Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  418
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
Page 290 of 311 FirstFirst ... 190240280288289290291292300 ... LastLast
Results 4,336 to 4,350 of 4663

Thread: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

John Wick 3 - they rip off loads of classic favourites - spaghetti westerns, Hong Kong/Bruce Lee, Mad Max, Luc Besson - but make it cool instead of annoying. The story is irrelevant but characters like Morpheus, Lovejoy and the baldy concierge are terrific.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

El Kabong Guest

Finished up 'Mindhunter' season 2.... good stuff, really well done. The greatest horror movies leave the monster to be something of your own imagination and in this series the gore, the violence, the horror is left up to your imagination. That makes it easier to watch, but also the killers have this beneath the surface unease to them even the guys who are typically very friendly with the feds like Ed Kemper.

I would imagine that the next season will probably deal with Dahmer.

Up next 'The Mummy' starring Tom Cruise....we'll see just how horrible this horror movie is.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saw "Angel Has Fallen". Good action, but some predictable gaffes and inexplicable sequences.

El Kabong Guest

'The Mummy' was actually kind of good, I was expecting a shitshow but it was good. Wasn't scary per say but it had good action and suspense. Tom Cruise played kind of an atypical character as well. Cameo from Russel Crowe as Jekyll/Hyde was nice as well.

Universal DID fuck up the 'Dark Universe' a few ways though...They are supposed to be HORROR movies, yes with action, but heavy on the horror! The monsters aren't supposed to be the heroes, they're pure evil and needed to be pure evil. They were going to do a shared universe much like the DC/Marvel Universes and that would have been nice but for the time periods between what all happens Dracula was set in the 15th Century, The Mummy was set in 2017, Frankenstein is originally set in the 19th Century, The Creature from the Black Lagoon occurs in the 1950's...I mean they are all supernatural but still to merge all of those without a DeLorean is nuts.

Up next is 'Watchmen: Tales of the Black Freighter/Under The Hood'

and then it's: Hammer Horror:, The Curse of Frankenstein, Rasputin The Mad Monk, Dracula, Dracula 1972 A.D. Universal-Paramount The Creature From The Black Lagoon

I've not done Hammer films so much, but I'm excited about it Christopher Lee always awesome.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was brought up on Hammer House of Horror and Christopher Lee is the Dracula for me. Peter Cushing was good too.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Finally got around to watching Marvel: End Game. It felt about an hour to long and somehow had avoided spoilers and who was lost at the end. Really didn't care for the rewriting of the lesser, brighter calmer Hulk and what they were going for. Thor also. They tried to play to much to fans with making him a fat beer swilling couch potato playing Fortnite. Hawkeye back was good to see but for some reason it felt they were steering to much for future franchises, but hey Disney . First time seeing Captain Marvel and know there is tons of political blah about the actress etc but that was a solid debut scene. Awesome final battle scene and Caps story.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Finally got around to watching Marvel: End Game. It felt about an hour to long and somehow had avoided spoilers and who was lost at the end. Really didn't care for the rewriting of the lesser, brighter calmer Hulk and what they were going for. Thor also. They tried to play to much to fans with making him a fat beer swilling couch potato playing Fortnite. Hawkeye back was good to see but for some reason it felt they were steering to much for future franchises, but hey Disney . First time seeing Captain Marvel and know there is tons of political blah about the actress etc but that was a solid debut scene. Awesome final battle scene and Caps story.
    I would like to see a film of Hawkeye/Ronin during those years he lost his family. He would be one mean vigilante in the mould of the Punisher. Also love to see the film being made about Captain America’s story of his years with Peggy Carter.

Agreed Nerd Hulk was not great but certainly funny.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We're the Millers was an adult comedy and very funny. Also love Jennifer Aniston.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    We're the Millers was an adult comedy and very funny. Also love Jennifer Aniston.
    She hit 50 this year. Bring on the Milfs . She is scrumptious.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    She hit 50 this year. Bring on the Milfs . She is scrumptious.
    It’s amazing, and Jessica Lange is crazy, what is she 70 and still hot, damn that makes me sound sick

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watched the old classic double indemnity last night. It checks all the boxes on film noir. I’ll take an old classic over new movies any day.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just came back from seeing Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Watched the old classic double indemnity last night. It checks all the boxes on film noir. I’ll take an old classic over new movies any day.
    Absolutely. There's a story there not just flashy special effects and gore

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone see Spy on Netflix. It’s about the Israelites best spy getting into Syria at a time Israel had no intelligence in the country. Sasha Boron or whatever his name is who played Ali G is the star and he did an excellent job. It’s based on a true story. Really well done. It’s a series not a movie but I watched it in prob two and a half days. El kabonger is right, that mindhunter is another very well done series.

El Kabong Guest

'Tales from the Black Freighter' - the comic within a comic from 'Watchmen' was made into a little movie and to be honest I think it was a great storyline and the art was fantastic, kind of reminded me of 'Heavy Metal' and 'The Hobbit'. Gerrard Butler did the narration and he did a brilliant job as well. I think it was really spot on.

'Under the Hood' - kind of an expose look in the 'Watchmen' universe as to how masked crime fighting began. Again great concept and execution, washed the color out looked like real film too very well shot.

Thread Information