Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  418
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
Page 286 of 311 FirstFirst ... 186236276284285286287288296 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,290 of 4663

Thread: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Dawn Wall - OK not a film but a documentary about this goofy kid who becomes the best big wall climber ever ever, gets abducted by terrorists, chops off a finger and goes on to be a better climber than he was before. Inspiring bonkers story. The only glitch, He didn't actually climb the route he planned, his mate did. Probably me not understanding the nuances of climbing, it was just a 'hang on?' moment.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Green Book - I really enjoyed this, lovely little tale about a brief friendship in a working relationship between complete opposites. The most bizarre thing to me was, the chauffeur/bodygaurd lived into his 80s!!! What the fuck!!! The geezer was clearly a big fat man, he never stopped eating and smoking.
    i thought the same. Great film made a rare outing to the cinema to see that one
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Green Book - I really enjoyed this, lovely little tale about a brief friendship in a working relationship between complete opposites. The most bizarre thing to me was, the chauffeur/bodygaurd lived into his 80s!!! What the fuck!!! The geezer was clearly a big fat man, he never stopped eating and smoking.

Watched it last night but kept falling asleep, got about halfway through it.
    Really good story and really good movie with great acting.
    That black guy is a bit good on the old Joanna 👌🏼
    Could see why this won Oscars as it appeals to everyone, true story as well.

Nice HD copy here

https://www1.123movies.la/movie/gree.../watching.html

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Franklyn (2008 ) 7/10

Original story, decent movie. It seems a bit confusing in parts, but it all makes sense in the end. The last fifteen minutes is very tense as the four main characters come together and their stories become one.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've become a bit of a climbing pervert.

Valley Uprising - Documentary covering the early big wall climbers of Yosemite. A different kind of climbing to what you'd expect from watching Dawn Wall, but bearing in mind they were often pissed the whole time impressive stuff. A running battle between two climbers and their mobs, who could climb what and who could climb it first, and climb it the right way.

Free Solo - Alex Honnold, free solo climber (no ropes) climbs El Capitan. Totally bonkers, totally wired differently to the rest of us. It's a documentary and it's the job of the film makers to sell it and make it as suspenseful as possible, but I think there was a genuine sense of everyone but him shitting their pants. No one really wanted him to do it.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    I've become a bit of a climbing pervert.

Valley Uprising - Documentary covering the early big wall climbers of Yosemite. A different kind of climbing to what you'd expect from watching Dawn Wall, but bearing in mind they were often pissed the whole time impressive stuff. A running battle between two climbers and their mobs, who could climb what and who could climb it first, and climb it the right way.

Free Solo - Alex Honnold, free solo climber (no ropes) climbs El Capitan. Totally bonkers, totally wired differently to the rest of us. It's a documentary and it's the job of the film makers to sell it and make it as suspenseful as possible, but I think there was a genuine sense of everyone but him shitting their pants. No one really wanted him to do it.
    Dude those climbing docs are amazing. I see that valley uprising is on Netflix now I’ll prob watch it today

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Found new series Black Summer on Netflix. If you're a Train to Busan or Walking dead fan you might get stuck on it. About 3 episodes in and shot well with the whole fast pace multiple perspectives style.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I might try that Black Summer

Watched Free Solo last week - yes I got same impression that he was the only one not worried by it all ! I found the actual climb when he did it lacking in suspense after the build up !

This weekend I finally got round to watching Apocalypto - visually stunning, suspenseful and shocking. Highly recommended for those that haven't seen.

Thing it might have been a flop at the time because Mel Gibson was going through his crazy period ?
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Avengers End Game

Terrible film, panders to the modern day PC crowd, shoehorns in loads of nonsense and disregards the world and characters that they have spent the last 10 years building, infinity war was brilliant, this was awful.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Avengers End Game

Terrible film, panders to the modern day PC crowd, shoehorns in loads of nonsense and disregards the world and characters that they have spent the last 10 years building, infinity war was brilliant, this was awful.
    I did watch Captain Marvel, only because I knew she was in End Game but that was not great.

I will definitely watch End Game.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

OK then here are my problems with End Game

that may be a garbled mess and not the most coherent of posts but that is in keeping with the film in my opinion
    Last edited by Batman; 04-28-2019 at 07:57 AM.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh man, I have to admit I watched infinity war a while ago and thought it was a joke. If the next one is even worse I cant imagine how much Id hate it. Speaking of a film that loosely has to do with a superhero though, I watched and highly recommend Birdman, thought it was incredible. Its not for everyone, probably not for anyone who thinks anything like the Avengers is anything but dogshit If you read a little bit about the premise and think youd like it, you probably will love it though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Oh man, I have to admit I watched infinity war a while ago and thought it was a joke. If the next one is even worse I cant imagine how much Id hate it. Speaking of a film that loosely has to do with a superhero though, I watched and highly recommend Birdman, thought it was incredible. Its not for everyone, probably not for anyone who thinks anything like the Avengers is anything but dogshit If you read a little bit about the premise and think youd like it, you probably will love it though.
    Enjoyed birdman.

Last two movies would be the Original Jurassic park and the sequel, both great.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed on Boardman, only seen it once when it first came out but I really enjoyed it

Thread Information