Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  418
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
Page 301 of 311 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302303 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,515 of 4664

Thread: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Watching 'Waco' very odd little series on Netflix. I remember that whole deal going down, I remember hearing stories of what was going on with the Branch Davidians and all. That and Ruby Ridge are two times where the FBI and ATF showed what tyrants they could be. I don't say that because I agree with Randy Weaver or David Koresh, I actually think both of those people made terrible mistakes as well and they could have EASILY diffused the situations they were in. I'll say it this way, if you're going to motherfuck the FBI/ATF you've really gotta pick your spots carefully and even then it's not going to be a fun experience.

I find the series interesting because of the perspective it provides. When you think of Good vs Bad, White Hats and Black Hats that's easy to pull off in movies but this series really blurs the lines and I wonder if there are motivations to doing that in this case and what those motivations would be if not just telling a better story of what actually happened in order to hook more viewers.

Started 'Tiger King'....that is an odd one.
    Ya I watched the whole Waco series. That wasn’t a Netflix original maybe it was on TV a while ago. It definitely was a big time government fuck up but I think really softened up Koresh in the series. We will of course never know the whole story. He was a bit of a world is ending guy. Anyway it was relatively well done. I has some serious insomnia last week so it gave me something to do between shifts. Netflix is killing it with this wuhan virus adding another 18 million subscribers in a quarter. It’s funny how no matter how bad an event is someone makes good money off it.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the Disney Channel has made a lot of money with their new channel.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

extraction
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just watched Extraction. Enjoyed it, two hours went by in a flash. Been done umpteen times over, hero with nothing to live for finds something to live for but enjoyed it nonetheless. Matt Damon is getting on now. If I had the be bummed by another bloke it would probably be Chris Hemsworth.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I think the Disney Channel has made a lot of money with their new channel.
    They are reporting good numbers but every theme park is closed costing them who knows how much per day.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Just watched Extraction. Enjoyed it, two hours went by in a flash. Been done umpteen times over, hero with nothing to live for finds something to live for but enjoyed it nonetheless. Matt Damon is getting on now. If I had the be bummed by another bloke it would probably be Chris Hemsworth.
    are you trying to tell us you are gay?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What makes you think that?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

El Kabong Guest

Well finished Tiger King....whew there are just so few redeemable characters in there. I think 'Saff' the gal who
    Spoiler
    was alright and the guys "Scarface was based on" (allegedly) seemed ok. But Everyone else was a real shitbag. Joe Exotic shouldn't be the only guy out of the bunch
    Spoiler

Gotta finish up Waco. I'm on the 3rd/final season of Deadwood and that's going quite well. That was a BRILLIANT show.

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well finished Tiger King....whew there are just so few redeemable characters in there. I think 'Saff' the gal who
    Spoiler
    was alright and the guys "Scarface was based on" (allegedly) seemed ok. But Everyone else was a real shitbag. Joe Exotic shouldn't be the only guy out of the bunch
    Spoiler

Gotta finish up Waco. I'm on the 3rd/final season of Deadwood and that's going quite well. That was a BRILLIANT show.
    Until today i never realised there was an option to insert spoiler alerts into posts. I am not really interested in box sets, but good to know the spoiler alert thing is there for the boxing pages sometimes.

Thank you.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    What makes you think that?
    bi maybe?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Spoiler
    Spoiler

Until today i never realised there was an option to insert spoiler alerts into posts. I am not really interested in box sets, but good to know the spoiler alert thing is there for the boxing pages sometimes.

Thank you.
    Until today I did not know there was ignore and the ability to avoid spoilers from a post one could not see. Awesome.

I watched Hoaxed. A documentary about how shit the media tends to be.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Spoiler
    Spoiler

Thank you.
    Until today I did not know there was ignore and the ability to avoid spoilers from a post one could not see. Awesome.

I watched Hoaxed. A documentary about how shit the media tends to be.
    I didn’t know about the spoiler either but it looks to complicated

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

El Kabong has used the spoiler feature here before. You have all failed to notice.

I do not know how to use it so a tutorial would be appreciated.

Watched Small Foot which is a children's animation movie but any film which has James Corden makes me feel sick.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    El Kabong has used the spoiler feature here before. You have all failed to notice.

I do not know how to use it so a tutorial would be appreciated.

Watched Small Foot which is a children's animation movie but any film which has James Corden makes me feel sick.
    Well there's a button that says "Spoiler" diagonally and you click on that. Then It'll ask what you want posted instead of the text contained in said "spoiler" in my case I went with "Spoiler" and then you'll have brackets as with using Bold or Italic or Underline or Quoting they look like this:
    [ SPOIL ][ /SPOIL ]

I've included spaces between the brackets so you can see how it looks rather than attempt to describe it.

So there you have it. That'll be $50.00

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I very, very rarely watch films but watched this one with the Mrs -

Planet of the Humans

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...4e42pPa9C9avof

Directed by Jeff Gibbs but produced by Michael Moore, it takes a healthy, if somewhat inaccurate and sensationalist swipe at times, at the hypocrisy of many in the renewables industry.

Nobody should need to warn people of how corrupt and dangerous people like Gore and the Clinton's are, (many would have seen that 20yrs ago,) but when you see what a scam things like tree burning biofuel is, and the billions in grants to what are often essentially fossil fuel companies, it is depressing.

And that is one of the big problems with the film. It throws the entire green movement under the bus with a lot of misinformation and never really confronts the climate deniers, even subscribing to the dumb over simplistic 'over population is the problem' blinkered thinking.

It is a refreshing smack in the mouth for smug hyper capitalists intent on avoiding real change, but don't expect it to provide any hope or alternative answers.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Thread Information