Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  418
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
Page 277 of 311 FirstFirst ... 177227267275276277278279287 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,155 of 4664

Thread: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    My movies are starting t pile up, Red dead is eating into their time.

Watched the new Predator. It was entertaining, but has nothing on the original.
    I may get Red Dead, I really enjoyed the zombie version in the previous release

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Read there is a Train to Busan sequel coming! I'm in. Watched 'Midway' with Pop and somehow all three Beverly Hills cop movies . The first is always a great one, Eddie Murphy riffing at best.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Terror (Season One 2018 ) 8/10

This is better than most of what we see on TV, with a very good cast and cinematography. It's a unique series about the Franklin Expedition of 1845-48, combining history with sci-fi horror. One of the two ships was named The Terror. A creature from Inuit mythology known as a Tuunbaq stalks the explorers.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post

This is better than most of what we see on TV, with a very good cast and cinematography. It's a unique series about the Franklin Expedition of 1845-48, combining history with sci-fi horror. One of the two ships was named The Terror. A creature from Inuit mythology known as a Tuunbaq stalks the explorers.

The series didn't do a bad job but the book was fucking brilliant, quite a long read at 800 pages and it was a little slow at times.

Really was clever the way Simmons merged history with horror

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post

The series didn't do a bad job but the book was fucking brilliant, quite a long read at 800 pages and it was a little slow at times.

I watched this awhile back, it was ok. I like that they are doing horror shows now. I just finished Hill House, it started well but I was bored by the end of the series.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post

I watched this awhile back, it was ok. I like that they are doing horror shows now. I just finished Hill House, it started well but I was bored by the end of the series.
    Yeah, I'm not a fan of it being called The Haunting of Hill House either, it had absolutely nothing to do with the book.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Mile 22 - It wants to be Bourne but is like an episode of 24 - shaky camera, cut, cut, cut, cut, cut, cut, twisty wisty ending. Not bad though for a 90 minute life waster.

If they chinned Mark Weirdo from the film and focused on the Jackie Chan/Bruce Lee fella - who I assume is an "Asian" action star - it would have been a million times better, he was awesome and the women characters - as far as being able to bash up men - were the best i've seen in a film.
    Haven't seen Mile 22 but the Asian guy you're talking about is Iko Uwais. He is from The Raid 1 and 2, absolutely brilliant films. Highly recommend them.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Mile 22 - It wants to be Bourne but is like an episode of 24 - shaky camera, cut, cut, cut, cut, cut, cut, twisty wisty ending. Not bad though for a 90 minute life waster.

If they chinned Mark Weirdo from the film and focused on the Jackie Chan/Bruce Lee fella - who I assume is an "Asian" action star - it would have been a million times better, he was awesome and the women characters - as far as being able to bash up men - were the best i've seen in a film.
    Haven't seen Mile 22 but the Asian guy you're talking about is Iko Uwais. He is from The Raid 1 and 2, absolutely brilliant films. Highly recommend them.
    The Raid 1 was awesome
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

The Last Jedi.....GARBAGE

El Kabong Guest

I'd like to explain why "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" is garbage so I'm just going to list a few things.

The bullcrap that happens in Last Jedi

How do you right the Star Wars ship? Well that's a toughy especially in how movies are made these days. It used to be that only cineophilic lesbians would care deeply about things like the Bechdel test https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bechdel_test or "inclusivity" or any of that bullshit and so directors could just focus on character depth, plot, etc instead of "We need more disabled trans midgets to round out the cast" .....now hey I'm not against mixing up the cast a bit, I'm just more of the idea that their character (and perhaps this is difficult for white directors or writers, I know it's difficult for guys like Spike Lee to write for white guys ) is more than their race or sexual persuasion or gender identity....although the SJW/NPC crowd is rather flat when it comes to character depth.

So Star Wars the original trilogy saw the Rebellion on the ropes and then they deliver a massive defeat to the Empire. Well that either cripples the Empire, OR the Empire gets nasty in their quest to defeat the Rebels. Think what would happen in a real war, there's plenty of things to choose from. And this is why the prequels suck, the Empire is never EVER as big and bad and destructive as it should have been. George Lucas compared them to Nazis....so I'm looking for the efficient heartless killing machines that are supposed to be the baddies, there's 0 heat for the Empire or First Order.

These movies SHOULD be very easy to write these days too, the dark side of the force...you know allowing your emotions to run your fucking life, ringing any bells here? It should be sending a message that being an emotional mess is no way to restore things, it's no way to make the Galaxy Great Again. But I guess nobody wants to hear or see that.

I would have just gone on a storyline which was totally away from Luke-Han-Leia....focus on the bounty hunters, people love Boba Fett, you could basically recreate The Good The Bad and The Ugly with Star Wars Bounty Hunters and it would be epic. Any Kurosawa films would have been very solid foundations for this kind of thing...or hell watch some old serials, that's what these are based off of originally.

Supposedly the Game of Thrones writers are going to tackle this but I just don't think it's going to be any good ever again.
    Last edited by El Kabong; 11-20-2018 at 03:35 PM.

El Kabong Guest

I've been watching Ken Burns' Vietnam documentary....

The French....Jesus Christ...could they do ANYTHING right? Treat the Vietnamese like shit, get runover by the Nazis. Get France back (thanks to the help of the US and UK) and then go right back to being assholes in Vietnam (and elsewhere I suppose). I guess now with the whole migrant invasion they're having they are just feeling so fucking terrible for what has happened in decades and centuries past that they've just given up on even France being France. They've been beaten into submission. They should feel bad about what they've done in the past, but shit you can't live with that and keep trying to make amends now because you'll be taken advantage of.

This was the start of the United States the road to hell is paved with good intentions foreign policy. We should have let the Vietnamese decide what they wanted to do with their own fucking country rather than waste lives fighting those folks. Also by getting stuck in Vietnam the Commies infiltrated our universities and peace movements and civil rights groups....had we NOT gotten stuck in, maybe the Commies stay the fuck out of our shit, but I doubt it. I'd still be all for ousting Commies from anywhere and everywhere in the United States as their beliefs are contrary to how this nation was founded.

El Kabong Guest

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

White Tiger (2012) 8/10

This is a strange and unique anti-war movie with an element of horror. There is excellent cinematography, acting and direction. It reminds me of Tarkovsky's Ivan's Childhood which was re-made as Come and See. The story isn't for everyone - it's not an action film. Although some scenes are frightening, it's primary intention is to make the viewer think. If you liked Tarkovsky's movies, you'll like this one.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I watched the latest Mission Impossible, I was entertained, but it was a bit long, and one of those movies where things kept happening to drag out the ending. But overall not a bad effort for this type of movie. A lot of the production looked kind of cheap tho, some pretty good chases.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The new Predator movie - my god I hated it. The end.

The simple beauty of the original Predator was it was actually scary (for a young teenager) watching a bunch of elite killing machine soldiers picked off one-by-one and reduced to terrified mental wrecks by an unseen force.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information