Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  418
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
Page 282 of 311 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282283284292 ... LastLast
Results 4,216 to 4,230 of 4664

Thread: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I am re-watching the Harry Potter movies which are on TV now and they are starting to make sense. After the first one they were nonsense.

Now it is magical nonsense with a decent storyline.
    I've never seen or read anything to do with Harry Potter but the other week someone was talking about it at work and I said I've never watched it because it is just a watered down kids version of Lord of the Rings, fuck me they didn't like that, they went ape shit at me.

I know it's not like Lord of the Rings but I know it boils people's piss when I say it is

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I am re-watching the Harry Potter movies which are on TV now and they are starting to make sense. After the first one they were nonsense.

Now it is magical nonsense with a decent storyline.
    I've never seen or read anything to do with Harry Potter but the other week someone was talking about it at work and I said I've never watched it because it is just a watered down kids version of Lord of the Rings, fuck me they didn't like that, they went ape shit at me.

I know it's not like Lord of the Rings but I know it boils people's piss when I say it is
    That is very offensive to Pot Heads they take this far too seriously.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Taking Lives (2004) 7/10

This is a serial killer thriller. The story is interesting enough but it has some slight inconsistencies. Angelina Jolie was at her best at that time and she makes it well worth watching.

The Factory (2012) 7.5/10

This is a unique, above-average crime thriller with an unexpected twist. Definitely worth watching.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Punisher S.2 premier...what was that. Are they going to make this a buddy travel season. Felt like I watched Roadhouse all over again.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Retreat (2011) 5/10

There's nothing I like less in a movie than seeing people behaving stupidly, especially in difficult or dangerous situations. Despite having two good actors (Cillian Murphy and Jamie Bell) and some nice cinematography, this one is annoyingly bad.

Joy Ride (2001) 6/10

This is another movie with a good cast but not as well written as it should have been. The older brother is a toxic loser and behaves so foolishly it's annoying to see. His character is very unsympathetic for a protagonist and his stupidity should have been toned down a bit.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Britannia (Season One) 2018 5/10

This could have been a great series. I liked the idea of making a series about the Roman invasion of Britain and they came up with a decent cast. But the series fell short, mainly due to poor screenwriting and directing.

The acting was overall very good. Stanley Weber, David Morrissey, Liana Cornell and especially Eleanor Worthington-Cox performed well, despite often having poorly-written dialogue.

As many reviewers have mentioned, it is too politically correct. There are too many weak, insane and/or pathetic male characters, most of them cowards. The only strong ones are Aulus (who is portrayed as an evil, heartless demonic man) and the two black soldiers (who are portrayed as honorable men). The only other strong characters in the series (including a few honorable and likable ones) are all female.

Of course it isn't historically accurate, I didn't expect it to be completely so. However, there are some things that are annoying and misleading. For example, Julius Caesar didn't leave Britain because of a fear of the druids, he left because he had more important things to deal with on the mainland. And the series is also degrading to ancient Celtic culture. The real druids could not have been anything like the half-insane despicable creatures shown in the series.

And where is Vespasian? He's supposed to be in 9 episodes. I see a Roman centurion being killed with arrows through the throat early in the series, was that supposed to be Vespasian? But in real history he lived to become emperor 26 years later. And at the time of the invasion of Britain, he was a young man of 33, yet according to the credits he's played by Fortunato Cerlino who is close to age 50.

The idea of Phelan having diarrhea when travelling may have been funny to a few people, but it was unnecessary and disgusting to me. That entire episode was the very worst of the nine.

There's too much foul, disgusting language in the dialogue. Although it might be expected from some rougher characters, it shouldn't be constantly coming from the mouths of queens, princes, real historical people like Aulus, and especially not from little girls like Cait.

Last edited by Freedom; 02-08-2019 at 03:23 PM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watched The Sand Pebbles again, one of Pops favs. Someone sent me a season of the Good Doctor ? and still trying to make sense of it.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I watched - HOW IT ENDS, last night and its turd.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've watched quite a few recently.

I would recommend Overlord. A NAZI/ zombie type film.
    Saw Aquaman, it was ok.
    I watched Capricorn 1 again, I would recommend this to anyone questioning why or how the moon landings could be faked.
    I watched The Prospect, kind of a space type prospecting film, quite slow.
    Watched The Cloverfield Paradox, didn't really like it. The very end was cool tho.
    The missus made me watch a movie called Polar, it wasn't that good, a bit of T&A and violence, but pretty basic.

I think there were a few more but can't recall of the top of my head.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just started watching The Passage, the books were fucking amazing, I loved each one of them, the series is doing my nut in though.

Everyone who was white is now black or Hispanic, everyone who was a man is now a woman, why do they feel the need to fuck with shit like this.

Especially Amy (the lead character) in the book she is a white, blonde haired 6 year old girl who barely speaks, now she's an arrogant black 10 year old girl.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I watched The Mule.

Damn..... is Clint Eastwood OLD.

Gonna miss him when he's gone.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watched Aquaman and thought what is going on. It has bits of flash gordon, Thor 3, how to train a dragon 2, it was all over the place.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watched Aquaman and thought what is going on. It has bits of flash gordon, Thor 3, how to train a dragon 2, it was all over the place.
    I've heard that Aquaman is supposed to be quite good for a DC film, yeah the standard isn't very high but I heard it was decent

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The plot was sort of Wonder Woman-ish too, I think.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I've heard that Aquaman is supposed to be quite good for a DC film, yeah the standard isn't very high but I heard it was decent
    For a DC movie it is better than most except wonder woman.

Thread Information