Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  418
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
Page 295 of 311 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295296297305 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,425 of 4663

Thread: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Shat you don't admit anywhere but Saddos...I shed a tear in T2 . Have to say after the trailer I want to see Vin Diesel in Bloodshot . Two-Lane Blacktop..a forgotten cinema gem!

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Shat you don't admit anywhere but Saddos...I shed a tear in T2 . Have to say after the trailer I want to see Vin Diesel in Bloodshot . Two-Lane Blacktop..a forgotten cinema gem!
    Old school, the best roadtrip movie ever.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

. He Even Has Your Eyes
    Year: 2017
    Director: Lucien Jean-Baptiste

El Kabong Guest

Dario Argento's 1977 'Susperia' ....very colorful and a good plot. I love watching horror movies from other countries as it's interesting to see what other cultures see as scary. A very good movie, original in terms of movies.

Next up 1980's 'The Changling' starring George C. Scott. Should be fun, and then it's A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving and then Christmas movies and then after Christmas it's Trading Places, After The Thin Man, etc with the New Year's eve being the theme

After that I'm all in on Deadwood

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I watched Vaxxed: From Cover-Up to Catastrophe a couple of years ago and just saw Vaxxed II: The People's Truth. Do your research.
    They live, We sleep

El Kabong Guest

'The Changeling' was very good even spooky at times...I mean when George C. Scott tosses that ball away in the river and then comes back to the house and the very same ball bounces down the steps that was good and unnerving. Well acted, a bit long, a bit of an odd plot, but everything works out to where it's an enjoyable film.

Now onto the holiday movies

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I did watch the king on Netflix about the early reign of King Henry. It was pretty good but I’m partial to those movies based on old British history. It was well done. Definitely seems like it can be continued of course. I give it Walrus 3 flipper rating

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I saw The Nightingale, a hard watch due to brutality at times but the 2 hours flew by.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joker - reminded me of Scorsese's Taxi Driver/King of Comedy with some Fincher (Seven), the Machinist and American Psycho. Excellent portrayal of a lonely misunderstood dude in a shit world escaping through daydream/fantasy whilst being pushed over the edge. Or was it?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

El Kabong Guest

'Frozen' ....no, not that one but the 2010 movie about 3 people who get stuck on a ski lift...stranded....dozens of feet above the icy slopes and for whatever reason that ski slope was shutting down for 5 days in a row so the plot is super convoluted. It's not quite a horror movie, it's not quite a suspense, it's kind of the winter version of 'Open Water'. I quite enjoyed making fun of the ridiculousness of this movie. Because if you're thinking "Why not just climb on the cable and then climb down a ladder on one of the supports" then you obviously didn't know that "cable" is apparently "razor sharp" .....I mean come on. Losing gloves and it raining making your hands stick or suffering horrible frostbite or not being strong enough those would have sufficed but razor sharp cable Bruh

'As Above So Below' meh, kind of a meh film supposed to be horror but the only thing spooky about it is this one chick in the film who is just a bit part she stares at you like 3 or 4 times. It's kind of like I'm looking to see what's happening and then she just death stares at you....I found that off putting and rather rude to be honest. Ma'am, what is your damn problem? Anywho these "alchemist/archaeologists" searching for the Philosopher's Stone yada yada Nicholas Flemel yada yada Catacombs of Paris yada yada get lost, spooky spooky, people die, and in the end they find the TRUE stone is the one within you and make their escape yada yada. ....could have been scarier.

Next up I'll be tackling: Yeti: Curse of the Snow Demon, Shredder, The Last Winter, and then Christmas classics and cheesy horror films....love this time of the year!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Joker - reminded me of Scorsese's Taxi Driver/King of Comedy with some Fincher (Seven), the Machinist and American Psycho. Excellent portrayal of a lonely misunderstood dude in a shit world escaping through daydream/fantasy whilst being pushed over the edge. Or was it?
    I think he had flights of fancy, but much of it was real. Batman had to have his eventual nemesis so some of it has to be true. My only issue is that Joker seemed a little too cute and naive to become a criminal mastermind. Maybe it is something he cultivates over time. I would love to see a sequel and see what they can do, but only with it done with the best of intentions. It is excellent of its own, but there is so much you can do with that character.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

*Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I think he had flights of fancy, but much of it was real. Batman had to have his eventual nemesis so some of it has to be true. My only issue is that Joker seemed a little too cute and naive to become a criminal mastermind. Maybe it is something he cultivates over time. I would love to see a sequel and see what they can do, but only with it done with the best of intentions. It is excellent of its own, but there is so much you can do with that character.
    It needs a second watch, although once the "fantasist" bit was revealed (I didn't pick it up until he started the relationship) it was pretty easy to determine what was real and not. Without the connection to Batman it would have been easy to explain it away as a mental patient fantasizing, however, knowing it formed part of a bigger story obviously ruled that out.

However, I also enjoyed it because it could have been a stand alone portrait without the Batman connection. Is he a hero or villain? I like that.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

*Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    It needs a second watch, although once the "fantasist" bit was revealed (I didn't pick it up until he started the relationship) it was pretty easy to determine what was real and not. Without the connection to Batman it would have been easy to explain it away as a mental patient fantasizing, however, knowing it formed part of a bigger story obviously ruled that out.

However, I also enjoyed it because it could have been a stand alone portrait without the Batman connection. Is he a hero or villain? I like that.
    Yes, it is great that way. It really makes you think. You know he is 'wrong', but he only hurts those who wrong him and leaves alone those who show a little decency. It is subversive that way and I liked that. I found it a hard film to watch at times too, very well done and it tugs at certain parts of you. I am sure many felt the same whence its mass appeal despite the critics. It is the definitive Joker for me.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

paper tiger
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Mule. pleasantly surprised there. And re watch 40'ish of Band Of the Hand . Don't care. Pure 80's cheese but love everything about that flick. That new Boba Fett 'Star Wars' series on Netflix looks pretty damn cool too. I've never seen a single Toy Story but my neighbor invited me over this weekend to catch the original with her, could be interesting .

Thread Information