninth Gate? The Pianist? YAWN.....I've never been a fan of Polanski.

I hat eto admit that I do enjoy 'Midnight In Paris' which is a Woody Allen film, and Woody Allen is a shitshow of a person.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I disagree, Kubrick was a brilliant director....do the best of the best get overrated, maybe by some.

Well 'Kubrick's The Shining' is said because there is another version of 'The Shining' which was a made for tv movie that was as true to the book as it could get and it absolutely sucked balls. In this case it's Stephen King who is the overrated one in my opinion.

Kubrick was great. Eyes wide shut is filmed so eerily. He did some great shit plus he was so whacked it was cool

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Kubrick was great. Eyes wide shut is filmed so eerily. He did some great shit plus he was so whacked it was cool
    He seemed to be exposing his own very rich and powerful group in Eyes Wide Shut. It was his best movie, but some say he paid for it with his life.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Finally watched Dunkirk and actually liked it a lot. Seemed to get a lot of stick from critics and can see that too. Loved the way it tied pilots, civilians and evacuating soldiers points of views together. Depressing as hell in spots though but can only imagine 100 worse as it unfolded.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Journey's End (2017) 8.5/10

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've been watching all the Xmen film's again lately, really enjoyed watching them with the kids.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've been watching all the Xmen film's again lately, really enjoyed watching them with the kids.
    Yes, the new generation and old are good. Still not seen days of future past yet.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I watched Smokin Aces last night - one of those I'd never got round to seeing

Loved it - very entertaining
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Yes, the new generation and old are good. Still not seen days of future past yet.
    That is the only one i had not seen either until the other night, I enjoyed it.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have the Hulu for free on my phone. This is my first experience with it. I watched I, Tanya last night, not all in one sitting, but it was decently acted and somewhat interesting. Hulu has some interesting movies. I wouldn’t say rush to see I, Tanya but if you have some time to kill it will keep your interest

Thread Information