Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  418
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
Page 302 of 311 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304 ... LastLast
Results 4,516 to 4,530 of 4663

Thread: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Got bored and a little bit hazey and watched King Kong 76' version again. One of the best remakes to ever come out of Hollywood. Also caught 1941, seriously underrated camp.

Finished Richard Jewell story. I remember when it happened but never realized how f'd up that was. Sam Rockwell again nails it.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Superman Red Son which is an animation where Superman lands in the USSR instead of USA. The time period is during the Cold War and he is the servant of Stalin. Very different perspective but good with Lex Luthor an American hero.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Finally caught A Quiet Place. Love the concept, genuine 'scare' factor in spots, the lead actors and the genre..but man that was frustrating as shat so many dumb decisions . Couple years old and sequel supposed to drop but one of those you talk to the screen with 'wtf are you doing'!

The Hornets Nest, Father and Son journalist imbed with U.S forces in Afghanistan. No fluff no frills and respectful focus on the ones that didn't come home.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Got bored and a little bit hazey and watched King Kong 76' version again. One of the best remakes to ever come out of Hollywood. Also caught 1941, seriously underrated camp.

Finished Richard Jewell story. I remember when it happened but never realized how f'd up that was. Sam Rockwell again nails it.
    Spics who is playing the Richard Jewel story? That was directed by Eastwood wasn’t it. I remember seeing trailers for that and I really wanted to see it but I completely forgot until you just mentioned it. Damn that dude got fucked over. I read several articles and interviews about and with him, always felt for the guy. Too bad he isn’t around to see the movie.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Superman Red Son which is an animation where Superman lands in the USSR instead of USA. The time period is during the Cold War and he is the servant of Stalin. Very different perspective but good with Lex Luthor an American hero.
    Interesting

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Interesting
    Wonder Woman is a lesbian and is trying to keep the peace between all.

Batman is a USSR version who hates Superman for his love of Stalin and the oppressive regime.

Lex is with Lois Lane and a super genius good guy who goes on to the President after the assassination of JFK.

El Kabong Guest

Interesting

Batman is a USSR version who hates Superman for his love of Stalin and the oppressive regime.

Lex is with Lois Lane and a super genius good guy who goes on to the President after the assassination of JFK.
    Sounds like a very neat premise.

Batman is sadly a knockoff character. The Shadow is who he's 100% based off of.

Superman suffers from the same problem the Greek hero Diomedes did. He's too powerful to make interesting. He's never truly in peril and that isn't relatable.

On occasion Superman can be ok, but most times his whole "My power is all the powers" gets stale.

El Kabong Guest

Not to piss all over the characters, just there's a way to tell a story around those concepts (for Superman). Batman is a fun character and has good villain opposition. Lex Luthor as a concept is a good idea for a bad guy but hardly a match for Superman.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Interesting

Superman suffers from the same problem the Greek hero Diomedes did. He's too powerful to make interesting. He's never truly in peril and that isn't relatable.

On occasion Superman can be ok, but most times his whole "My power is all the powers" gets stale.
    That sounds cool. I like the concept but I can’t watch the animated stuff. I like alternative takes on history. THere was a book and movie that was written if Nazi Germany had one the war. The US stayed out of the war but it was a tense post war relationship. Hitler had been able to hide what he did with the Jews and dissidents. I think it was Kennedy who was in Germany to be the first US president to meet Hitler and at the last minute a dossier was obtained showing what Hitler had done. The book was called the father land the movie may have had been the same. Alternate take on history books and movies can be cool. I’d like to see or read one on the russians rushing the blockade of Cuba during that crisis.

El Kabong Guest

Isn't there some HBO show that re-imagines America if Charles Lindbergh won the Presidency and was a Nazi which is kinda odd. I mean I know Lindbergh was more of an America First guy, can't speak to his other political views. I may have to check out some sort of biography on that dude. I know he was a pilot obviously, I know his kid got kidnapped and I believe murdered, but there's not much else I know about him. I like thought experiments like that as you were saying walrus. There was some mockumentary about if the Confederacy won the Civil War which I haven't seen anything but the trailer for and judging by that the writer or director both needed some history lessons. I've heard about 'The Man in The High Castle', haven't seen it yet though.

Should be wrapping up Deadwood soon....only 3 seasons and a movie. It's a great damn show.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post

Spics who is playing the Richard Jewel story? That was directed by Eastwood wasn’t it. I remember seeing trailers for that and I really wanted to see it but I completely forgot until you just mentioned it. Damn that dude got fucked over. I read several articles and interviews about and with him, always felt for the guy. Too bad he isn’t around to see the movie.
    Yeh it was a real screw job and timely. I ran across it on Amazon prime for a few bucks. I seldom watch full 'new' movies in one setting though so their limit of '30'+ hrs to view them sucks.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Isn't there some HBO show that re-imagines America if Charles Lindbergh won the Presidency and was a Nazi which is kinda odd. I mean I know Lindbergh was more of an America First guy, can't speak to his other political views. I may have to check out some sort of biography on that dude. I know he was a pilot obviously, I know his kid got kidnapped and I believe murdered, but there's not much else I know about him. I like thought experiments like that as you were saying walrus. There was some mockumentary about if the Confederacy won the Civil War which I haven't seen anything but the trailer for and judging by that the writer or director both needed some history lessons. I've heard about 'The Man in The High Castle', haven't seen it yet though.

Should be wrapping up Deadwood soon....only 3 seasons and a movie. It's a great damn show.
    There was another book by Philip Rothman about Lindbergh running for president and befriending Hitler. I have read several things about him being a staunch Hitler supporter. I would need to look further into it as I don’t know what is hand me down gossip and what is real but Lindbergh did support Hitler at the start, of course so did Ford and a number of US companies. Remember though at one point Churchill referred to Hitler as a great leader so it could have been during that time period

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Interesting

bain is more relatable because he came from nothing, not like batman who was giving everything
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Interesting

bain is more relatable because he came from nothing, not like batman who was giving everything
    True he was given everything but at least he decided to go out and risk it all trying to help people. If I inherited all that I wouldn’t want to risk my well being so frequently. I’d be buying jets and cars and watches and banging models and sit ringside at anyfight, fuck yeah I’d be rollin

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Interesting

True he was given everything but at least he decided to go out and risk it all trying to help people. If I inherited all that I wouldn’t want to risk my well being so frequently. I’d be buying jets and cars and watches and banging models and sit ringside at anyfight, fuck yeah I’d be rollin
    That is what Tony Stark, Iron Man, did until he became an alcoholic but changed his ways.

Thread Information