Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default The next Miguel Cotto?!

This guy is gonna be something special in the future all the potential is there definitely a rising puerto rican star! Many compare his stlye to Miguel Cotto and you see why and the future of the junior middleweight division!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51f6mOcKTnk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The next Miguel Cotto?!

good style keep bringging more of his fights.
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He looked pretty damn good, great body work, fast hands and plenty of pop with great punch selection...

BUT

We of course have to see him progress and be that dominating as the competition level rises before we start mentioning his name with stars like Cotto
    Last edited by JT Rock; 11-20-2008 at 05:24 PM.

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by punchfan View Post
    This guy is gonna be something special in the future all the potential is there definitely a rising puerto rican star! Many compare his stlye to Miguel Cotto and you see why and the future of the junior middleweight division!

I was ready to argue even before I saw the footage but after reviewing the video, there are amazing similarities with maybe one exception, Omar has a right hand. Cotto for the most part is a "one handed fighter" and that is a quote from one of the Mayweather's which I believe was said by Floyd Sr. and I agree on that for the most part but not that he is a one handed fighter, it's just that he has no power in his right hand and thus seems to mainly favor his left which at times sure makes look like a one handed fighter if you know what I mean. Good find, I will keep my eye on him they need to keep that boy busy at his age, he should have at least 10 fights in the bag. I have to admit, I miss ma' boy Cotto It seems as though he has been gone for years The worse thing is I believe he wants Margarito again that takes guts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That guy MUST have studied Cotto's style to be so similar, he fights almost exactly the same. I'll be watching this guy as I love Cotto's style.

BTW I don't like fighters who rush to stand over their opponent once they are down. Hope he cuts that out and gets straight to a neutral corner in future.
    Last edited by Kel; 11-20-2008 at 05:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G View Post

I was ready to argue even before I saw the footage but after reviewing the video, there are amazing similarities with maybe one exception, Omar has a right hand. Cotto for the most part is a "one handed fighter" and that is a quote from one of the Mayweather's which I believe was said by Floyd Sr. and I agree on that for the most part but not that he is a one handed fighter, it's just that he has no power in his right hand and thus seems to mainly favor his left which at times sure makes look like a one handed fighter if you know what I mean. Good find, I will keep my eye on him they need to keep that boy busy at his age, he should have at least 10 fights in the bag. I have to admit, I miss ma' boy Cotto It seems as though he has been gone for years The worse thing is I believe he wants Margarito again that takes guts

Cotto has a lot of power in his right hand, it just doesn't get the credit it deserves, what punch knocked Judah down? It was Cotto's right hand not his left hook that landed best on Mosley for the most part. He has a terrific right hand. This guy is scarily like Cotto, hopefully he will have a better chin because that is the only thing that has kept Cotto from being as scary as guys like Duran once were.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He looks like him a bit, maybe not as tight on defense. But watching the video on Mayweather against Girard just reminds me of how much fighters grow from early in their career (not a novel idea I know). I mean that looks like Mayweather, but at the same time pretty different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He looks tighter on defense then Cotto did in his debut, I am not sure how exactly you can judge it, seeing as he never got hit. They look like carbon copies, Cotto had faster hands, but he was also at 140 so he was smaller and thus its expected. We will see how much power Henry has, and if he lets it get to his head like Lacy did, I hope not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's american, born and raised.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    He looks tighter on defense then Cotto did in his debut, I am not sure how exactly you can judge it, seeing as he never got hit. They look like carbon copies, Cotto had faster hands, but he was also at 140 so he was smaller and thus its expected. We will see how much power Henry has, and if he lets it get to his head like Lacy did, I hope not.
    Have no idea what Cotto's defense looked like in his debut, over the course of his career that I've seen he keeps a tighter guard than this guy does.

Of course that could change. Its jut his pro debut, not putting that much stock in it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just realized him and Demetrius Andrade are the same age, and maybe 1 division apart at most. This maybe the big matchup of the next generation of boxers.

YouTube - 【2008-10-23】Demetrius Andrade vs Patrick Cape
    Last edited by Taeth; 11-20-2008 at 08:20 PM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wonder how hard Andrade hits, I haven't seen enough to tell and its hard to tell against a guy like that, I mean Chris Byrd had early KO's against some guys. He has a nice counter left.

I guess he's the best prospect out of that group now that Warren is going to another Olympics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cant count cotto out yet he still will make history. What about JuanMa I think he has alot of potential.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if he keeps that up we will be seeing more of him a few years down the road
    Hidden Content
    Ani hu sheshokhen betokh Cain
    Ego sum quis habitavit in Nerone
    Mia fora katoikese mesa se Ioudas
    Ich war mit Legion
    Ana Belial
    And I am Lucifer, The devil in the flesh

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow, this Omar Henry could sure fights like Cotto.
    Some of the exact same body movements as punches are thrown.

Way to early to call but the kid def. needs to be kept active and fighting often.

Thread Information