Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  418
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
Page 304 of 311 FirstFirst ... 204254294302303304305306 ... LastLast
Results 4,546 to 4,560 of 4664

Thread: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

I don't often watch films but finally got around to watching one the bluerays my Stepson bought us at Christmas. Based on a Neil Gaiman story 'How to talk to girls at parties' is set in the UK in the late 70s during the birth of Punk and features aliens.

We loved it, very funny, brilliantly constructed.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Started watching 1917 yesterday. Prime vid really plays shady with the rental option. I didn't realize they only give you 36 hrs to finish a rental once you pay. That's bogus and no better than old Blockbuster vids. But at least you could keep those and pay massive late fees

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Started watching 1917 yesterday. Prime vid really plays shady with the rental option. I didn't realize they only give you 36 hrs to finish a rental once you pay. That's bogus and no better than old Blockbuster vids. But at least you could keep those and pay massive late fees
    What do u think so far is it very well done?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

peppermint
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

El Kabong Guest

Friday the 13th 3D

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    What do u think so far is it very well done?
    It looks it right off but I'm only to the point where they start crossing no mans land. The set work and costuming are very good. Had no idea that that one guy was 'Tommen' from Game of Thrones. Looks completely different now.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

funhouse
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bohemian Rhapsody - Everyone knows what it's about. I thought it was great. The Live Aid stuff was brilliant. The whole cast were great. Had no idea Mike Myers was Ray Foster and Adam Lambert was the trucker.

Watched the Netflix program with Queen and Adam Lambert after. That was good too. I know some people have issues with it, someone else 'being Freddie' but Lambert is an amazing vocalist.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Bohemian Rhapsody - Everyone knows what it's about. I thought it was great. The Live Aid stuff was brilliant. The whole cast were great. Had no idea Mike Myers was Ray Foster and Adam Lambert was the trucker.

Watched the Netflix program with Queen and Adam Lambert after. That was good too. I know some people have issues with it, someone else 'being Freddie' but Lambert is an amazing vocalist.
    I think the movie would have been better if Sasha Cohen Barron or whatever his name is played the part he wanted to show the real Freddie Prince.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah I read that. He was on board for several years with the film but then it all went a bit sour. His take on things was that they wanted to have Freddie die half way through the film then show how the band moved on, which would have been wrong. It ending the way it did was perfect, the live aid performance was something else. From the bands perspective I guess they've got a brand to protect and didn't want it to be too warts and all. They thought Cohen wasn't serious enough. Given his back catalogue you could see their point of view.

Malik was brilliant. I know he didn't sing much but he did become Freddie really well.

My Mrs is a massive Queen fan and asked me if I'd go and watch them with Adam Lambert. Initially I said no, not the same blah blah. I can barely cope when a second actor comes in to play a lead in a second film let alone someone else try to be Freddie Mercury. Now I would though.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah I read that. He was on board for several years with the film but then it all went a bit sour. His take on things was that they wanted to have Freddie die half way through the film then show how the band moved on, which would have been wrong. It ending the way it did was perfect, the live aid performance was something else. From the bands perspective I guess they've got a brand to protect and didn't want it to be too warts and all. They thought Cohen wasn't serious enough. Given his back catalogue you could see their point of view.

Malik was brilliant. I know he didn't sing much but he did become Freddie really well.

My Mrs is a massive Queen fan and asked me if I'd go and watch them with Adam Lambert. Initially I said no, not the same blah blah. I can barely cope when a second actor comes in to play a lead in a second film let alone someone else try to be Freddie Mercury. Now I would though.

Upwards of £190 (each) for a decent view and that's just at a small venue like Londons O2.
    Insane money that.

El Kabong Guest

Just watched 'The Death of Stalin' very funny stuff.

quite humorous.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Terminator 2. Despite Edward Furlong being an annoying little cunt and doing his best to ruin every scene. It's just awesome ain't it. Even the bits that are naff are brilliant. Arnie not Arnie jumping a hog off of a wall. Brilliant.

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Terminator 2. Despite Edward Furlong being an annoying little cunt and doing his best to ruin every scene. It's just awesome ain't it. Even the bits that are naff are brilliant. Arnie not Arnie jumping a hog off of a wall. Brilliant.
    The latest Terminator 6 carries on from Terminator 2 and does have some good action scenes.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think I stopped at 2. I vaguely remember the blonde woman in purple which I think is 3? So I reckon I've seen some of it, maybe clips. Going to stick with it to finish them off.

Charley Burley

Thread Information