Name: Todd
    Weight: 176 Lbs
    Area: Virginia, USA
    Goals:
    -Get back in shape
    -Lose weight down to 165Lbs
    -Stop smoking
    -Start amatuer boxing (middle weight)

Diet: I eat 4 to 5 times a day. Three main meals, breakfast lunch and dinner. Two shakes a day (fruits, skim milk, 20 grams whey protein)
    And a snack here or there if i get hungry.

Workout: Monday,wednsday and friday will be upper body days, with tuesday thursday and saturday being lower body days. All days will have some form of cardio, some lighter than others because i consider my conditioning more important than my strength. Also, i will be doing ab excercises everyday (everyone i have talked to have said your abs need less recovery than most other muscles) I will be adding shadow boxing, a little hitting the mitts focusing on proper form, and homemade slip bag just to freshen up the basics also through out the week. Also, all set will be burnouts (done until failure) due to them all being body weight workouts and me needing to burn fat more than build muscle (although im sure i will be doing both). ALSO:when i say crunches i do 30 standard crunches and then 30 bicycle style crunches, back to normal...ect.

Monday-1.5 mile run, 2 sets towel pull-ups, 2 sets dips, 2 sets chest push-ups,2 sets horizontal pull-ups, 50 10lb dumbell curls, 120 crunches

Tuesday- 1.5 mile run, 2 sets squats, 2 sets calf raises, 2 sets lunges, hanging leg raises

Wednsday- 15 minutes skipping, 2 sets towel pull-ups, 2 sets dips, 2 sets chest push-ups,2 sets horizontal pull-ups, 50 10lb dumbell curls, 120 crunches

Thursday- 1.5 mile run, rest

Friday- 1.5 mile run, 2 sets towel pull-ups, 2 sets dips, 2 sets chest push-ups,2 sets horizontal pull-ups, 50 10lb dumbell curls, 120 crunches

Saturday- 15 minutes skipping, 2 sets squats, 2 sets calf raises, 2 sets lunges, hanging leg raises

Sunday- rest, maybe a light jog or something similar

I have no money to get the gym right now (closest one is 30-45 minutes away, and im poor lol) so my main goal here is to work out
    and get down to weight and in shape while i save money, that way i wont be paying a gym to get me conditioned as i can do that alone.
    Last edited by theonecalledtodd; 11-24-2008 at 12:55 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Todd's Workout log

just finished up todays workout, figured if i get it up and on the site the constant fact that its in my face will motivate me to keep this up. Any questions or comments on the workout, please let me know. Also let me point out i am just getting into shape, i will alter the intensity of the workout once i get conditioned again, this is just a "tune up" if you will.

todd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good to see your looking to get back into shape, all I can suggest is increasing the reps per set of each exercise every week. This way your exercises are going to get more intense every week. Also try different variations of pushups to work different muscle groups, ie; 10x knuckle, hands out, hands in, wide pushups. To make up the 40 pushups, rather than just 40 normal.

Same goes with the crunches, do a few crunches, then have your legs straight in the air and do crunches that way. The key is variation, makes your workouts more exciting and reduces adaptation by your muscles.

Good to see you've made a log mate, keep us updated
    "There are no ordinary moments"

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thanks for the recomendations salty, i already do it with crunches, i do 20 regular, then 20 bicycle style, back to 20 regular, ect... but pushups, thats a good idea. I get to hit the mits a few times a week with my friend simply holding them practicing the jab most of the time, just moving and throwing the jab. I want my jab to be my main tool, quick and punishing, so i try to practice it often.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hey everyone, just got done working out and i think its time to turn the intensity up, i feel like a slacker afterward lol.

I also went to an amateur boxing tourney today to watch the fighters, and i was surprised to see alot of talent in the upper weights. The future of boxing in this area seems good uppper weight wise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Welcome to the forum.

Id suggest you take a day off every week (at least). You need to give your body some rest or you will burn out fast.

Also doing shoulder presses and push ups both work your shoulders (especially your front delts). You may want to adjust your program to give those muscles a bit of rest in between workouts. Maybe do pull muscles(pull ups/deadlifts/biceps/forearms etc) one day, then push muscles (push ups/shoulders/squats/tricepsetc) the next. Or an Upper/Lower split would be the same.

Just a thought, please dont take it as criticism.

Good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You need a day or two off in there for your recovery and also not to get burned out. Also, add in stretching everyday.

Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thanks for the advice about the delts, hmmm pull ups are nice but without a pull up bar i draw a blank. Any ideas, i live in a heavily wooded area so maybe i could go rocky and find something like a tree to train on lol.

As for stretching i forgot to put that in, i stretch everyday regardless right when i wake up i go through about 10 minutes of full body stretches, wake me up. Thanks for the coments, keep them coming, you all are pros here compared to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by theonecalledtodd View Post
    thanks for the advice about the delts, hmmm pull ups are nice but without a pull up bar i draw a blank. Any ideas, i live in a heavily wooded area so maybe i could go rocky and find something like a tree to train on lol.

As for stretching i forgot to put that in, i stretch everyday regardless right when i wake up i go through about 10 minutes of full body stretches, wake me up. Thanks for the coments, keep them coming, you all are pros here compared to me.
    Yeah I don't have one either, you can either find a good branch, or get yourself a towel. Throw the towel over a branch and grab each end and pullup with that. It will give you massive forearms if you keep those up.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Towel pull ups are great for the forearms.

Of course you could always buy a pull up bar..lol or do bent over rows or some other back exercise if you have weights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well due to all the advice and research (and the fact this workout isn't producing results very quickly besides a slow increase in stamina) I am going to revamp it for a more intense workout while also working a day off in there for recovery. It should be posted by the end of the day for criticism.

Also, towel ups, i love the idea forarm and back workout at once. Thanks fellas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do you have weights or a gym membership??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im guessing you dont have weights. So heres one option for a routine you could do.

Monday- 3 sets of each: Squats, Push Ups, Pull Ups, Hyper extensions, Cunches

Tuesday- Cardio

Wednesday- Same as Monday

Thursday- Cardio

Friday- Same as Monday

Sat + Sun- Rest /or cardio on one of these days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you don't have weights head over to bodyweight culture, they have everything to do with bodyweight on that site. Also great advice on how to get to 100 pushups, planche pushups, GPP workouts. Check it out for some training ideas mate

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

OK the new plan is up top, thanks for the help so far, comments welcome. Im going to wrap this week p with the old schedule and start the new one on monday,.

Thread Information