Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  418
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
Page 300 of 311 FirstFirst ... 200250290298299300301302310 ... LastLast
Results 4,486 to 4,500 of 4663

Thread: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Shot Caller (2017) 6/10

Not bad but not great either. It was a bit too predictable in the second half.

The Silence (2019) 7.3/10

A sci-fi thriller with a good cast that will keep your attention.

Rambo: Last Blood (2019) 8/10

A very entertaining movie - I've always liked revenge action thrillers. Some over-sensitive critics said it's too violent, but it was not more so than the other Rambo movies.
    Saw the silence and shotcaller. Shot caller had some good acting and I thought the silence was very well done but I’m a sucker for any horror movie above 5

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like everyone else I'm rinsing through the Disney + stuff so did the Pirates of the Caribbean set.

Captain Jack's a brilliant character, he's great in all of them. The first three films were better than the last two for me. Possibly because I was running out of steam with it a bit, five films in a day. Possibly because although the main gist of the fifth is freeing Will, that actual part was only touched on at the start and end. The last two seemed disjointed from the others.

Decent films, Depp is brilliant as Jack.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Like everyone else I'm rinsing through the Disney + stuff so did the Pirates of the Caribbean set.

Captain Jack's a brilliant character, he's great in all of them. The first three films were better than the last two for me. Possibly because I was running out of steam with it a bit, five films in a day. Possibly because although the main gist of the fifth is freeing Will, that actual part was only touched on at the start and end. The last two seemed disjointed from the others.

Decent films, Depp is brilliant as Jack.
    I’m sure you know depp based sparrow on Keith Richards. I only say that as whenever anyone brings up that movie I think of Keith Richards

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah he played his dad in two of the films I think. That was cool.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Man from Uncle was not that bad, paid homage to the original, had good action and comedy mixed well.

Rambo was not that violent when all things considered. Just another John Wick type revenge killing spree.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jagged Edge (1985) 6/10

Good cast, but a very predictable story.

The Emerald Forest (1985) 7/10

Worth watching. More action than I expected. Lots of nudity.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Yeah he played his dad in two of the films I think. That was cool.
    Stupid of me. I completely forgot Richards was in any of those movies, been a long time since I’ve seen them. Keith Richards at one time frequented a bar in my state. He has a house in a rich area (of course) I had a friend who was a cop in the town the bar was in, he called me a couple times when Keith was at the place but I was never able to meet him. Would have loved it. I wouldn’t have bothered the guy if he was trying to enjoy a drink just offer a quick hello and thank him for the great music

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here's a few I watched over the winter months:

Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood (2019) 7/10

A bit overrated, but not bad. Fine performances by Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio.

Sicario 2: Soldado (2018 ) 8/10

Better than the first Sicario.

I Still See You (2018 ) 7/10

Sci-fi horror, better than most of it's genre.

The Salvation (2014) 9/10

Arguably the best western of the past decade.

Joker (2019) 7/10

Overrated, but the second half is entertaining.

2:22 (2017) 8/10

Interesting story, different than anything I'd seen before.

Black '47 (2018 ) 8/10

Historical drama set during the famine in Ireland in 1847.

The Endless (I) (2017) 7/10

One walrus would like. Takes you on a strange journey.
    Last edited by Freedom; 04-02-2020 at 12:20 AM.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

underwater
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

bloodshot
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

mortal kombat legends scorpions revenge

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    As in the arcade game?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    As in the arcade game?
    yes, it is an animated film, i would recommend, it is violent so might not be suitable for younger viewers

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So been watching a lot of films and we get turns for the evening. To illustrate the crap I have been watching I have seen Abominable, Batman Cartoon Hush, Superman cartoon, Joker (which was ok).

Anyway I wanted the boys to watch Good Will Hunting and forgot how good the movie is and the quotes. This one below is a classic.

Will: Why shouldn't I work for the N.S.A.? That's a tough one, but I'll take a shot.

Say I'm working at N.S.A. Somebody puts a code on my desk, something nobody else can break. Maybe I take a shot at it and maybe I break it. And I'm real happy with myself, 'cause I did my job well.

But maybe that code was the location of some rebel army in North Africa or the Middle East. Once they have that location, they bomb the village where the rebels were hiding and fifteen hundred people I never met, never had no problem with, get killed.

Now the politicians are sayin', "Oh, send in the Marines to secure the area" 'cause they don't give a shit. It won't be their kid over there, gettin' shot. Just like it wasn't them when their number got called, 'cause they were pullin' a tour in the National Guard.

It'll be some kid from Southie takin' shrapnel in the ass. And he comes back to find that the plant he used to work at got exported to the country he just got back from. And the guy who put the shrapnel in his ass got his old job, 'cause he'll work for fifteen cents a day and no bathroom breaks.

Meanwhile, he realizes the only reason he was over there in the first place was so we could install a government that would sell us oil at a good price. And, of course, the oil companies used the skirmish over there to scare up domestic oil prices. A cute little ancillary benefit for them, but it ain't helping my buddy at two-fifty a gallon.

And they're takin' their sweet time bringin' the oil back, of course, and maybe even took the liberty of hiring an alcoholic skipper who likes to drink martinis and fuckin' play slalom with the icebergs, and it ain't too long 'til he hits one, spills the oil and kills all the sea life in the North Atlantic.

So now my buddy's out of work and he can't afford to drive, so he's got to walk to the fuckin' job interviews, which sucks 'cause the shrapnel in his ass is givin' him chronic hemorrhoids. And meanwhile he's starvin', 'cause every time he tries to get a bite to eat, the only blue plate special they're servin' is North Atlantic scrod with Quaker State.

So what did I think?

I'm holdin' out for somethin' better. I figure fuck it, while I'm at it why not just shoot my buddy, take his job, give it to his sworn enemy, hike up gas prices, bomb a village, club a baby seal, hit the hash pipe and join the National Guard? I could be elected president.

El Kabong Guest

Watching 'Waco' very odd little series on Netflix. I remember that whole deal going down, I remember hearing stories of what was going on with the Branch Davidians and all. That and Ruby Ridge are two times where the FBI and ATF showed what tyrants they could be. I don't say that because I agree with Randy Weaver or David Koresh, I actually think both of those people made terrible mistakes as well and they could have EASILY diffused the situations they were in. I'll say it this way, if you're going to motherfuck the FBI/ATF you've really gotta pick your spots carefully and even then it's not going to be a fun experience.

I find the series interesting because of the perspective it provides. When you think of Good vs Bad, White Hats and Black Hats that's easy to pull off in movies but this series really blurs the lines and I wonder if there are motivations to doing that in this case and what those motivations would be if not just telling a better story of what actually happened in order to hook more viewers.

Started 'Tiger King'....that is an odd one.

Thread Information