Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  418
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
Page 292 of 311 FirstFirst ... 192242282290291292293294302 ... LastLast
Results 4,366 to 4,380 of 4663

Thread: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Finally got around to catching The Book of Eli. Tend to find Denzel either absolutely great, or eh but thought that one was awesome. I don't get into religious overtones to much but recall some back and forth when that came out. I'm just a sucker for anything apocalyptic.
    Great movie spics. Yes it has a biblical part to the plot but i never thought it created any controversy as it’s approached very calmly and no preaching or pushing the subject. Is it on Netflix by any chance I’d really like to see it again. Like you I’ll watch any apocalyptic movie as long as it’s rated 4.9 or above on imbd. I also can’t get enough of good zombie flix

Loved The Book of Eli, and it helped to have Denzel and my favorite bad guy, Gary Oldman. Don't get much into zombie movies, though. I find them to be basically lifeless.
    Oldman is great. That Churchill movie he did, though rather a crappy movie, showed his range and he did a great Churchill. And interesting tits, I didn’t know anyone didn’t like zombie movies. Did you see world war Z

No, bro. Didn't see it. I did see I Am Legend, which I liked. I guess I prefer tougher, faster moving zombie-like creatures.

My favorite Oldman movie of all time still remains The Professional.
    I am legend was phenomenal. The zombies also were getting intelligent. There are a lot of crappy zombie movies made but when you catch a good one it’s the shit. 28 days was a good one as well. The follow up was not as good but not horrible.
    The zombies in I Am Legend are not the monster, Will Smith is, the bogey man who hunts "us" (the masses) at "night." It was made in the 70s - Omega Man, with Charlton Heston, which was far more political (obviously for the time). Not that I understood that as a kid, I found it genuinely scary, like all those 70s zombie/apocalypse/disaster flicks. Great stuff.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manchester by the Sea - this is like a sentimental grievers version of Good Will Hunting. Proper adults film. Beautiful setting. Casey Affleck is brilliant doing me.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Manchester by the Sea - this is like a sentimental grievers version of Good Will Hunting. Proper adults film. Beautiful setting. Casey Affleck is brilliant doing me.
    I have always pictured you as Hong Kong Phooey the mild mannered grief stricken Janitor...only with a stetson instead of a headband.
    Last edited by Beanz; 09-19-2019 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Changed Honk to Hong lest someone think I missed a Y
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok so my last two movies have consisted of one I expected to like..... but hated.... and one I expected to hate.... but liked.

"Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" was the biggest waste of 3 hours I have ever experienced. Tarantino should be flogged for that one.

"Where'd You Go, Bernadette" turned out surprisingly good after a slow start. Thought it would be a run-of-the-mill chick flick. Didn't realize Cate Blanchett could look that pretty.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just watched new rambo.

I was very disappointed to be honest. Bored even at times
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Just watched new rambo.

I was very disappointed to be honest. Bored even at times
    Caught the promo the other night. Looks like they're trying for full on vengeful crazed serial killer at this point.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Stallone should do Rocky and Rambo movies till he's 90. That way we can do a decade by decade comparison and wager on which character will fizzle out first.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yesterday by Danny Boyle

If you like the Beatles music you'll love this movie. 👌

A struggling musician realizes he's the only person on Earth who can remember The Beatles after waking up in an alternate timeline where they never existed.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Somehow stumbled into Fistful of Dynamite aka Once upon a Time..the Revolution last night. That brought back a lot of memories. Not many Fathers sneak their toddlers into the drive in to see Sergio Leone flicks but he reminded us each time we watched them . I really forgot how twisted this flick was, James Colburn was superb!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Saw Midsommar at cinema last night
    Same director as Hereditary @Fenster
    Absolutely fucked up movie.
    It's long at 140 mins but definitely worth seeing.
    I thought someone @-ed me about this film. Yeah I liked Hereditary, for a horror/thriller. This one is mental. It's The Wicker Man on acid made by Stanley Kubrick's biggest fan. The bear
    Last edited by Fenster; 10-02-2019 at 09:15 AM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Somehow stumbled into Fistful of Dynamite aka Once upon a Time..the Revolution last night. That brought back a lot of memories. Not many Fathers sneak their toddlers into the drive in to see Sergio Leone flicks but he reminded us each time we watched them . I really forgot how twisted this flick was, James Colburn was superb!
    I remember watching this with my dad too (on TV though). You know, it's original title is - Duck, You Sucker! They changed it to Fistful/Once for obvious reasons.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Stallone should do Rocky and Rambo movies till he's 90. That way we can do a decade by decade comparison and wager on which character will fizzle out first.
    If Rambo couldn’t use guns do you think he could beat Rocky in a fight. That’s a tough one.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Yesterday by Danny Boyle

If you like the Beatles music you'll love this movie. 👌

A struggling musician realizes he's the only person on Earth who can remember The Beatles after waking up in an alternate timeline where they never existed.

So it’s actually worth seeing. I’m a big Beatles fan I thought it was just another spin off using their music. That concept sounds pretty cool. I hope it’s be on Netflix

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Rambo couldn’t use guns do you think he could beat Rocky in a fight. That’s a tough one.

That's a good question, tusks..... and definitely worthy of analysis.

Let's see... Rocky was himself a shitty boxer. He totally telegraphed his punches, and had this annoying habit of letting opponents tee off on him (to the appropriate urgent music track) several times before he somehow got enough energy to stage a flurry of his own.

Out in the street, the only things Rocky did well at all were punch frozen sides of beef, and pose for Adrian in his muscle shirt.

Nah... Rocky would beat the shit out of him. He'd start by leg sweeping him off his feet, and then go all "jungle" on him.

Before too long Rocky would be calling for Adrian like he did at the end of the first movie.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's a good question, tusks..... and definitely worthy of analysis.

Let's see... Rocky was himself a shitty boxer. He totally telegraphed his punches, and had this annoying habit of letting opponents tee off on him (to the appropriate urgent music track) several times before he somehow got enough energy to stage a flurry of his own.

Out in the street, the only things Rocky did well at all were punch frozen sides of beef, and pose for Adrian in his muscle shirt.

Nah... Rocky would beat the shit out of him. He'd start by leg sweeping him off his feet, and then go all "jungle" on him.

Before too long Rocky would be calling for Adrian like he did at the end of the first movie.
    You mean Rambo would?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information