Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  418
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
Page 289 of 311 FirstFirst ... 189239279287288289290291299 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,335 of 4663

Thread: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

It (2017).... Decent movie, not scary, decent though

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Spiderman 2, Far From Home was a good movie with some nice twists, exciting action and decent storyline.

Life of Brian is a very funny movie which I had forgotten how good it was.

Bucket List starring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman was a moving film.

Do Over With which starred Adam Sandler and I thought was family friendly but was very rude and awkward with the kids also watching. The plot is simple but ends up complicated when Sandler and his mate fake their own deaths and start a new life but end up in an even worse place.

Night School was enjoyable although not a Kevin Hart fan.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Network (1976) starring: William Holden, Faye Dunaway, and Peter Finch....a truly great and prescient movie. Really explains a lot about the 24/7 newscycle.

Saw 'It' good movie, fun, not scary though

Dracula Untold is next

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Network was awesome! My attention span has been shat lately. Went to storage in hopes of salvaging some of Pops collection. Vhs, dvd really don't care but looks like most are ruined over last 6 months. Have one small box but have to go through them. I realize now where I got my ocd from when it came to collecting fight tapes but he was always far more organized than I. Have yet to see the final Marvel and look forward to it. Started Stranger Things season 3 but feels like the schtick has worn off. I heard the new Godzilla was solid.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Spiderman- Far from home.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

John Wick II - I didn't really like the first one - must've been expecting a Bourne, Taken or Equalizer - but enjoyed this for a 2-hour fantasy escape. Reminded me of a Hong Kong/Chinese actioner from back in the day.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    John Wick II - I didn't really like the first one - must've been expecting a Bourne, Taken or Equalizer - but enjoyed this for a 2-hour fantasy escape. Reminded me of a Hong Kong/Chinese actioner from back in the day.
    Interesting concept for a movie I reckon...would make a good videogame.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Spiderman Far from home wasn't all of that for a Super hero movie, Mysterio was a boring villain.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Spiderman Far from home wasn't all of that for a Super hero movie, Mysterio was a boring villain.
    spoiler
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wild - Reece Witherspoon plays an ex druggy slag who walks the pacific crest trail. Going to find herself or summat. It was alright. No idea if she finished it or not but she does get um out a fair bit. Even as a proper skank you still would.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

El Kabong Guest

The VVitch (2015) - interesting...not scary, more of an allegory than a horror story. Not the greatest movie, but interesting. I think the director had a good thing going it was well shot and very of a period. I think he'd be a great director if Nathaniel Hawthorne's 'Young Goodman Brown' is ever made into a film he'd be perfect to direct it, not that he's some Johnny 1 note who can ONLY do 1 thing, that thing being period pieces in 17th century New England...I just think what he accomplished with The VVitch was impressive visually and in capturing and immersing the viewer in that era.

Robert Eggers is the director and his next film is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Li...se_(2019_film)

Story in that one seems a bit odd...interesting but odd. I think that his cinematography is intriguing though and to shoot THAT in black in white is a bold choice, but it helps set a mood already.

Eggers has a good future ahead of himself I'd say.

Started season 2 of Mindhunter, that is brilliant still, so no one season wonder there (at least so far) only seen 2 episodes.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Network was awesome! My attention span has been shat lately. Went to storage in hopes of salvaging some of Pops collection. Vhs, dvd really don't care but looks like most are ruined over last 6 months. Have one small box but have to go through them. I realize now where I got my ocd from when it came to collecting fight tapes but he was always far more organized than I. Have yet to see the final Marvel and look forward to it. Started Stranger Things season 3 but feels like the schtick has worn off. I heard the new Godzilla was solid.
    You guys have Netflix? I noticed they have network. I started watching it but dozed off, no reflection on the movie it is great. One issue I have with Netflix is they don’t have a lot of the old classics from the 40’s to 70’s. They did have rosemarys baby which is phenomenal. Great atmosphere and overall creepy.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    You guys have Netflix? I noticed they have network. I started watching it but dozed off, no reflection on the movie it is great. One issue I have with Netflix is they don’t have a lot of the old classics from the 40’s to 70’s. They did have rosemarys baby which is phenomenal. Great atmosphere and overall creepy.
    Yeah I've got Netflix even with all the people associated with them now

I watched the first episode of 'The Family' which is about a group of Christians/Evangelicals/Jesus followers who throw their weight behind certain politicians. It's odd how the group 'The Family' is so vaguely defined...they pray to God and Christ, but they are apparently focused solely (and soully I guess) on the Gospels and nothing else. There were lots of young men living sort of a 1950's 'Leave It To Beaver' style of life in a giant house and they run the National Prayer Breakfast and I guess the devious parts are coming in later episodes? but right now it seems rather innocuous.

I watched 'Dracula Untold' which was the origin story for Dracula in Universal's attempt to revive the original monsters. A plan that ultimately failed, but I think the thing now is serials/series like Netflix so if the big movie studios get in on that then serials for such characters (as with superheroes) would probably go off gangbusters. Decent movie, kinda slow, I'm trying 'The Mummy' next with Tom Cruise...the originals of these were so much better.

Can't recommend Mindhunter enough, great series that!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It definitely doesn't feel like what it was a few years ago in terms of overall variety. Navigating titles and genres is all cockeyed and arranged as if TV shows started in the 90's. Shit they don't even have a 'Western' category anymore. Found that searching specific actors brings up like movies and shows but you have to peel back the onion and scroll. They got fans cemented with Punisher and Daredevil and then just..poof, canceled and gone for little other reason than they could.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It definitely doesn't feel like what it was a few years ago in terms of overall variety. Navigating titles and genres is all cockeyed and arranged as if TV shows started in the 90's. Shit they don't even have a 'Western' category anymore. Found that searching specific actors brings up like movies and shows but you have to peel back the onion and scroll. They got fans cemented with Punisher and Daredevil and then just..poof, canceled and gone for little other reason than they could.
    I do find it difficult to find things on Netflix. They also do a poor job stocking classic movies. Let’s see how things shake out when Disney releases the streaming service. There is always talk about Apple buying Netflix.

Thread Information