Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  418
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
Page 293 of 311 FirstFirst ... 193243283291292293294295303 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,395 of 4663

Thread: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I think Stallone should do Rocky and Rambo movies till he's 90. That way we can do a decade by decade comparison and wager on which character will fizzle out first.
    If Rambo couldn’t use guns do you think he could beat Rocky in a fight. That’s a tough one.

That's a good question, tusks..... and definitely worthy of analysis.

Let's see... Rocky was himself a shitty boxer. He totally telegraphed his punches, and had this annoying habit of letting opponents tee off on him (to the appropriate urgent music track) several times before he somehow got enough energy to stage a flurry of his own.

Out in the street, the only things Rocky did well at all were punch frozen sides of beef, and pose for Adrian in his muscle shirt.

Nah... Rocky Rambo would beat the shit out of him. He'd start by leg sweeping him off his feet, and then go all "jungle" on him.

Before too long Rocky would be calling for Adrian like he did at the end of the first movie.
    You mean Rambo would?

Thanks for the catch. Yes.... Rambo would go all jungle on Rocky and beat the Adrian out of him.

El Kabong Guest

'Rasputin The Mad Monk' decent movie, not quite what I expected but entertaining enough...next up Dracula AD 1972

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Has anyone seen Joker yet? I generally boycott all films, but this one seems to have an edge to it that I want to experience. The harmful effect of bad parenting leading to mental illness and social issues is of course one of my favorite themes, so I have to give this one a view and apparently it has the critics all hot under the collar, so it must be pretty good. Viewers seem to love it.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Has anyone seen Joker yet? I generally boycott all films, but this one seems to have an edge to it that I want to experience. The harmful effect of bad parenting leading to mental illness and social issues is of course one of my favorite themes, so I have to give this one a view and apparently it has the critics all hot under the collar, so it must be pretty good. Viewers seem to love it.
    Damn miles 9.1 from the general audience on IMDb I didn’t even know it was out yet

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt7286456/

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Damn miles 9.1 from the general audience on IMDb I didn’t even know it was out yet

For me the themes are intriguing. Basically an adopted baby with a manipulative and abusive mother who appears to have had a thing for violent thugs who in turn inflicted violence upon her child. What an evil cow and I think that is something that has some critics hot under the collar. It makes you think about society and how we have encouraged and promoted this kind of culture, the no responsibility single mother kind of culture, and we don't want to consider the consequences of that and the subsequent recklessness and nihilism that then ensues. Then of course the lack of a strong, decent father figure. Again, something we actually encourage young children to accept as normal today.

It is no wonder the film is so popular as it is taking on taboos that people are relating to in a powerful way.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For me the themes are intriguing. Basically an adopted baby with a manipulative and abusive mother who appears to have had a thing for violent thugs who in turn inflicted violence upon her child. What an evil cow and I think that is something that has some critics hot under the collar. It makes you think about society and how we have encouraged and promoted this kind of culture, the no responsibility single mother kind of culture, and we don't want to consider the consequences of that and the subsequent recklessness and nihilism that then ensues. Then of course the lack of a strong, decent father figure. Again, something we actually encourage young children to accept as normal today.

It is no wonder the film is so popular as it is taking on taboos that people are relating to in a powerful way.
    Wow...
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My point being that children need to be nurtured by decent people in loving families. How much mental illness is really the result of a shitty upbringing? I don't think society really likes that question. There will always be bad apples and one always has the capacity to improve, but what does neglect, violence, and societal abandonment do to someone? I think that is fascinating especially in the context of modern society with its alienation, and broken down families. People seem to have been affected by this film and I suspect it is because people can relate in some way. Not that they are going to become maniacs, but they do uncomfortably have empathy with that world and likely know something of it. It is psychologically very fascinating.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ha!.. I haven't seen anyone else with the 'evil single mum' slant but you, but I guess that figures. Maybe watch it and see if you feel the same. I haven't seen it personally or hardly any films for 25+years but I wouldn't describe it as 'a boycott' (:

I am off location scouting today though and have been working on a script with a friend for months now. Promised myself I would start making personal films at 50 when I had honed the skills needed and had some stories to tell. Going to start a year early.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You must be blind as that is a key element of it all. His laugh is apparently from brain damage induced by one of her flings and apparently it was a sordid upbringing in a world of rejection. Rather than guide him to maturity and independence she manipulated and lied to him and thus pays a price for what has been created. Then again, I haven't seen it yet and am going on user reviews who seem to be ecstatic and shocked at what they have seen.

I honestly do not watch many films at all. I cannot get from a typical film what I can from a book. It has to be very well done to have an impact and I am not interested in killing a little time.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And good for you. If you can do it then go for it.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No more of that boring shit in this thread, stick to films. Jokers.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    It is films.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...ie-penny-fleck

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was scrolling down to say exactly the same thing.

I also thought Jack Napier was the Joker so no idea what angle this film is coming from.

I guess that will be explained
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    I was scrolling down to say exactly the same thing.

I also thought Jack Napier was the Joker so no idea what angle this film is coming from.

I guess that will be explained
    Nothing wrong with discussing the psychology of a character if it relates to a film. A lot of people are discussing similar things.

You cannot for instance talk about Psycho without questioning the psychology and background of Norman Bates. It is a central tenet of the entire story one is watching.

El Kabong Guest

Dracula 1972 A.D. ......it was groovy baby

Hammer films were schlocky kind of cheesy, but they have their place. I don't think those movies would scare a child, but the acting is ok, the actors of course are great Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing are LEGENDS of film.

The films had just a slight bit more gore to them than the Hollywood classics and a little bit more titillation and that kind of put them in their own special place.

Up next is 1986's The Witchboard

I watched 'Friend Request' recently...got to say it was great on the jump scares, just build suspense for minutes until you're like "OK where's this jump scare coming from? Let's GO! Get on with it" it really would build a little anxiety up in you. Everything else about the movie was awful though.

Thread Information