Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  418
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
Page 310 of 311 FirstFirst ... 210260300308309310311 LastLast
Results 4,636 to 4,650 of 4663

Thread: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Maybe I am getting bored of these superhero films, but Black Adam was just not good.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rush Hour 1 with Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan. Absolutely hilarious, side splitting movie, but nowadays, sadly, people have all lost their sense of humor

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Maybe I am getting bored of these superhero films, but Black Adam was just not good.
    Was surprised they canned the whole project that quickly. Remember seeing Dwayne Johnson interviewed a month or so ago and he was raving on a new genre and DC finally can begin to compete with the MCU. The preview and the idea of a Black Adam peaked my interest but the reviews just were not good at all.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Creed 3 is not great and seemed rushed with bad filming angles. Terrance Crawford, Bellew and other boxing people are in the film including DAZN which has a lot of product placement.

Ant Man 3 is funny but not a good film. Kang is played by the villain in Creed 3.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok I'll admit it. I used to be a pretty big D&D dork in early Jr High . So of when they release a new movie on the classic role-playing franchise some 30+ years later what ya do? You get a shared account and watch it right away! Prior to it's release I actually heard idiots using the term "woke" to describe it. Because the lead character was a Bard . Early on it's a little campy, before the "adventure" really starts. Michelle Rodriquez was great in it. Lots of material from the older books and module campaigns, accuracy in the creatures and a bit heavy on the constant joke cracking and riffing but overall, it works. And the first time I've ever seen an obese Dragon. Haven't finished it but will.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I saw Sound of Freedom recently.

Good, eye-opening movie. Based on a true story, and hard-hitting on what is a real, global problem.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Ok I'll admit it. I used to be a pretty big D&D dork in early Jr High . So of when they release a new movie on the classic role-playing franchise some 30+ years later what ya do? You get a shared account and watch it right away! Prior to it's release I actually heard idiots using the term "woke" to describe it. Because the lead character was a Bard . Early on it's a little campy, before the "adventure" really starts. Michelle Rodriquez was great in it. Lots of material from the older books and module campaigns, accuracy in the creatures and a bit heavy on the constant joke cracking and riffing but overall, it works. And the first time I've ever seen an obese Dragon. Haven't finished it but will.
    I watched it as well and it was good. Better than I thought it would be. Notice the cartoon characters in the Maze?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Somehow it took 23 years but finally saw Jacobs Ladder. That was a trip! Of all things to stumble into also watched Jimmy Stewart in oldie The FBI story. Initially read like over top propaganda but pretty detailed. Either way as a classic actor Stewart was always tops. I think I’ll be taking in “Barbie” over the weekend . But only if it’s the last movie ever made and I’m forced too at knife point.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have watched a bunch of seventies movies on holiday recently and I have to say they blow all the modern superhero shit to bits. Do yourselves a favour. The greatest period of movie making in history without doubt.

I'm looking forward to Oppenheimer though.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Randomly walked into ‘Rescue Dawn’ from 2007 today. Pretty grim account of pow in Vietnam. Bale and especially Steven Zane killed it! Followed Kirklands lead and rewatched The French connection...Hackman at his best...and Close Encounters of the third kind again. Bumped into a Marilyn Chambers vid too but don’t quite recall the credits rolling.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The French Connection director just passed away. RIP

Watched it a couple of weeks ago:

https://twitter.com/TSting18/status/1688631832571473920

I might watch the second one. As I recall it isn't as good.

Endless great seventies movies though.

https://twitter.com/ATRightMovies/st...60102650945541

Marathon Man. Cuckoo's Nest. Deer Hunter. Godfathers. Apocalypse Now. Cheating but Easy Rider. Serpico. All The President's Men. Dirty Harry movies. Dollars trilogy. Taxi Driver. The Passenger. Pelham One Two Three. I'm forgetting some.

Chinatown.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watched Flash which was based on a big storyline for his character. At the end of Justice League, they show a clip where he can move so fast that he can go back in time and they base the film on that power. The film was funny, and action packed which I enjoyed.

Miles Morales Across the Spider-verse animation which is the 2nd film was very good. I thought nothing could beat the first film but this comes very close. It has a great storyline, music and characters for a Marvel nerd like me to appreciate.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post

Marathon Man. Cuckoo's Nest. Deer Hunter. Godfathers. Apocalypse Now. Cheating but Easy Rider. Serpico. All The President's Men. Dirty Harry movies. Dollars trilogy. Taxi Driver. The Passenger. Pelham One Two Three. I'm forgetting some.

Chinatown.

There is a brilliant book by Peter Biskind "Easy Riders, Raging Bulls" that I can highly recommend that features some brilliant stuff from Scorcese, Coppolla etc on what like you say was a golden era for American Films. I think there may also be a documentary film version/series too.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post

Chinatown.

There is a brilliant book by Peter Biskind "Easy Riders, Raging Bulls" that I can highly recommend that features some brilliant stuff from Scorcese, Coppola etc on what like you say was a golden era for American Films. I think there may also be a documentary film version/series too.
    William Goldman wrote a great book about the era too, Adventures in the Screen Trade. I have an electronic copy if anybody wants it. It was Easy Rider that started the whole golden era. Up until then producers ruled in Hollywood and made nice safe family friendly fare. Easy Rider made a fortune while costing nothing to make and studio heads realised there might be some money to be made so allowed up and coming directors like Coppola, Scorsese and Bogdanovich free rein to make the movies they wanted. That lasted about a decade until the eighties when corporations and owners with no interest in movies other than making money took over. All of a sudden accountants were in charge and things became formulaic. This director, these writers, these actors, car chases, explosions, sex scenes, painting by numbers movies made for the eighteen to thirty demographic. Write it so that if it's a hit we can make a sequel or two. Now it's even worse. They make a movie I want to see about once every five years.

Forgot Raging Bull although it came out in 1980. Close enough. Also Dog Day Afternoon, Midnight Express, Network, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. If anybody wants to watch these films they're all available for free on the internet. You just need to invest a few minutes of your time to get them.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thread Information