Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  418
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
Page 306 of 311 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306307308 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,590 of 4663

Thread: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

I watched a horror movie, not in the sense of monsters existing but it had something that my college psychology courses never prepared me for even when I saw this movie recommended by my professor. It was, "A clockwork Orange." It reminded me of so-called friends and neighbors and women I could have done without in my life and why every once in a while why people are afraid to close their eyes at night. It makes you wonder what side of those eyelids we are standing on.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by johnsebastianmiran View Post
    I watched a horror movie, not in the sense of monsters existing but it had something that my college psychology courses never prepared me for even when I saw this movie recommended by my professor. It was, "A clockwork Orange." It reminded me of so-called friends and neighbors and women I could have done without in my life and why every once in a while why people are afraid to close their eyes at night. It makes you wonder what side of those eyelids we are standing on.
    'A Clockwork Orange' is wonderful. Firstly Kubrick is perhaps my favorite director of all time. It's quite a mad story as well, really shows you the differences between "protagonist" vs "hero" and "antagonist" vs "villain". I can certainly see how that's a horrifying story. It leads one to believe that we are never far from the extremes of tyranny or anarchy both of which are showcased in the film and that we sit upon a razor's edge with rules, laws, and conscience....things can change in a heartbeat.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

project power
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    'A Clockwork Orange' is wonderful. Firstly Kubrick is perhaps my favorite director of all time. It's quite a mad story as well, really shows you the differences between "protagonist" vs "hero" and "antagonist" vs "villain". I can certainly see how that's a horrifying story. It leads one to believe that we are never far from the extremes of tyranny or anarchy both of which are showcased in the film and that we sit upon a razor's edge with rules, laws, and conscience....things can change in a heartbeat.
    Wendy/Walter Carlos amazing music adds so much to the alienation and disquiet of that film. Kubrick was a brilliant photographer too, (his boxing pictures are amazing) and his relationship with violence clearly informed what is for me his most 'English' film.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Finally watched Ready Player One and it obviously aimed at parents and teenagers with its links to old and new computer games/sci fi films. Some of the scenes are filmed near Birmingham city centre and jewellery quarter near where I work which was also interesting to watch.

The Aeronauts which was a “truish” film about two adventurers flying a hot air balloon very high for records and scientific discovery. Cinematically it was excellent but the story was limited.

Justice League Dark Apokolips War was an excellent DC comic storyline. Darkseid who is another version of Thanos has conquered Earth. The characters die and get slaughtered including some big hero’s which made the animation better and more realistic than Avengers Infinity/Endgame film.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    anyone catch this reference of adrenochrome?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Peanut Butter Falcon - Loved it. A young man with Downs syndrome, who runs away from a residential nursing home to follow his dream of attending the professional wrestling school of his idol, The Salt Water Redneck (Thomas Haden Church). A strange turn of events pairs him on the road with Tyler (Shia LaBeouf), a small time outlaw on the run, who becomes Zak's unlikely coach and ally. Together they wind through deltas, elude capture, drink whisky, find God, catch fish, and convince Eleanor (Dakota Johnson), a kind nursing home employee charged with Zak's return, to join them on their journey.

I cant help but like LeBeouf. I hear/read that he's a prick and all that lark but I cant help but like him in films. Dakota Johnson I'd let shit on me. Haden Church is brilliant. Love him in everything. Great film, great spirit. Live life, all that lark. Oh and wrestle.

When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Formula 51. Actually I scan/fast forward to certain scenes.

When he takes care of the chemist.33mn & 46mn fabulous killing, I watch those 2 over n over, peruse the rest, not a bad movie.

All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Started watching #Alive. Similar to Train To Busan but with the lone lead barricaded in his apartment. Good special effects on the zombies and timely for this current Covid situation . Going to finally check out Chernobyl too.

El Kabong Guest

Just finished up 'Grandmother's Farm' which is a buddy comedy/horror/thriller made in the UAE. I'm guessing a LOT got lost in translation as the movie was not scary in the least. Also one of the characters in the movie (which was set in present day UAE) was a slave, a full blown "Yes Master" slave.....that's kinda fucking nuts, that there was a slave in a movie and nobody fucking addressed the ownership of another human, but hey whatcha gonna do I guess ?

Also there's a sequel because apparently the movie did very well?

See I thought, UAE + Horror, well they're OBVIOUSLY going to make a movie about drone warfare or the American military or something....no....there's a Djinn (genie) and THAT is the villain.

So I guess I'll watch this sequel....wow, it was ATROCIOUS.....you've all got to watch it!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First time seeing the full doc. Damn fine insight

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. Britain in the seventies. Looks like East Germany.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    First time seeing the full doc. Damn fine insight

I've got something new to watch now.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just Mercy starring Michael B Jordon, who is turning into a brilliant actor, where he plays a lawyer getting an innocent black man off in the south from the death penalty.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information