Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Great new science fiction show on telly now.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Great new science fiction show on telly now.

It's presented by Tony Robinson who played Baldrick in Black Adder and is all about the latest scientific theories regarding how catastraphism has shaped our earth's history.

Tonight's episode is all about the early planet in our solar system Thea, as big as Mars that collided with Earth 4.5 billion years ago with the resulting explosion creating our moon, a very fortuitous accident as of course we needed the moon to help us maintain our own axis and control the tides.

Future episodes will tell us about the 25 million years that our planet was covered in ice, the 6 mile wide meteor that wiped out the dinosaurs and a whole bunch of other imagined happenings which are presented as fact to the gullible of people of Britain who will doubtless lap it all up and accept it all without a hint of sceptism.

Glad my license fee is going on worthwhile projects

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Great new science fiction show on telly now.

I agree with you on this (although it's slightly better than your bible claptrap/imaginary being tosh).

All these programs are the same.. basically a big GUESS being presented as fact.. that in years to come, when we're all long gone, will probably be scoffed at by even "smarter" scientists.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I used to like watching the program with the legendary Patrick Moore."THE SKY AT NIGHT"i think it was called.Mind you i used to lose meself by watching it because it was really detailed.Great Patrick Moore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The question that always really blows me away is,"HOW BIG IS SPACE?"Think about it for a while and you'll be troubledI mean there must be a end somewhere........like a big wall or some kind.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its laughable isnt it,Here we are smaller than ants in the scale of it all trying to see out into other universes and also trying to see down into ourselves in microns or whatever it is with man made equipment focused but with less limit than we have.
    Physics has near on proven that we can only experience about 10 to 15 % of the piece of reality that we exist within down here.That is sooo cool Also that stuff can go for near on an eternity inwards and outwards.The mathmatical structures head both ways and they're linked.

They have also proved that dimensions exist and that matter can and does zip in and out between ones that are side by side or between one reality and the next.T hey can see electrons do it.

So with that in mind I think the space is space ,the void.

The stuff spread out through it is layered and other stuff is invisible to the stuff that only chooces to experience itself in one layer, with worm holes and different light speeds,matter,anti matter etc etc ever expanding and contracting like its breathing, but billions of years on the out breath and billions of years on the in breath.
    With at the moment new creation,new systems ever expanding the horizons.The whole thing is alive and the whole thing is in balance with itself, planets are like tides too.
    The void is only what is possible like a blank canvas being painted on by every concievable form of life expanding up ,down ,in and out experiencing all that it can in every nook and cranny.

(Cranny) Is short for Cranbourne its a hick town just out of Melbourne full of single mums on the dole and young lads all doing dope running around belting each stupid cause they are a touch confused )

From my perspective the whole thing is held in place through love and light nothing else and here we can singely or as a group imit and experience the reverse energy to that if you or we wish it on ourselves; from our chosen perspective.

Which to me is even cooler when you think of what is actually being allowed to occur in the name of love and the fact that it allows all things its own course.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Thread Information