Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  418
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
Page 296 of 311 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,440 of 4663

Thread: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Anabelle 2

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

gemini man
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gemini Man - so shit I couldn't take anymore by the hour mark. Looked shit. Sounded shit. Outdated action sequences. All the characters looked like computer animation. Horrible.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Upcoming Richard Jewel flick looks semi decent might check it out. Sam Rockwell is a solid actor.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone else seen Once Upon a Time in Hollywood? If you haven't just watch the last 10 minutes and save yourself roughly 2 hours.
    They live, We sleep

El Kabong Guest

The Yeti: Curse of the Snow Demon - A lovely bit of trash

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rambo Last Blood. It just doesn't stand up to the lastest action flicks of today.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - no doubt i'm a Tarantino groupie but I haven't laughed so much in whenever.

Brad is so funking macho/cool he's off the chart, an understated superhero. Leo the epitome of "behind every actor there's an actress." Music great. The usual homage to Sergio Leone, old TV shows and constant mix between reality and fantasy are terrific. Genius.

El Kabong Guest

Kicking off the holiday season.... Charlie Brown Thanksgiving, Gremlins, Die Hard, Krampus, Gingerdead Man, Black Christmas (1974 original), and a bunch of other fun festive films

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just got back from Blue Story.

I can see why it is causing so many problems but I'll get into that soon.

As for the film itself, its about postcode wars in London (SE13 v SE15) there is one lad who lives in SE15 but goes to school in SE13, he makes new friends at his school and him and his friends avoid the whole gang life, they are a good group of lads but it doesn't take long for them to get dragged into the "gang life"

I thought the film started off looking really promising, a group of lads who avoided all of the gang shit and stuck together against all odds, they had each others backs, they were tight and looked out for each other all the way through, I found myself thinking that they could have built the entire film around this, maybe one of them gets dragged into the gang shit and the others do everything they can to drag him back out, unfortunately this doesn't happen, 2 of the friends end up on either side of the postcode and there is a pretty conveniently manufactured grudge between the two of them and it degenerates into a typical "who will double cross who" and the whole thing just gets extremely predictable.

Now if you don't know what happened the other day here is a link

six-teens-banned-from-every-uk-cinema-following-massive-riot

tonight the cinema was full of kids who looked like they wanted to be in the film, the atmosphere in the cinema was really strange, it was really raucous and there was obviously an air of arrogance around the place, there wasn't any trouble in there but the film obviously attracts a certain type of viewer and any attempted message in the film (regardless of how heavy handed or arguably poorly executed) is lost on them as they just want to see yoots shooting each other up, now there isn't anything wrong with that, if I go to see a horror film I want a horror film and not a romantic comedy.

I think that the people who will get the most out of this film are those that don't understand what it is like to grow up in these areas or similar areas, the people who understand this culture will go and see it and enjoy the boisterous representation of a life they want to pretend that they lead.

Yeah the characters were cliche, the film relied heavily on stereotypes and some of the dialogue was a bit...well, dodgy at times but the film itself wasn't bad

Although wasn't as good as Kidulthood or Adulthood

Out of the 13 films I've been to see at the cinema over the past 2 months this one by far had the worst crowd in there. constantly talking, shouting, whooping and some fuckers even managed to sneak in food from the chip shop which stunk the place out and made me extremely hungry

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the cinema that the riot happened at is less than a 5 minute drive from where I live, that is the cinema that I always go to when watching a film with mates, if I'm going on my own I go to one in town because I've got a Cineworld pass and it is convenient to get to straight from work

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I use to take my girlfriend's to star city, good restaurants and dark cinema. Once there was a long queue and when we got to the front to pay I found out I forgot my wallet.

Last time I went there was to play 5 aside football but that was years ago.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Blue Story "controversy" has really harmed it ().

Rambo Last Blood - it wasn't as pony as I expected because it was so ridiculously over the top (eh eh). The sickening violence was comical and watching a geriatric do the work of 10 men is so silly it's funny. 90 minutes of utter rubbish where even Stallone knows he's taking the piss.

El Kabong Guest

GingerDead Man - What a missed opportunity! You've got Gary Busey in the role of a lifetime and the movie misses so many layups it's just impossible A#1 it doesn't take place during Christmas or the holiday season and it makes no reference to Christmas...I don't even think it's winter during the film and #2 Gingerbread SEASONING .....bruh

I wish I had another hand so I could give that movie 3 thumbs down what an absolute piece of shit.

If it involved Christmas AT ALL in any way shape or form if only for holiday puns it would be a billion times better as a movie. I mean the free domain Christmas songs alone would do nothing but add to it! Who wouldn't want Gary Busey as a Gingerbread cookie to sneak up behind a frightened coed and garrote them with tinsel?!?! Who wouldn't want Gary Busey to exclaim "Seasons beatings!" after walloping some dude bro with a rolling pin?
    Last edited by El Kabong; 12-02-2019 at 07:59 PM.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

jay and silent bob reboot
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Thread Information